[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Top attachments, sights and/or things to know?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

File: fuck yeah.jpg (212KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
fuck yeah.jpg
212KB, 768x1024px
Top attachments, sights and/or things to know?
>>
Buy extra mags and ammo. Watch how you grip it because you may inadvertently release the slide causing it not to lock back after the final round
>>
>>35145717
umbrella so rain drops dont brick your gun
>>
>>35145717
Those are usually things you research before buying a gun you fucking dumbass.
>>
>>35146572
https://youtu.be/eJr453erCAc
>>
>>35145717
RMR and X300U.
>>
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-VP9-VP9-Tactical-c367.htm

You want parts, look here, then see if you can find em cheaper on another site.
>>
>>35145717
Trijicon HD sights.
>>
>>35147356
But they don't cowitness when you more importantly need an RMR.
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 640x640px
>>35147523
Stop LARPing. If you insist on being a pretend operator then buy a DBAL PL for it and still use iron sights.
>>
>>35147624
>If you use a red dot on a firearm you are larping
>just use a laser!
1998 posted on their BBS forum and they want their fuddlore back.
>>
>>35147647
Stop making false equivalences. I have no problem with a red dot on a firearm. A red dot on a conceal carry gun is retarded though. The only reason you recommend one is because "operators" use them, same as the X300U
>>
>>35148036

>>35147647 is right though. That's fucking retarded. Get the RMR instead.
>>
>>35148036
>A red dot on a conceal carry gun is retarded though.
>suggests Trijicon HD's which are less precise than regular sights and still pretty slow

I actually conceal carry an RMR'ed glock. First, OP didn't even stipulate it was for CC. There's zero downside since I also have suppressor height sights for co-witness. I can be more accurate, focus on the target better, and have faster, more accurate, follow up shots. It doesn't print, interfere, or cause any additional discomfort. In the same way the Trijicon HD sights (which I used to own) are designed to aid for racking the slide, the RMR is even more suited to that as well. The RMR does everything better.

I suggested the X300U since it has 600 lumens and has a nice switch and readily available holster options should OP want that, too. Any other good light is also acceptable, but hard to top the X300U overall.
>>
File: 20170912_163725.jpg (599KB, 810x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170912_163725.jpg
599KB, 810x1440px
>>35145717
Before Roland Specials became the fashion du jour, 10-8 U-notch rears and Dawson FO fronts were the bees knees.
>>
>>35148316
But anon, you need the RMR to engage a hostage taker at 56 meters on your way from work to the car. Don't you know?
>>
>>35148358
I shoot PPC with some regularity with that gun, so I know I'd hit the hostage taker. I'd also hit the hostage, but, fuck it, their fault for getting taken.
>>
>>35148316
>Before Roland Specials became the fashion du jour
Anon they are not now nor have they ever been.
>>
>>35148427
I'm just memeing. All the RMR fags think you need a match gun to shoot someone 3 meters away in a parking lot.
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 1000x1000px
>>35145717
Gut one of these and a comp m4 and surefire m952.
>>
>>35146578
It was purchased for me, thanks for your concern though

>>35147041
Thank you I don't know any sources of these things

I'm seriously considering going with a red dot sight, this gun is for home defense and I can't get my video game playing girlfriend to practice but I feel like the red dot would provide her with a usable point of aim for a novice in a worst case scenario.
>>
>>35149186
What about a Crimson Trace laser?
>>
>>35149200
that's a good question. why do I feel like for some reason that laser sights are lame and red dot optics aren't? I guess I have a perception that the laser is more of a gimmick and prone to be off calibration etc
>>
>>35149025
fuck that just get a sight pusher and a dovetail mount at that point, shit takes like 15min and doesnt have a retard sight offset
>>
>>35149218
You didn't play enough Metal Gear as a kid.
>>
File: 1503085430128.jpg (38KB, 600x518px) Image search: [Google]
1503085430128.jpg
38KB, 600x518px
>>35145717
Take your money and get some good training for you and your girl. Then you will start to know what you actually want and what you don't. And she will be more comfortable and competent in her weapons handling and defending herself. That will help her a thousand times more than any sight or attachment. That being said, all home defense weapons should have a good LIGHT mounted to them, or at least a very good hand held light nearby, but this requires training to use effectively. Relying on lasers and other things is a recipe for disaster. Self defense encounters are not decided by the things you are talking about very often. Just my two cents.
>>
>>35149541
This +get a head light.
>>
>>35148607
>You should get these sights since they will improve the sighting picture compared to the stock option.
>Bah! An RDS on your glock is just too much, you don't need it for 3 meter reflexive fire! Nobody needs to shoot past that.

So what is it? Do you need a good sighting system for your handgun or not? An RMR won't be any worse for those situations anyways, plus you could use your carry piece for more accurate shooting should you want to.
>>
>>35149587
I posted the 10-8/DP combo. Honestly, I think the stock sights are perfectly serviceable at normal handgun distances (5-15 metres). I normally shoot 25-50 metres, so I wanted a narrower front sight and rear notch.
>>
>>35149587
You want him to send as much on over the top bullshit as it would take to buy an AR and a head light.
>>
>>35149633
Those do look like nice iron sights for target shooting. I've just had the stock glock and Trijicon HD (and now ameriglo suppressor height all black irons on my glock as a BUIS). The Trijicons were nice for quick follow up shots but were lousier for accuracy because their rear notch was quite wide. All the other pistols I have still have their stock sights.

>>35149647
>it costs a lot waah
Sure sucks being a poorfag. OP clearly asked for top attachments, sights, and things to know. I happened to recommend the best options. Secondly, even the cost of the accessories will still be much cheaper than the cost ammo in becoming proficient. Third there are cheaper comparable options like the deltapoint pro and streamlight.
>>
>>35149733
>I happen to recommend the best options.
For shooting bowling pins at an outdoor range, sure. OP may go and put enough rounds down the range to be proficient, but I doubt his girlfriend will. Seeing a laser on target will give her way more confidence than a laser she doesn't know how to turn on. I'm still going to recommend a Crimson Trace laser with a pressure pad.
>>
>>35149848
>For shooting bowling pins at an outdoor range, sure.
If an RMR can be faster and more accurate than iron sights why does this preclude it from EDC on a compact size gun like the VP9? I CC my G19 with my RMR without any issues - not even any additional discomfort.

>than a laser she doesn't know how to turn on
>RMR
>laser
>turn off
Confirmed for never using them. You don't turn an RMR off. Lasers can also get washed out in bright light, whereas an RMR works even in the brightest conditions. There's no thinking about it just look at your target, point the gun, where the RMR's dot appears is where the shot will go just like the laser except that it's even more visible and easier to distinguish point of aim than a crimson trace.
>>
>>35149986
OP here, see this is my thinking, I feel especially for someone who plays a lot of video games too, she will udnerstand the idea of aiming with a "controller", using a laser sight is more like aiming with a fishing rod...
>>
>>35150140
Having used both pistol lasers are harder to see. It's the same concept for aiming with both since the dot for each is projected in in the same focal plane as the target. You just tell her in either case to focus on the target and put the dot over it and pull the trigger. The RMR has better brightness and contrast compared to a crimson trace and thus a proper sight picture can be acquired faster and under more conditions with the RMR than the crimson trace. The crimson trace will be projected at multiple distances since it will go short and beyond the target when aiming, while the RMR will have the same size, brightness, and contrast no matter what it's being pointed at.

There's a reason competitive shooters choose to use red dots on hanguns and rifles instead of just using lasers. They're easier, faster, and more reliable to use. In fact the only time lasers have any serious use is when using NVGs since the lasers have much better contrast under very specific conditions and are thus faster and easier to use compared to a red dot sight.
>>
>>35145717
trade it for a p30L
>>
>>35150262
i dont want a hammer fired gun my girls afraid of them
>>
>>35150328
wew. might aswell tell us why
>>
>>35150339
? i'm not going to have her use something she's less comfortable with or afraid of, it's counterproductive. it's less complicated to use the vp9 and the charging grip is important for her
>>
>>35149633
Can you expand on good glock sights? I need to replace mine, still using the stock sights and I hate them
>>
>>35150561
Was only able to snap a potato pic, but these are the HDs.
>>
>>35150644
I'm about to pull the trigger on:

https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-glock-standard-fiber-optic-front-sights/

+

http://www.10-8performance.com/glock-rear-sight/

Just not sure about the width, heights. I've got a Gen3 glock 17.
>>
File: image.jpg (777KB, 2643x2961px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
777KB, 2643x2961px
>>35150644
>>35150662
Forgot pic lol.
Get what you like the most, there is no best.
>>
>>35150691
Do you know the specifics of those?
>>
>>35150742
http://shop.opticsplanet.com/trijicon-bright-tough-h-k-45-3-dot-front-rear-night-sight-set.html?_iv_code=TJ-AP-HK11NST-HK110O&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=plusbox-beta&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1pbAraCh1gIVwmSGCh3PRwq-EAQYASABEgKQQPD_BwE
These are the ones in the picture. I don't know anything about the ones in your links.
>>
File: color-combination-trijicon.png (27KB, 561x287px) Image search: [Google]
color-combination-trijicon.png
27KB, 561x287px
>>35150561
Depends on what you want. A blacked-out rear and FO front, like my setup, is really good for day shooting under almost every condition, and night shooting with a light.

If you think you're going to be doing something like CC at night, without a light, maybe tritium sights like Heinie or Trijicon might be better. Heinie are easy to line up, one dot on top of another. What might be helpful is to make sure the front and rear dots are difficult colours if you choose to go for a three dot setup like Ameriglo, Trijicon, Dawson, Warren, Meprolight, or whatever offer. The idea is it makes it easier to distinguish under stress which are the rear dots, and which is the front, so you don't end up in a situation where you're shooting with the front sight to the far right or left of the rears.

Sets are good. If you buy individual fronts and rears, it's better to buy the rear, and shoot it to see where it prints with the stock front, then buy the suitable height of front sight. Dawson Precision has a calculator for that.

Do your research, there's a lot of information and pictures by customers of what particular front sight widths and rear sight widths look like in sight picture. Good luck.
>>
>>35151016
>front and rear dots are difficult colours
Sorry, I meant DIFFERENT colours.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.