[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do US soldiers get issued wallets / watches?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1498048612906.png (179KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
1498048612906.png
179KB, 641x530px
Do US soldiers get issued wallets / watches?
>>
>>35161078
No you have to buy those at the PX
>>
>>35161078
Can't speak for soldiers but was a marine grunt.

Wallet - they don't care, not even on gear list
Watch - This is something they did expect you to have, but wouldn't issue. Itd be on the gear list. So of course we'd bitch because it's a requirement that makes you spend your own money. That's why I had a $12 cassio. Mostly just to set an alarm to show up for formation or wake up for firewatch. I didn't enjoy guys shaking me awake, and there's times (especially the years I was in) a cell phone isn't/can't be your clock.

Also any operating watch needs a dimly lit back light for the night.
>>
>>35161213
>>35161165
What the... how selfish is the US military.
>>
>>35161245
>$5 watch and wallet
>things any normal human being is expected to have
Does McDicks issue you a wallet? No? Oh, then why the fuck would the military issue you one?
>>
>>35161213
>$12 cassio
holy shit yes. Those shitty al-qaeda watches were a lifesaver in boot camp. Even today I still wear mine if I'll be in the field
>>
>>35161272
>Does McDicks issue you a wallet?
McDicks doesn't issue you assault rifles, either.
>>
>>35161335
Wow, that really gets my noggin a joggin. I'll petition them to start arming their employees.
>>
>>35161335
>He didn't do french fry qual

No wonder my fries aren't salted properly as of late.
>>
>>35161078
Why the fuck would they?
>>
>>35161272
McDicks doesn't take over literally every aspect of your life for years at a time m10.
>>
>>35161078
enlisted get a uniform stipend biennially. Watches are part of the uniform. wallets come issued in every mre (plastic beverage bag)
>>
>>35161734
>annual clothing stipend
You mean bonus alcohol funds
>>
>>35161692
Neat, email your congressman to change the standard issue personal gear. Because you can't be the only one incompetent enough to buy your own wallet and watch right?
>>
>>35161746
this
>>
File: 33.png (33KB, 295x317px) Image search: [Google]
33.png
33KB, 295x317px
>claim to be best military in the world
>claim to be a country that spends the most on it's military
>cant issue it's troops a wallet and watch

even in shit hole countries these are issued.
>>
>>35161834
We're economically sound enough to demand our troops buy it. Your country knows if not issued no way they can.

I accept this.
>>
>>35161834
How much welfare you provide off the taxpayer's dollar has no bearing on the quality of your military.
>>
>>35161078
I can only imagine that issued wallets would be those shitty duct tape ones or somehow ones of worse quality. The watches would be just the same.
>>
File: hook and loop ucp wallet.jpg (5KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
hook and loop ucp wallet.jpg
5KB, 229x220px
>>35161859
>>
>>35161859
>He didn't have enough Pepsi points in the 90's for a free Velcro wallet

Younglings, younglings everywhere.
>>
>>35161883
>Pepsi points
I miss those. I got a hoodie when I was a kid.
>>
>>35161245
How much of a jew are you that you don't want to spend $15 on a wallet and a watch?
>>
>>35161272
Poor comparison anon, McDicks gives out free wallets once in a while and doesn't require you to PT every day.
>>
>>35161078
Silly wabbit, you hide your valuables in your patrol cap then stuff them up your bum when in doors.

No wallet needed.

For keeping time you don't need a watch, just a 1sgt to yell at you every 3 minutes.
>>
Wallets are not necessary to operate within the Military. It is merely an organizational tool. Your left breast pocket is a great holder of your Military ID and weapon cards.

Watches, while necessary to tell the time in a field setting, are today inexpensive, and easily covered as part a a service members yearly uniform allowance. I've had a shitty Casio watch I bought from Walmart for $15 that has survived multiple field ops and a deployment. You don't need to spend hundreds on a g shock or sunto or anything crazy like that. A basic watch, digital or analog, is all that is necessary to perform any functions required of you by Military service.
>>
>>35161335
assault rifle is a work tool for soldier
How a pan and pancake inverter is
>>
>>35161359
ive experienced no shortage of salt
>>
>>35161213
>>35161320
They're called F-91W.
>>
>>35161746
+1 can confirm ( I thought I was the only 1)
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.