[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The LGS guy told me the price on a weapon, but I found it for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 1505099400813.jpg (370KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1505099400813.jpg
370KB, 640x960px
The LGS guy told me the price on a weapon, but I found it for $100 less online, so I bought it and had it transferred to his store. Think he'll be pissed?
>>
>>35138762
No.
>>
>>35138777
I figure it's just business but I'd like to support the local shop. Guess I'll just find something else to buy, maybe some ammo or something
>>
>>35138762
Maybe but who cares because he has to compete with online carriers.
However, after transfer fees and background check fee, it'll be damn near the same price, so you might as well avoid the shipping time and buy from him, especially if he'll throw in a box of ammo or mag or something
>>
>>35138858

That's a good compromise. Buy some ammo from him when you get the gun. Also depending on what his markup is on the guns, and how much he charges for the transfer, he might not be that mad since he's still making some money vs no money
>>
>>35138762
how much does he charge for transfers? cause my local shop charges $100 for anything they can order themselves. $40 if they cant get it.
>>
>>35138884
Transfer fee is like 20 bucks, how much is a background check? I'm still gonna come out way ahead. I don't feel too bad cause he marked it up hard and I've given him at least $600 of business in the past.
>>
On many of the popular inexpensive polymer guns, they possibly make more profit in transfer fees than they do in profit on the sale. (If you are in a competitive market)
>>
>>35138920
What a fucking ripoff. I’d walk out so fucking fast and never look back.
>>
>>35139005
I was about to say this

>>35138762
My LGS only makes about $19 off every Glock he sells, he charges $25 for transfers and doesn't have to actually moce product off the shelf. Why would he be mad?

If you feel bad buy some ammo when you pick it up, that's where he makes keeping the lights on money.
>>
>>35138991
Depends on your state, but you can expect to pay ~$35ish for background check.
>>
>>35141695
I thought accessories were the gravy because ammo is expensive for then to ship in bulk, so minimal profits there.
>>
>>35141695
>My LGS only makes about $19 off every Glock he sells, he charges $25 for transfers and doesn't have to actually moce product off the shelf. Why would he be mad?
Pawn shop only pay $200 for all glock model
>>
>>35138884
>background check fee
What cucked state are you in?
>>
>>35142149
Wtf where do you live most states don't charge for a background check.
>>
>>35141695
He actually called me up and gave me some grief about how he spent time talking to me about the guns and how I don't value his time, said that this is why gun shops are dying out. As if 15 minutes of conversation justifies paying him as much money as I make in a day.
>>
>>35138762
>>35145740

>Crying because people aren't forced to pay his inflated prices

Boo hoo. Either someone has the ability to fund their gun store through other means or they're successful salesmen.

Online shopping is the future. Nobody uses magazine catalogues because we have the internet; either online shopping has to be matched or there needs to be an incentive to pay the premium at his LGS.
>>
>>35145740
...Although, if you really wanted to, you could've haggled him.

>This is a $100 cheaper, why should I pay more for yours if this is a better deal?
>>
>>35145808
Well I wasn't 100% truthful, it's actually worse. He wanted $450 for a shield, and there are at least 10 different retailers online who have em for $300.
>>
>>35145862
Ohh...why didn't you tell him?
>>
>>35138762
Should have told him, asked if he'd cut the price down to what it'd cost you to buy online and transfer.
>>
>>35146015
He told me he couldn't match online prices. He's still getting a transfer fee, plus selling me ammo, and whatever he charges for doing work on another gun of mine. He's a shopkeeper, not my boyfriend, sorry if I hurt his feelings but it's business. If I'm spending $150 I want to get something for it.
>>
>>35146144
Yeah if he said no that's fine, I was just thinking if you didn't give him the chance to match the price it'd be kinda shitty.
>>
>>35146185
I'm not blameless, I didn't give him the chance to come down on the price before buying it. I assumed he wasn't going to shave $100+ off the price, and I was right, he said he couldn't. I'll apologize to him. I admit it was kind of a dick move but it's not like I'm not giving them money for different things.
>>
>>35143495
Most states I've bought a gun in habe that fee added in. Look at your receipts
>>
>>35138762
He'll probably just charge you a $100 transfer fee ;^).

I'm lucky that I know a place locally that does $15/gun transfers and a kitchen table FFL that does $30/transaction transfers, but I've seen places that advertise as doing transfers for a set amount + 20% of their retail price for the gun, and they can fuck right off.
>>
>>35138762
No, that's business. You could have showed him the listing and made him a lower offer though. I've never discouraged someone from buying elsewhere if they found a better deal than what my supplier gave.
>>35138920
Christ, I thought $30 was steep. I do $25 so people just come to me for no bs transfers. Not being an asshole is a useful business tactic.
>>35145862
Does that Shield also shoot 357sig and give you blowjobs? I'd be embarrassed to ask that much, fuck 'em. At $450 you might as well find a new m&p9c or something.
>>
CCW exempts me from the background check fee, FFL recieving used to be $35 for everyone here but they lowered the state taxes and you can find people who do it for $25 now. If I find a gun online where the price+$25+shipping is significantly lower than store prices, I wouldn't hesitate to order it. Of course, most places that aren't all bigboxy will let you haggle the price a bit so I'd rather buy local if I can.
>>
>>35138884
why the fuck do you pay a $100 background check fee? Mine is $10 ffs
>>
No, because he still made money off you.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.