[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: magpul_masada_16fde.jpg (92KB, 800x336px) Image search: [Google]
magpul_masada_16fde.jpg
92KB, 800x336px
>>
>>35152407
Magpul gave up.
>>
File: 10662_6010913515.jpg (32KB, 529x357px) Image search: [Google]
10662_6010913515.jpg
32KB, 529x357px
>>35152430
Seems to be a common occurrence over at Magpul.
>>
>>35152407
Magpul is a worthless company with no talent. When faced with a difficult project they try to pawn it off to a big boy, regardless of their strong capital reserves.
>>
File: Magpul Military Industrues.jpg (126KB, 1105x684px) Image search: [Google]
Magpul Military Industrues.jpg
126KB, 1105x684px
>>35152407
>>
>>35152407
Cerberus Group
>>
>>35152486
its not that they gave up, theyre not really a firearms manufacturer

they didnt have the manufacturing to fully produce firearms and have them actually available to the market in a reasonable number, so they sold the ideas that were actually feasable and made money without having to invest further

i really wish the Magpul PDR had been successful, thought that was neat, but nobody picked it up unfortunately
>>
>>35152494
dont bully magpul
they have some stuff thats okay
>>
>>35152681
No, they are an injection molding company that advertises well.

Tapco is magpul sans advertising capabilities.
>>
>>35152692
I said no bully
the k2 grip is good, their mags are good and m-lok is good
>>
>>35152692
magpul is a lot higher quality that tapco for just slightly more money
>>
>>35152407
What went right is a more appropriate question; the rifle does literally nothing better than other already well established raifus.
>>
>>35154677
No, magpul has a lot more desirable brands.
If I hand you an identical piece of plastic made by magpul and tapco you are not going to be able to tell them apart
>>
>>35154782
>if two companies used the same machines and molds and practices you wouldn't be able to tell the two apart
NO WAY!
Next you'll probably tell me Tapco uses the exact machines as Magpul!
>>
>>35152407
It was pretty modular for its time. Unfortunately, they dragged their feet in production, all the different calibers and parts never came, and when it was first sold, msrp was way too high. This was also right around the time the AR aftermarket was really gaining traction. The acr was a great concept but the execution was its execution.
>>
Expensive
Heavy
Few aftermarket options
Hard to find parts
Not appreciably better than an AR

Probably rather have a XCR if I'm going to get an expensive weirdo 5.56 semi-auto.
>>
So why is the ACR shit again?
>>
>>35152407
1/9 non chrome lined barrel
>>
>>35152407
what went wrong is
you purchased that thing at toys R us..

http://www.armslist.com/inside?utm_source=c000032&utm_medium=plink&utm_campaign=p394691

http://www.armslist.com/contests?utm_source=c000032&utm_medium=plink&utm_campaign=p394691

http://www.armslist.com/blog/gear?utm_source=c000032&utm_medium=plink&utm_campaign=p394691
>>
>>35152407
>that awkward moment when the Russians out do American gun "industry" yet again
https://youtu.be/LU8Iiwx7JSI
>>
If they made this in 300 memeout it might be cool as an SBR.
>>
>>35158960
Made promises to deliver a modular system, failed to deliver any while stringing buyers along and failing to meet any pricing targets. They tried to have Remington and Bushmaster make it and they failed like you would expext.
>>
>>35159191
To be fair lots of gun manufacturers do that.
>>
Magpul promised a shitload to consumers without any idea what manufacturing it would really be like. Because they're not a firearms manufacturer.

Bushmaster did some dumb shit too (conversion kits) but Magpul is to blame for the sticker shock people still haven't gotten over.
>>
magpul is a great company. tapco makes good stuff too, their tools in particular, but magpul is the best.
>>
>>35152407

They screwed the pooch when it came to licensing out the design. S&W and to a lesser extent Ruger would've been a better fit to the basic idea behind the Masada even if it meant they'd probably neuter the hell out of it.
>>
>>35158963
They supposedly make a 1:7 version, but I can't find them for sale online. Does it really matter for the civilian shooter, though? Most people just shoot cheap Wolf ammo.
>>
>>35159073
>50 rubles have been deposited to your account, Tovarishch
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.