[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

retarded hunting laws

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: sluggun.jpg (13KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
sluggun.jpg
13KB, 300x225px
Heres how my home state is

>Be Ohio
>Deer is the only big game species
>First state to allow crossbows alongside bows
>Muzzleloaders
>other than that, shotguns with slug only
>Basically the only reason dedicated slug guns exist in case you are wondering
>pic related
>gun season in ohio is 7 days
>license sales drop
>Be ohio gov
>add "straight walled" cartridge rifles to list of weapons (basically 45-70, 44 mag)
>add an astounding 2 "bonus days" (yes, that is what they call them) to the gun season
>under 18 cant hunt alone unlike some states where minimum age is 16
>we cant believe our luck
>be me now
>3 weeks ago, d-day conneaut
>talking to fellow soldaten from pennsylvania
>find out how bad it really is here in the land of pop
who else thinks they have it bad where they are?
>>
>>35139546
>actually following hunting laws
Kek, where I live they're merely suggestions. It's just that most everybody here isn't a colossal faggot who feels the need to kill everything he sees.
>>
>>35139776
This is a hypothetical, assuming people do. Although you need plugged for 3 rounds here its not uncommon to hear like 8 in a row. And show me a hunting shotgun that holds 8 rounds. Thread about what is in the books plz
>>
>>35139546
I'm Ohio (937 eyyy), and I hate that I cant use grandpa's old .30-30 like he did when he was around and young enough to hunt.
>>
Canada (Ontario)
>can't use a caliber larger then .276 (why that fucking number?) for small game (ie coyotes and shit).
So I can use a fucking 6.5-284 or similar long range precision caliber, but not a pistol-caliber carbine.
Because logic.
>>
>>35139546
Iowa has the same laws. We just passed straight walled cartridges, but fuck that shit. All straight walled cartridges are just damn expensive unless you have a 357 rifle, but they are still overpriced.

I'm about to say fuck it and buy a mossberg mvp or something, 308 I don't give a fuck. I'm hunting on private land anyway.
>>
>>35139546
Here in Pennsylvania you used to not be able to hunt any kind of game with a semi-automatic weapon. Even if it had the required magazine size.

It's been partially repealed cause now you can use them to hunt small game, but still a no go on larger animals.
>>
>>35139546
>Live in based GA unlike cuck OP
>primitive weapons season is lit, any type or bow or spear
>can use any .22 cal centerfire cartridge and up
>no mag limits
>we got tons of different critters to shoot including lit shit like bears and gator
>suppressors while hunting all day long
>gun season is like 2 1/2 months
>only have to wear orange on public land while hunting deer during firearms season
>over a million plus acres of public land to hunt on
>have military bases you register to hunt on
>have islands preserved against human fuckery that you can literally boat out to and hunt on
>>
File: 1455645948879.png (311KB, 968x782px) Image search: [Google]
1455645948879.png
311KB, 968x782px
>>35139546
>New Jersey
>50 dollar fine for not wearing an orange hat while shooting upland bird
>>
>>35139546
>Australia
>No deer season because deer are pests
>Can't shoot plague kangaroos without a special permit
>outnumber humans 5 to 1.
>"protected species"
>>
Wisconsin here. It is illegal to "worry a squirrel" while hunting. You can face a $150 fine for it.

>no step on skwerl
>>
>>35142200
I thought the only "special permit" you needed to shoot roos was an ordinary gun licence and written permission from whoever's land you were shooting them on. Or maybe that's just Queensland.

Oh, that reminds me:

>Queensland
>No hunting on crown (public) lands, can hunt on private lands only
>Can only hunt "pest" species, but that covers kangaroo, all forms of deer, hogs, dingoes, foxes and rabbits
>No particular legally-defined hunting season; feel free to shoot animals all year round if you can find them
>Humane shooting of kangaroos must be done with ammunition which meets or exceeds the power requirements listed in official guidance: https://www.environment.gov.au/system/files/resources/8ae26c87-fb7c-4ddc-b5df-02039cf1483e/files/code-conduct-non-commercial.pdf
>Long story short, roos need to be taken with high-velocity rifle shots specifically to the head, not the torso
>General gun laws mean that handguns semi-automatic rifles, semi-automatic shotguns and pump shotguns are a no-go for 95% of shooters
>>
>>35139546
At least only deer have pants on head retarded laws here. You can hunt groundhogs with .50 BMG if you wanted to.
>>
>>35142631
Ohio is pretty based. Op should move to PA if he can't into a 50cal Remington 700. Or maybe NY.
>>
>>35142021
What the hell do they think you're going to hit in Iowa?? Isnt Iowa like 98% corn, soy, and wheat fields?
>>
>>35144629
News flash: nothing grows in the winter, so open fields all day everyday.

Now tell me where you live so I can insult your state
>>
>>35144969
not him but whats the general joke against NC?

>HV2
>>
>>35145182
Literally who?
>>
>>35144969
Montana faggot
>>
>>35141256
there's rumors going around the dnr that 30-30 might be legal in 2018-2019 seasons
>>
>>35139546
>Can use a machine gun
>with a suppressor
>at night
>from a helicopter to kill hogs on private land

>Can't even use a 22lr to hunt on public land around me

Such is life in North Texas
>>
>>35148182
This, I know its requested, and .30-30 doesnt go far by center-fire standards.

Thank god our DNR is desperate to get new hunters into the sport, and is responsive to requests.
>>
>>35142021
Atomik is that you?
>>
>>35142493
>>35142200
Australians have guns?
>>
>>35139546
Massivetwoshits

I'll just leave it at that.
>>
>>35142204
I hunt in wisconsin and have never heard of this lol.>>35142204
>>
Shotgun laws are to keep retards from killing every fucking deer within 500 yards of them.

Its rifle hunting where I live and my family are a bunch of shithead who shoot anything with brown fur and a pulse and brag to high hell about all the deer they shoot (when theyre fuckin pipsqueeks).
>>
>>35149051
Tbh unless you have some rare trophy deer I hardly think it's worth bragging. It's not like deer are smart or particularly deadly quarry, they're basically anorexic dumb cows and half the time they just stand there staring at you.
>>
>>35142200
I thought felons aren't allowed to own firearms
>>
>>35149228
Exactly, it annoys the shit out of me, and they give me shit because I pass up bambees all day
>>
>>35149334
I'll admit I'll take typical does for meat, but that's only because in my state (Ohio) we don't actually have that much "big game" deer, at least in my half (west ohio) they usually are born and die within a few years since there aren't that many public parks, so minimum opportunity for the deer to live terribly long. That said, the bow hunting record DID get set not too far from where I live supposedly, so it isn't unheard of for bucks to get huge.

East Ohio has some big ones I hear, but I've never gone out towards Appalachia.
>>
>>35142204
WIfag here, squirrels are fair game if bored innatreestand.

>be my grandpa
>flying squirrel keeps getting into the cabin
>finally catches it
>plastic bag around exhaust pipe
>go to DNR seminar about endangered species or some shit the next day with his friend who was there for the squirrelocaust
>guy mentions flying squirrels
>grandpa can feel the shit eating grin from his friend sitting behind him
>>
File: 1505265814274.png (584KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1505265814274.png
584KB, 720x540px
>tfw live in TN so I can pretty much use whatever I want
>have absolutely no experience hunting however
Might just save up to take a short vacation out to a hunting lodge to shoot something exotic so I can learn. I'm a total novice.
>>
>>35149425
>hunting lodge
>something exotic
>learn
Anyone can learn to shoot animals that walk to the feeder right below the stand.
>>
>>35144969
Also montana fag
>>
>>35150908
Beautiful. Im moving out west.
>>
>>35150908
looks like indian poop hill
>>
NY laws in general are pretty shit but their crossbow regulations for hunting are pretty mind-boggling. The state used to have some retarded law where you couldnt use crossbows to hunt unless you had a disability preventing you from using a regular bow. Even when they took that law away (and that was only a few years ago) fudds petitioned to keep more powerful crossbows illegal because they "ruined the spirit of the tradition of hunting" or some bullshit. Also for some seasons crossbows are under the same license as muzzleloaders so you need a muzzleloader licence to use one during those seasons.
>>
>>35139546
Man I live up that way, haven't had a chance to go to D-Day in a few years. Does the guy with the B25 still come basically as far down as possible without scraping the trees? Any big changes I could have missed?
>>
>>35139546
>hunting laws thread
hunters browse /k/?
more importantly, hunting is still a thing in the lower 48?
>>
>>35141845
>Missouri
>any centerfire caliber shooting a single projectile is legal for deer
>all rimfire calibers prohibited for deer, all multiple projectiles (birdshot, buckshot, bucknball, etc) prohibited for deer
I can legally hunt deer with .25acp for .14 Squirrel but not with .44 Henry or .53 Rimfire, or with a buck and ball load in a shortgun.
>black powder must be at least .440" bore diameter (thus prohibiting all .44cal black powder, which is .429") BUT IT SPECIFICALLY SAYS BLACK POWDER REVOLVERS ARE LEGAL even though none with a bore .440" or larger exist
>cannot legally hunt any species with a black powder firearm with a bore larger than .600"
No hunting with Howdah pistols, BP shotguns larger than 24ga, or original/repro military muskets. No hunting with BP revolvers. RIP chasing quail with my great grandpa's ~12ga muzzle loading shotgun.
>>
File: gay.jpg (42KB, 972x648px) Image search: [Google]
gay.jpg
42KB, 972x648px
>>35142150
>2017
>using "lit"
>>
>>35151259
all these people with shit tons of guns, wouldn't you at least think some of us hunted?
>>
>Be me
>Dove hunting last week in Texas
>Hunting bro climbs a hill and spots Federal Park Rangers waiting by our vehicle
>Against the law to hunt past sunset
>Stop shooting at sunset, nearly drown in dove over the next twenty minutes
>Park Ranger literally asks if he can borrow my ammo to make sure my shotgun is in compliance
>Next evening, drive into the hunt area
>Texas Game Warden follows us in, checks our shit
>Hunt
>Stop shooting right at sunset because of gay laws
>Proceed to get dive bombed by hundreds of dove in the waning light, like Marv in Home Alone II.
>Get back to the vehicle, a different Game Warden is waiting on us
>They comment about hearing someone shooting right at sunset
>I point out that law is gay
>Warden lets us go in peace

What cum guzzling road warrior decided that the correct time to stop shooting is right when dove are most active, with half an hour of light left?

Also, alice belt, M16 double mag pouch, dump pouch, and canteen is the best bird hunting setup of all time.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.