[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serbian SKS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: sks.png (517KB, 1610x726px) Image search: [Google]
sks.png
517KB, 1610x726px
Hey /k/, i'm new to this board but I have been interested in guns for a long time. Soon I want to save up for a long rifle that is C&R eligible. Is the SKS a good starting rifle? Also is a $400-500 a good price? Any help is appreciated
>>
>>35146963
Also the rifle in the image is $430
>>
>>35146963
Yes they are pretty nice. Easy to shoot and maintain. Ammo isn't too expensive or ass-kicking in the recoil department.

They used to be much cheaper but $400 is as well as you can do nowadays. Try checking local shops for used Chinese or Sino-Soviet examples. You can sometimes find one for $300 or even $200 if you're lucky.
>>
>>35146963
SKS rifles are pretty damn good and currently the cheapest semi auto 7.62x39 you can get. If you want one I'd recommend getting it, be sure to check all your LGS though as they may end up having a better deal.
>>
>>35146963
>is the SKS a good starting rifle?
its fine
>Also is a $400-500 a good price?
not really but its what your going to pay at this time if you want one
now that basic bitch ars are 400-500 theres no point in buying an sks unless you really want an sks specifically
>>
>>35146996
thanks, i appreciate the help. I guess i have to explore more to see if i can find a cheaper version, if not ill buy it online
>>
Eeesh. And here we're complaining that Russian SKS's are going for 250 CAD.
>>
>>35147017
yeah there are a lot of cheap ars but I enjoy historic weaponry more. Also the bonus of semi auto fire made me interested
>>
I bought a yugo in store for 490, figured it would be the same if i bought it online to pay for shipping/transfer fee, did i do bad? Its a little dinged up and got some black spots on the metal.
>>
>>35147054
Yeah kinda, most Yugo's around me go for ~$400
>>
>>35146963

>buying from Sweaty Ben, Master of "I make no guarantees"

Go check on Gunbroker instead.
>>
>>35147079
just checked, they have some good prices for the chinese and yugo models
>>
>>35147108

Disregard Yugo, acquire Ching Chong Blaster.

>Yugo has no chrome lining, Chinese does
>Yugo has heavy useless shit attached, Chinese doesn't
>Yugo has a gas tube switch that jams from fouling, Chinese doesn't
>Yugo has expensive proprietary bayonets, Chinese doesn't (and has "guaranteed to kill you" cruciform style)
>>
>>35147130
lol thanks for the reasons to not get a yugo. im gonna do more research at my local gun stores but and see if i can find one for a better price in good condition
>>
>>35147078
RIP, it was the only place near me.
>>
>>35147035
If you do you're also supporting local businesses. That is as long as they're worth supporting.

Look for fusty fudd/pawn shops. They're kinda hard to read at first but tend to go one of two ways. Either everything is in shit condition and massively overpriced, with condescending shitty service or they're super nice and have some good deals. Selection will vary, but there are a lot of used SKS rifles floating around. Sadly the stores with the most expansive and varied selection tend to have the highest prices and shittiest service (otherwise people would buy up all their stuff). You'll find exceptions though. Shop around and you'll see which places are worth your buck.
>>
>>35147049
Porque no los dos?
A retro AR meets both.
>>
>>35147010
>currently the cheapest semi auto 7.62x39 you can get

Yeah by like 50 bucks

https://www.preppergunshop.com/cent-arms-n-pap-ak47-762x39-16-30rd/

Literally no reason to get SKS over NPAP
>>
File: 93403_1.jpg (12KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
93403_1.jpg
12KB, 480x480px
>>35146963
SKSs are overpriced now. But if you specifically want one, go for it. However, for $150-200 more you can get a WASR 10 AK. Probably a better value overall for the money. Just keep that in mind.
>>
>>35146963
You should go for it, the one I got from Classic Firearms was immaculate outside of being slathered in cosmoline.

People will argue to get something else but they are fun fun fun guns. Just loading the damn thing is fun.
>>
>>35147936
I like A1s but at the end of the day you have a dolled-up modern rifle masquerading as something it isn't. An SKS is a historical artifact.
>>
File: 018.png.jpg (109KB, 723x665px) Image search: [Google]
018.png.jpg
109KB, 723x665px
>>35147970
>Century Arms
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>35147970
Ill take the sks over a century abortion that might last 1000 rounds or be a single shot.
>>
>>35149275
>>35149229
Ah the classic /k/ autism

I'm 33000 rounds in, and its still going strong so I'm failing to see your point. The NPAP survived AKOUs 5k test

https://youtu.be/yvAz185Z6-I
>>
>>35146963
>tfw trying to sell two Yugos for $350 each locally and no bites
I bet if I brought these to a gun show they'd sell in a heartbeat at $400.
>>
>>35149445
>>35147970

is that better than this? https://www.leearmory.com/product/romanian-bfpu-ak-47-7-62x39-rifle/
>>
>>35149786
Yes.
But the WASR is better than both.
That Romanian has a shitty US barrel and a shitty US receiver.

At least the N-PAP is real Serbian, even without the chrome lined barrel.
>>
>>35149786
>Items are Battlefield Pickup, expect finish wear and well.. Battlefield!

Get the npap. Spend the difference on getting better furniture
>>
>>35149841
Chrome barrel is irrelevant if you don't shoot corrosive. Also enjoy the canted WASR sights
>>
>>35149860
>Chrome barrel is irrelevant if you don't shoot corrosive. Also enjoy the canted WASR sights
They've also got longer life expectancy when burning through mags, bump firing, rapid firing, etc...

If you look at battlefield Vegas's round-count testing you'll see that WASRs usually live quite a bit longer than NPAPs on average.
>>
>>35149886
So... Maybe... Don't treat your raifu like shit?
>>
>>35149906
Sure, but $100 extra to be able to treat your rifle like dogshit isn't too much of a burden.
>>
>>35149912
If you try and take care of it it'll last ad eternum

t. 33k and counting
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.