[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sig Sauer MPX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: mpx.png (42KB, 778x272px) Image search: [Google]
mpx.png
42KB, 778x272px
Im about to buy an MPX 8''.
Tell me why I shouldn't/ what else I could buy.
Will cost me around 2500$ (switzerland), its the sbr version.
>>
Because you can buy 2 cheap af prebuilt/ OEM AR-9s and install a DFA Modified cycle system, gas piston system, and any length of 9mm barrel for the price of one of these overpriced HK knockoffs.
>>
>>35146937
Can you get a pistol brace version or is that still considered SBR?
>>
>>35147099
I live in switzerland, its hard to get an ar-9, let alone special parts for it.
>>
>>35147119
Why would I get a brace if I can get a full stock?
Its legal here in switzerland, no need for paperwork.
>>
Because you could get an MP5 or Uzi instead.
>>
>>35147281
I looked at the sp5k at my gun store, its the official one from HK, costs 2800$ and is generally worse than the mpx. Also mpx == 11.5cm barrel, whilethe mpx has 20.0cm
>>
>>35147327
*mpx 20cm, sp5k 11.5cm
>>
>>35147262
>confusing the UK with Switzerland
Hell, even britbong gun shops have dozens of different kinds of (straightpull) ARs and yet Shekeltzland, the most gun toting country in mainland europe, doesnt? You probably live in one of kraut cantons dying for a chance to suck HK's proprietary muzzle flash suppressors cuz it looked cool on COD too
>>
>>35146937
It's a good rifle.There was some issues with the the charging handle, which they replaced.
>>
>>35147533
Yeah forgot to mention its the gen 2
>>
>>35147453
Not saying there aren't any ar-15/parts, its just that if I get all the special parts I need and the rifles themselves ill be way over 2500$ and its one huge pain, something like an mpx I can just take to the range as is without any effort of getting parts from the other side of the country.
>>
>>35147608
>$780 Adam Arms PDW upper receiver
>$319 CMMG OEM carbine lower
>$125 10.5"/ $115 8" 9mm barrel
>$470 9mm DFA buffer system
>$1700 total
>with spare parts, build another, definitely cheaper AR-9 from scratch
Don't push me nofunz, I have a minor in finance
>>
>>35147327
If you don't like the SP5K I'd get the MPX.
>>
>>35147865
He's a European genius, this shit ain't cheap for them
>>
>>35147099
>Because you can buy 2 cheap af prebuilt/ OEM AR-9s and install a... gas piston system
That's not how AR-15s in 9mm work you fucktard.
>>
>>35148238
>$2000 for the most versatile platform on the planet and spare parts aka Linux PC < $2500 gimmick Mac
Hey, if he wants to flush money down the toilet he can buy my suggestion and send the rest of the money to me in BTC
>>
>>35146937
Do these have a good reputation in Switzerland? The US-made ones have already had problems IIRC.
>>
>>35148391
>b-BUT MUH AR
>YOU GOTTA HAVE AN AR
>AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR
The AR is shit when compared to other options if you want something in 9mm.
>>
File: d52.jpg (8KB, 231x244px) Image search: [Google]
d52.jpg
8KB, 231x244px
>>35148367
While some do use gas systems, most are blowback but for all intents and purposes, I'll hand it to you: it's even CHEAPER than what I originally anticipated. Thanks desu for reaffirming my point even more!
>>
File: 7bf.jpg (33KB, 600x621px) Image search: [Google]
7bf.jpg
33KB, 600x621px
>>35148426
>Linux users dont have full furnished computer manufacturers that have partnered with the OS's developers to have Linux pre-installed with their proprietary hardware. Hurr, Linuxfags on suicide watch!
I bet you bundle your cable, internet, home phone, and cell phone service too
>>
>>35148515
>but it's cheaper
If you were in a country where it was significantly harder to acquire guns, why would you want to settle for a blowback 9mm rifle that was originally made as an afterthought that Colt could use their name to push on police departments who wanted subguns, as opposed to something that was originally designed to fire 9mm and gas operated for smoother recoil?

>>35148581
>hur but Linux
If we were comparing this example to Linux, then a suitable gas operated 9mm AR would have been brought up instead of a straight blowback one Colt came up with as an afterthought.
>>
File: 1502388372438.jpg (29KB, 480x342px) Image search: [Google]
1502388372438.jpg
29KB, 480x342px
>>35148672
>b-b-but don't let ebil Colt capitalize on their ideas and innovation!
>Companies that have products that are versatile and widely compatible at an affordable price are the devil, goys!
I bet youre an iphone poster too
>>
>>35148745
>b-but it's versatile
It's one of the worst options you could choose if you wanted a rifle in 9mm. Why get something thrown together as an afterthought when you can get options with delayed blowback or gas operated actions that result in smoother recoil, or grip inserted magazines which gives you a more compact gun?
>>
>>35148831
>delayed blowback
>gas operated actions that result in smoother recoil
>grip inserted magazines
All as subjective as wanting a versatile platform overall and none of which are game changing features as the breakthrough of Stoner's design nor will they ever be more than a gimmick. Additionally, "muh afterthought" AR is cheaper. Period. Also, less likelihood of double fire malfunctions :^)
>>
>>35146937
My brother has an sbr'd one with the folding stock and I've shot it on a handful of range trips. I'm generally pretty hot on it and would like one myself but I have a couple of criticisms:
>The pad on the folding stock is weirdly narrow and kind of uncomfortable.
>The trigger is stiffer/heavier than you'd expect.
>The charging handle is too small and when you charge it, it goes back what feels like almost far enough before hitting a wall that you have to overcome to actually pull it back far enough to actually chamber a round.

I do however like the other controls and the magazines seem to work well enough but allegedly there are gen 1 mags and gen 2 mags and they aren't interchangeable which is something to look into when buying.
>>
>>35146937
I have one love the gun
>>
File: bt-apc9.jpg (678KB, 3375x2250px) Image search: [Google]
bt-apc9.jpg
678KB, 3375x2250px
>>35146937
Why don't you buy a B&T if you live in Switzerland?
>>
File: 1499953587137.jpg (72KB, 940x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499953587137.jpg
72KB, 940x1024px
>>35149057
>having a smaller, lighter, and more controllable gun is subjective
Sure, why have something small and light enough to be concealable when you can have something shoehorned into the AR platform as an afterthought?
>>
>>35149418
OP is inquiring about a fore action 9mm carbine. If he wanted a grip action or bullpup pistol, he would've just been bitching about MACs or UZIs and I would've saged the fuck outta this thread a long time ago.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.