[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sphinx Pistols

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

are Sphinx Pistols worth the money? $1000 for a pistol is a lot for me to drop at once. But I want a carry pistol that is high quality and reliable.
>>
>>35150727
Damn that looks nice
Just get a glock or an fn niga
>>
>>35150727
Give us a list of things you want in a carry pistol.
>>
>>35150727
Just get a cz p01. Maybe spend $100 of the $400 you saved on cajun gun works parts.
>>
They're really nice, kind of a posh P-07. However, for $1000 Sphinx should offer more. The finish shows signs of wear early, the trigger is just adequate, accuracy and recoil is comparable to the P-07, the grip is comfy, but nothing that hasn't been done before.
>>
File: 7rit0Us (1).jpg (593KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
7rit0Us (1).jpg
593KB, 2448x3264px
>>35150739
my current carry is an FNS-9c
>>
File: 1478738104209.jpg (9KB, 220x230px) Image search: [Google]
1478738104209.jpg
9KB, 220x230px
>>35150741
ergonomic, prefer 9mm, reliable, DA/SA, prefer a decocker over manual safety, prefer a double stack, and not too small...
>>
>>35150848
I would recommend the decocker only P30 within those criteria. The LEM one is a good choice as well. A Beretta 92g is also a great pistol.
>>
>>35150727
Yes, they are very high quality, very accurate, and smooth-shooting Swiss-made pistols, from the ones I've shot.

However! You should look into how available parts are for them. The problem with smaller market guns is your broken spring replacement might be half a year away, at which point you have a paperweight and no carry gun.
>>
>>35150727
>But I want a carry pistol that is high quality and reliable.

You're not going to get that out of a Sphinx, especially their subcompacts that are unreliable from an engineering standpoint.
>>
>>35150848
CZ p07, cz p01, sig p2022, sig p229, beretta 92 compact with g conversion
>>
>>35150727
What's up with triggers that have that curve to them?
>>
>>35151235
can you elaborate?
>>
>>35150727
Either get a P30SK or P2000.
>>
>>35150727
>>35151085
>>35151235
You guys need to keep in mind the sdp os different from the old sphinx pistols. It's mass produced so not as good, what gave sphinx its reputation was how their guns were made. So op in this case for carry you were probably looking at the sdp which im sad to say is not the sphinx you would lile to claim it is when you speak about it or even look at it. Think about it like sig actual swiss guns and sig usa made shit.
>>
Does Cajun Gun Works work on CZ clones like Sphinx/Tangafolio?
>>
>>35151836
This.

As someone who regularly crosses the Atlantic I find it very funny how "Made In USA" either means "automatically good, I want this" or "this is going to break down and standard parts won't work" depending on location.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.