[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AFG vs Handstop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

What are everyone's thoughts on hand stop vs AFG?
>>
>>35144984
If it looks stupid and puts rounds in the 10 ring, it isn't stupid.

Whatever is better for the shooter
>>
>>35144984
If he cheek welds any harder he's going to fuse into the gun.
>>
>>35144984
Just a way for fagpul and other companies to charge $35+ for a shitty piece of injection-molded plastic.
>>
>>35145051
Better than $60 for a shitty piece of aluminum that does the exact same job
>>
Bump for interest
>>
Only perk of an afg is you can put it on a pistol and it won't become an AOW. In all other scenenarios, a vfg or handstop is superior.
>>
>>35145294
Then why not just put the handstop on a pistol if it's superior?
>>
>>35145308
You're right, afg is all around shit
>>
VFG uber alles. Works as a handle, a handstop and a barricade brace.
>>
>>35145294
Make pistol with a brace and greater than 26" OAL. Now it's a "firearm". VFG approved.
>>
>>35145378
Not to mention a monopod. The VFGs with the pop-out bipods suck though.
>>
use vert grip as handstop
as others have said afgs are best for AR "pistols"
>>
>>35145378
this
>>
Personally I hate both, especially the handstop. I use stubby foregrips.
>>
File: 1497403262285.jpg (30KB, 432x648px) Image search: [Google]
1497403262285.jpg
30KB, 432x648px
>>35145279
Same.
>>
>>35145308
Exactly! You don't need to care about law dodging. Just do whatever you want with whatever you want and don't settle for less
>>
File: acab.png (403KB, 334x750px) Image search: [Google]
acab.png
403KB, 334x750px
>>35145353
Shhh, friendo. You're not being subtle enough
>>
>>35145753
What moved you to stubby foregrips? I don't see many people running them.
>>
>>35145398
While this is clever, and I am all for making the ATF feel stupid at every possible turn, I feel like this defeats the point of the pistol classification.
You can choose:

An AR15 30" in length, standard stock and VFG

A SBR Mk18 clone with standard stock, short barrel, VFG, OAL of 24", and legal paperwork

A pistol with a faux stock, VFG and is greater than 26" in length

OR

a "pistol" with a "brace", AFG, and OAL of 24"

To me, the "pistol" option gets me damn close to an SBR, legally, without the legal issues. The other options don't come as close and probably won't be as accurate as a "pistol" that I'm shouldering.
>>
Forward grips on semi auto rifles is pointless. It hurts accuracy
>>
Both are negligible amounts of weight on the ends of your rifle that let you pull it into your shoulder better.

I personally have a handstop kit on one of my VZ 58 that has a Magpul Zhukov handguard on it and I really like it. Going to get an AFG some time and see if I like it more.

Stubby grips are pretty good on really short guns with the thumb break method, but something about it feels weird when I use them on longer forends. Using foregrips with the donkey dong grip is alright on really short guns, but past a 7" barrel or so you can really feel why it's a bad idea.
>>
>>35147125
I wouldn't say they hurt accuracy, if used correctly they can help just like handstops and other grips. The issue is that people don't know how to use them and like to hold them full on when they don't have shit on the rails which defeats the purpose.
>>
>>35147125
Also people aren't shooting full auto which further makes a full VFG with nothing on the rails pointless.
>>
File: 100_2309.jpg (603KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
100_2309.jpg
603KB, 2048x1536px
>>35147037

11.5"bbl....28" OAL
>>
>>35145051
This. It gives retarded hipsters the idea they are improving on something when the money would be better spent on more ammo.
>>
>>35144984
They're both pretty stupid, just grab the handgaurd.
>>
>>35147037
my 16" rifle measures 35" with the stock on the second shortest hole...
>>
>>35148108
Well, gripping it at that angle allows you to relax your wrist. It's a lot more comfortable for me than just C-clamping the handguard. However, I don't use the AFG.
>Fagpul AFG = $35
>BCM stubby foregrip with storage compartment = $18
There's no reason to waste money on the AFG unless you're really worried about the ATF kicking down your door over your AR pistol not having the right doodads stuck on it.
>>
>>35145864
Hand stops aren't vfgs
>>
>>35144984
I bought an AFG for one of my rifles, but I stopped using it. I like grabbing bare handguard more. I don't use a hand stop, either, because I just hook my index finger onto the front of the handguard when doing hard-charging, C-clamp shooting.
>>
>>35146829
Not that guy but I use a stubby too. I find it the most comfortable and versatile. I can use it to mount a pressure switch like I did on my M4 use it as a hand stop and use it as a barracade brace.
>>
File: c7a2-automatic-rifle-m.jpg (74KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
c7a2-automatic-rifle-m.jpg
74KB, 700x350px
Just grip the magwell you consumerist cucks.
>>
>>35149135

>Not being able to shoot with either a grip near handstop (and light) or magwell depending on situation
>Laughingburgerfats.jpg
>>
>>35149283
>depending on situation
just use the magwell all the time. there is literally nothing wrong with it and you dont have to buy any extra parts like "AFGs" or "VFGs" or "Hand Stops" or "Barrel Shrouds" or even "Shoulder things that go up"
>>
What are /k/ls thoughts on a perpendicular forgrip?
>>
>>35149135
>>35149312
>having a giant ribbed handguard for no reason other than looking like a giant condom on your rifle
>>
>>35149312

No, because I want to actually have a flashlight mounted in a useful position and not have to deal with those fucking remote cables.
>>
>>35145294
>Anonymous
This fag knows what he's talking about.
>>
>>35149459
>I want to actually have a flashlight mounted in a useful position
???
>>
>>35148738
I didn't say c clamp, just grab the handgaurd like a normal person.
>>
>>35149503
on an AR (with le milspec furniture) how DO you grab it like a normal person?

it's too big to be comfy and being actually round instead of oval or triangular or even at least rectangular shape makes it horribly unergonomic and my hands start to hurt basically immediately
>>
>>35149135
that terrible, terrible tacvest. F.
>>
>>35149503
Do you mean cupping the handguard from the bottom? That still puts more stress on your wrist than using a short foregrip as a handstop.
>>
>>35149531
it's MIL SPEC
>>
>>35149549
It's the worst piece of kit the CAF has.
>>
>>35149319
i feel like youre baiting but im positive ive seen that before and it struck me as very advanced mallninjaery
>>
>>35149526
Like you would grab a normal rifle like a model 70 or 94. If the handgaurd is too big for you then it's fine to figure something else out and buy a grip or something. I just don't like putting shit on a rifle just to have it on a rifle.
>>35149545
Yes.
>>
>>35149561
>CAF
kys yankee you dont even know what its actually called, it hasnt been the CAF in literally like 40 years

also the worst piece of kit are the boxed lunches
>>
File: WP_20170422_001[2].jpg (1MB, 1728x2428px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170422_001[2].jpg
1MB, 1728x2428px
AFG is a fucking meme that sunset in 2012.
>>
>>35149487
>???

I'd ask if you were retarded, but if you are equating a momentary-only weapon light to having a constant-on beacon stuck to your goddamn head, that's pretty much proof.
>>
>>35149696
>momentary-only weapon light
are you too much of a poorfag for nvgs? or are your hands just too fat to operate a simple push switch?
>>
>>35149667
https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/caf-jobs.html

>>caf-jobs.html
>>Career options in the CAF

>>Learn about the different options available in the CAF and find the job that fits your career path and life style.

Apply yourself young one and maybe you'll do good for your country. If they call themselves the CAF then they are the CAF.
>>
>>35149707

>Accuses people of being consumerists
>Calls poorfag
>Mentions NVGs

gr8b8m8 i r8 8/8
>>
>>35149708
FUCK THEY CHANGED IT BACK AGAIN GODDAMNIT

i still stand by my statement that the worst piece of kit forces-wide is the Standardized Box Lunch (not to be confused with an IMP)
>>
>>35146829
stubbies kick ass. They are the most versatile and look great. for me, at least, they're also the most ergonomic way to use a hand stop.
>>
I prefer handstops on longer rifles; it helps a lot when shooting from a barricade I find stubby grips to be a tad distracting when shooting from cover as they tend to get snagged on objects. On an SBR, stubby is GOAT though, as the short length of the handguard makes snagging less of an issue.
>>
>>35149588
I'm actually dead serious. Would a vfg attached sideways have any actual application other than raising your mallninja stats.
>>
File: download (6).jpg (7KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
7KB, 259x195px
Something like this. Stens were kinda gripped this way if you held on to the magwell/mag.
>>
>>35149780
Nothing like two nasty dry sandwiches, a packet of mustard, a cookie or chocolate bar, some raisins, an apple or orange, two juice boxes totaling less than one fucking liter and a squirt packet of mayo.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.