[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

good carry revolvers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: ruger gp 100.jpg (80KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
ruger gp 100.jpg
80KB, 736x552px
Aside froma .38 snubnose, what are some other revolvers and EDC set ups for them that you use?
Before you say anything, I already have a M&P 9mm and a snubnose for EDC, but I want another practical revolver for the range and occasional carry
>>
File: DSCF0538.jpg (789KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0538.jpg
789KB, 1152x648px
>>35156638
>>
File: RugerRedHawk45C-45ACP1.jpg (26KB, 478x270px) Image search: [Google]
RugerRedHawk45C-45ACP1.jpg
26KB, 478x270px
>>35156638

>personal ghat, check
>nightstand gun, check
>yogi stopper, negative

Innawoods wheel gun is the answer, Anon.

44mag or 45 colt with a 4"ish barrel. Short and STRONK
With a crossdraw holster or shoulder rig. Moist
pic related Ruger Redhawk 45colt/45ACP.

Maybe just a fullsize .357 to pair with your snub?
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
sw 327 8 shots snub nose
>>
>>35156843
.45 colt> .44mag when handloaded or buffalo bore rounds
>>
File: sp101.jpg (865KB, 1545x1031px) Image search: [Google]
sp101.jpg
865KB, 1545x1031px
>>
>>35156638
Model 10 with 4" barrel. With the right grip, it's reasonably concealable and they're absolutely fantastic range toys.
>>
>>35157003
I honestly love the looks of that gun. Is there really a reason to ever use a 2ish inch snubby though now a days? They're thicker than semi auto's and due to the barrel length magnum rounds are probably going to get less FPS than any conventional semiauto round.
>>
>>35157288
(heil'd)

SP101 makes a pretty good pocket gun if you have relatively big pockets. Pretty sure 180gr Buffallo Bore in an SP101 will still get the job done. BB does have really heavy recoil in my SP101 snub though, but still definitely shootable.
>>
>>35156638
Ruger LCR, if you want something to pocket carry.
>>
>>35156953
Truth. That's one of the reasons a 45colt/auto Ruger is so appealing to me.

Would firing a full house 45colt out of a cut cylinder like that ruger 45 result in any case damage?

Should there be any concerns firing rimmed cartridges out of a cylinder cut for moonclips?
I'm most likely being turbotistic about it...just have a weird premonition about those cut cylinders.
>>
>>35157433
no it will be fine, there will be no damage. Rugers are literal tanks.its a huge bonus if you can use .45acp
>>
>>35157379
I got a bulldog most .44spcl ammo doesn't seem to push more than 700fps or so out of a 2.5in. barrel.
I picked up some hollowpoints but I'm not sure the things can even expand going that slow at a transonic speed. From what I've heard of all the hp rounds that 'reliably' expand they always seem to be breaking the sound barrier.

I kind of got it for winter carry when bulkier clothes are common figured it'd be less likely to freeze if it gets below zero outside but now I'm not so sure since it has more moving parts that a semi.
>>
>>35157483
Don't worry about velocity. Shoot Buffalo Bore out of a snub and both you and your target will be blind and deaf.
>>
>>35157003
This. Probably my sexist gun I own. It's heavy but 38 hollow points for EDC and .357 bear loads for walking in the woods. Versatile and sexy. Like, sexy to the point of I want to carry its babies in my man womb
>>
>>35157508
I was avoiding buffalo bore since it's recommended against with bulldogs. Got some of those polymer plugged ones that are suppose to help with expansion. Under a buck a round too, pretty nice for a .44spcl.
>>
>>35157706
Yeah, I'm not sure I would trust BB in a Charter Arms, especially in 44mag. No problems with crimp jump or anything else in my ruger snub though.
>>
>>35157748
I'm pretty sure the +p .44 stuff is way below magnum speeds. The cylinder on the thing is built like a tank I don't worry about that too much. Got a little bit of play in the lock up I think it's the rachet locks on the cylinder timing are built with looser tolerance. The bottom lock that pops up and causes turn lines is really solid though.
Don't want to play around with too hot of rounds very often in it until I can get a second .44 spcl gun if I ever have to send it back to the factory.
>>
Chris Baker from Luckygunner has a lot of info on your exact question, OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e35uPk8tfxU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HnzHPLTRZg
>>
Hey revolverfags, this BB ammo any good for a snub?

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=111

Underwood makes a similar load too.
>>
>>35157450
>no it will be fine, there will be no damage. Rugers are literal tanks
I was more concerned about case deformation than the cylinder or gun itself.

I saw a video where some old timer was complaining he was getting marks on his 45 colt cases he fired out his 45 colt/ACP cylinder. The 45colt case was getting a semi circular mark from the recessed edge for the moon clip. He was afraid to reload them. I was curious if anyone heard of rimmed cases being damaged like this or unusable after being used in a cylinder cut for moonclips?

Can't seem to find the video but the marks looked like only a surface scratch to me, but what do I know.
>>
>>35156860
Is that a trr8? Did it come with the top rail you can attach for attaching a sight?
>>
File: Ruger Redhawk 45colt45acp.jpg (212KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger Redhawk 45colt45acp.jpg
212KB, 1600x1200px
>>35158071

The rim of the .45Colt sits in the recess where the moonclip supports the .45ACP. The .45 Colt case is fully supported.
>>
File: cylindercutdetail.jpg (306KB, 571x615px) Image search: [Google]
cylindercutdetail.jpg
306KB, 571x615px
>>35158134
Really? Thought the moonclip sat in the recess, raising the rimless case up to to where a standard rimmed case would sit.

and a rimmed case would sit on the what was left of the original cylinder face.
>>
>>35157426
Would it be retarded to buy one of these in 22 WMR?
>>
>>35156638
Anyone know of revolvers or other guns with this matte finish? Love that stuff
>>
>>35156764
>>35156764

My nigga
>>
>>35158615
Yes, since .22 Magnum is best out of a rifle
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.