[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can soldiers buy extra gear?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

can soldiers buy their own gear? obviously you cant buy your own helmets and that, but if you were some random infantryman and you brought lets say a flir cam or a scope or something that you didnt get issued to a deployment would you get in shit?
>>
IIRC Russians have to buy their own optics
>>
>>35137307
Some things yes, some things no. I assume you mean US? When I was in there weren't enough acogs to go around, but grunts had priority. You could tell a pog from Infantry just by looking at their rifle (and clean cammies).
>>
>>35137327
such is life
>>
>>35137331
askig about Uk soldier but anythings good
>>
File: 1466324051931.jpg (131KB, 1548x558px) Image search: [Google]
1466324051931.jpg
131KB, 1548x558px
>>35137307
Yes and no. I think you can buy random extraneous crap but it has to be approved by your CO or something. I remember seeing a news spot a few years back about a vet selling meme knives and meme axes to active duty soldiers in Iraq because they have a "blade culture" in the middle east and "respect blade carriers more" or some other meme.
>>
File: mall ninja wet dream.png (287KB, 868x738px) Image search: [Google]
mall ninja wet dream.png
287KB, 868x738px
>>35137628
>be burger soldier
>about to deploy
>buy all knives off knife shop in the mall
>locals have never seen such thing
>gain respect from locals
>taliban drop their weapons and flee in sheer terror
>no more ieds cus locals respect the legendary blade man who goes on patrol with 100s of impractical chinese made melee weapons strapped to him
>????
>america wins afghanistan
>>
>>35137307
Special Forces dont have to buy anything
>>
>>35137703
>mfw "*teleports behind you* psh, nothing personal, kid" is now a valid warfighting tactic.
>>
File: WITNESS ME.jpg (86KB, 634x495px) Image search: [Google]
WITNESS ME.jpg
86KB, 634x495px
>>35138175
anything is a valid war fighting tactic if your brave enough
>>
>>35137307
> can soldiers buy their own gear
In terms of webbing and other carriage like patrol sacks and the like, sure. Bits of kit like Jetboils are a pretty common purchase, better boots etc. The problem with buying your own scopes and stuff would be that if or when it breaks, youre just gunna get a standard elcan and have to use it, so you might as well just use that in the first place.
The ethos generally is that, if the army provides it and it does its job, use it, and then supplement with stuff to make your life easier. Theres no point going and buying a chest rig if the army already supplies you with one that works. Sure, then you can buy and attach extra pouches and organise it as you see fit, but nothing extravagant.
>>
>>35137327
Rifle is fine
>>
>>35137307
Depends on how gay your command is.

If its something that goes on or in your weapon you will almost certainly be banned from using it outside of shit like grips or stocks.

Packs and things like that usually fly as long as they arent ridiculous.

Common sense is king. Dont buy shit that screams THIS IS NOT ISSUED AND YOU CAN TELL ALL THE WAY FROM 1st SGTs HOOCH ACROSS THE PATROL BASE
>>
>>35137703

>trading locals shitty chinese made tacticool knives for their actually legit traditional tribal knives
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.