[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Noguns -> Hasguns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: C2238C4.jpg (153KB, 590x396px) Image search: [Google]
C2238C4.jpg
153KB, 590x396px
/k/ommiefornian here looking to buy 3 guns
A 22 pistol, a 22 rifle, and a rifle of any other caliber
Right now, what are the cheapest / best guns that fit those descriptions?
Is the mosin still regarded as cheap and good?
>>
>>35157151
The mosin is no longer cheap and was never good.
>>
>>35157151
No shotgun? No centerfire handgun?

I'd suggest checking out Calguns.net, as they'll have more information on the laws, lists of handguns on the roster, etc.
What's your dominant eye?
>>
>>35157519
Haha no shotgun, doesn't appeal to me so much, for some reason
Thanks, I'll check it out.
My right, does it matter so much?
>>
>>35157560
>does it matter
It's a lot easier to train firing with your weak hand than to train firing with your weak eye.
t. Cross-Dominant guy

There are a lot of cool shotgun sports. Trap/Skeet, for instance. They're also required for a lot of the high-speed/low-drag stuff like 3 gun.
>>
>>35157151
1) Ruger SR-22
2) Henry lever-action .22 carbine
3) Mini-14 for SHTF, Savage Axis for hunting or target shooting.
>>
>>35157625
>>35157682
Thanks guys!
Do you recommend buying used guns online? Or is it not worth it since they might be a little too damaged?
>>
Your a citizen of Commifagia, a foreigner nation, so fuck-off
>>
>>35157151
ARpistol, m4gery, m16gery
>>
>>35157846

>.22 Pistol
Browning Buckmark, Ruger Mk. 4, or a Smith & Wesson Victory. All good, which ever tickles your pickle.

>.22 Rifle
Other anon has it right, the .22 Henry is a ton of fun. Stay away from new 10/22's. Other than that, .22 bolts are practical, but a little boring.

> Other Rifle
Thompson Center has 197$ .308 bolt actions right now, after MIR. Other than that, any Modern bolt action that isn't a cheap Chinese knock off should serve you well.

Just make whatever you buy is CA compliant, and remember to have fun.
>>
>>35157151
skip the .22 pistol and buy a pump action shotgun, ruger 10/22, and a handgun of some kind because then you'll actually be able to reload magazines unlike a rifle in CA
>>
>>35157151
browning buckmarks the only worthwhile 22 pistol still on the roster
no mk4 for you
10/22 or marlin 60 or 795 if you want mags
>>
>>35157151
>A 22 pistol
literally just shop for one. ruger, browning, and beretta are the three companies i'd take a look at without going into conversions of centerfire pistols. you might be able to find a 22lr revolver if you're lucky.
>a 22 rifle
semi auto: go for a ruger 10/22, marlin 60 or 955, winchester 190 or 77, mossberg plinkster, or a remington 552. 10/22 has the best market
bolt action: pretty much anything.
>and a rifle of any other caliber
i'd say ar, but you are a califag. go for a bolt gun in 308.
>>
>>35157908
>>35157941
>>35157979
>>35158012
>>35158043
Holy shit thanks everyone
I guess I'll stop by at some stores soon and check out Thompson center!
>>
>>35157941
I would have recommended the Ruger Mk. IV in >>35157682, but it's not on the roster, so no-go, I'm afraid. I want one too, but it's not happening anytime soon.
>>
>>35158251
The problem with buying online is that the FFL/DROS transfer fees in California will add a lot to the price. Sometimes it's worth it, sometimes it isn't. I'd see what's at your LGS before you buy online. What end of the state are you in, anyway?
>>
>>35157625
So... you're cross-dominant for traps?
>>
>>35157682

As an SR-22 owner, I'm not so confident of the little bastard any more. Last time I took it to the range, my take-down lever snapped mid cycle, and sent my whole slide flying downrange.

Shoulda just bought a MK-IV, or a buckmaster. Polymer frame gonna getcha every time.
>>
File: brazil.png (347KB, 686x888px) Image search: [Google]
brazil.png
347KB, 686x888px
>>35157151
Take it slow cowboy. Ever since the restrictions on Russia, Mosins have been pricey. They were never "good" compared to an average modern rifle. just interesting and bulky.

I highly recommend that you take it slow and start off with a .38 S&W revolver. The best beginner gun is a Ruger 10/22 which fits your rifle requirement.

As to rifles of other calibers, CZ is a great company with some occasional qc flaws.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu7EuQr6o4
>>
>>35159295
Middle california, so anything near sac / sf should be ok, if you know any good stores
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.