[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's some /k/ related movies people might not have heard about?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

File: Army1.jpg (230KB, 1260x693px) Image search: [Google]
Army1.jpg
230KB, 1260x693px
What's some /k/ related movies people might not have heard about?
>>
The last 10 minutes of The Veteran.
Kajaki, aka Kilo Two Bravo in America so that burgertards dont think its some Japanese arthouse film
>>
>>35158570
Real Life.
>>
File: dave-mcgraw-512x512.jpg (67KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
dave-mcgraw-512x512.jpg
67KB, 512x512px
>>35158570
Generation Kill
>>
File: IMG_0506.gif (4MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0506.gif
4MB, 320x240px
>>35158570

The 1979 all is quiet on the western front
>>
>>35158663
I like the part where the flamethrower guy gets shot in the leg, falls over, and lights his friend on fire.
>>
'1944' is an Estonian film about the battle in the Courland pocket. It follows a squad of Estonian SS as they simply try and survive. Other SS volunteer units like the Dutch and Danish are featured too.
There's a pretty big TWEEST halfway through that I won't spoil, but it's a very well shot movie, as well as an interesting subject matter that would be too taboo to make if it was filmed anywhere else.
>>
File: master and commander.jpg (38KB, 600x251px) Image search: [Google]
master and commander.jpg
38KB, 600x251px
>>35158663
Ernie Borgnine is my nigga.

Onto the thread, my favorite movie of all time is Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World.
>>
Siege at Jadotville
>>
>>35158600
>the last 10 minutes
Yea the rest of the movie was garbage but for sure that scene was pretty good albeit I have no idea how a Britbong got the gats he got.

>>35158634
For sure but everyone has heard of it

>>35161326
Yesssssss very good movie, very /k/ related because of the SMLE, FAL action

>last 20 minutes of Proof of Life
It's on Netflix and the whole movie is definitely worth a watch. I can remember watching it with my dad on pay per view right after it came out as a kid, and my dad, former 11B in the 82nd in the 70's was like "Shit yeah, that's how it's actually done" during a particular part involving a knife /nospoilers.jpg
>>
>>35161326
That's on /k/ once a week at least. Great movie, tho.
>>
>>35158663
I like the original better, but that's just personal preference.

The Lost Batallion is true WW1 kino
>>
>>35158663
I had to do a 20 min presentation on this movie in my European history class. Good movie good book
The 1930 movie is the best one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4ERZoBipSM
>>
>>35161459
The last scene is chilling
>>
>>35158862

Minor corrections on that:

The battles in "1944" are mostly placed at Tannenberg-line (east of Tallinn) in July, followed by retreat after German lines are breached and final events on Saaremaa Island in November.

The big thing in the movie is that Estonians got forced to fight on both sides - Soviet Red Army and German units of Waffen SS - and for rank-and-file to which side any random person got recruited depended in large degree which year he had born. Hence the movie shows the events from point of view of Estonian soldiers serving on both sides - with early part of the movie concentrating to those in Waffen-SS and late part to those serving in Red Army.
>>
>>35161532
well damn dude, just spoil it and ruin the buildup, why don't you
>>
>>35161450
>The Lost Batallion
Another here for The Lost Battalion. I've only seen the A&E one so if there is another IDK about it.
>>
>>35161459
Many of the film crew and actors were WW1 vets.
>>
File: wolmi_island2.png (229KB, 708x316px) Image search: [Google]
wolmi_island2.png
229KB, 708x316px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkKSMJ8vf18
>>
>>35158570
Tali ihantala 1944
Talvisota
>>
File: whitetiger01.jpg (68KB, 700x378px) Image search: [Google]
whitetiger01.jpg
68KB, 700x378px
White Tiger (2012)
Just watch it on youtube in 720p
>>
>>35158752
what movie are you talking about?
>>
File: Emperor of the North.png (448KB, 843x465px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor of the North.png
448KB, 843x465px
>>35158570

Emperor of the North (Pole)

>it's the great depression
>you're a train conductor
>fucking transients are stealing the goods from your train and using it for transportation across the country
>you have one mission
>terminate the homeless threat
>any means necessary
Starring Lee Marvin and Ernest Borgnine
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.