[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First gun - fun or practical?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1489022436128.jpg (85KB, 1080x565px) Image search: [Google]
1489022436128.jpg
85KB, 1080x565px
Do you focus on pratical self defense or fun? I'm gonna get my first two guns, and I know a 9mm and a 12 gauge are probably the most sensible thing to lay a good foundation for a collection, but I really want to drop my money on something like a Beretta and an M1A.

Which should I buy first?
>>
>>35139870
I'd say fun, to get you into the hobby more.
Maybe start with a rifle.
However, my first purchase was for self defense, had this outrageous neighbor...
>>
>>35139896
>had
where did you bury the body anon?
>>
File: YoungFagsBeTrippin.jpg (105KB, 600x442px) Image search: [Google]
YoungFagsBeTrippin.jpg
105KB, 600x442px
>>35139870

>sensible
9mm handgun and an AR15 in 5.56.

>really want
This will change so much over the years anon especially if you aren't a rich fag. We all want to shoot all the guns, but who wants 5 safes full of shit they never shoot? Buy the guns you will rely on first and then your revolving stable of range toys can be bought and sold as you try all the things.
>>
>>35140114

>Sensible
>AR15 in 5.56.

A gun you can't legally hunt much of anything with that's expensive to shoot.

Yeah, I don't think so.
>>
File: Langdon M9.jpg (55KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
Langdon M9.jpg
55KB, 1000x600px
>>35139870

Get a Beretta 92 or M9.

A 9mm is practical and affordable, good for home defense and target shooting. The Beretta 92 is easy to maintain, very reliable and its damned good looking to.

They've got a new Langdon M9 coming out in October that has a couple of nice modifications installed on it that improve its durability and change the safety to a decocker.

That's what I'd recommend.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/langdon-m9/

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411557877/Firearms/Handguns/Beretta/Beretta+Langdon+M9+9mm+15%2B1+Limited
>>
>>35139930
I moved away, he got evicted a month later.
My neighbor told me it was glorious.
He was a crazy stolen valor cunt that would get in our faces.
>>
>>35140152

>5.56
>expensive to shoot
>>
>>35140152
Anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon you can get white tail with .223
>>
>>35140114
Im a califag. What is an alternative to the ar 15? The best i can think of is the mini 14 (unreliable) and the m1a (overpriced)
>>
I want to buy a Ruger Mk series pistol as my first gun, probably an old used model because I don't have a lot of money. I still have a year until 21 so I just shoot air pistol until then.
>>
>>35142364
An AR 15. Get a featureless one and fix it or deal with it, your call. Conversely, do the same with an AK.

Milsurp, while more expensive than in the past, is still a great choice in this goddamned state.
>>
>>35139870
Practical fun for me.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.