[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I decided to rent the gen 5 g19 and g17 at my range today.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Snapseed.jpg (595KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Snapseed.jpg
595KB, 1500x1125px
So I decided to rent the gen 5 g19 and g17 at my range today. The g17 was pretty much equal to or better than the gen 4 in every way. They totally fucked the grip on the g19 however. The magwell cutout didn't bother me at all, but not having any material there or even the rough texturing down far enough caused my pinky to slide off the grip fairly often, especially during fast firing, causing me to readjust my grip. I had no issues with the finger grooves on the gen 4, and don't have monster hands or sausage fingers. I do think that companies will come out with extra extended baseplates, or screw in magwells (like magpuls) that fill in the cutout and add a lip to hold your pinky. Hell, if any of you are enterprising, you'd probably make some money developing your own.
>>
>>35135389
I was worried it would cause issues. That cutout and the flared magwell are by far my least favorite things about the new design. I wish they had just given us the better barrel and the reliability improvements and the better finish, perhaps a flatter trigger shoe and steel sights and left the rest of the pistol damn well alone
>>
>>35135428
I've read (from one of the blogs of the dozen people invited to Glock Professional) that Glock has no plans to move the improvements to previous generations, which sucks. I'd love a gen 4 with the new barrel, nDLC, and trigger. Also, the other thing I forgot to mention is that the new trigger is pretty good. About as good as a gen 4 with a polish job and 3.5 connector. My LGS is a pretty big and popular one just outside my city's limits, so there's a chance it's been dry fired a few hundred times or more though.
>>
>>35135389
That cutout was a terrible idea. If you're so high speed that you need the cutout to help with malfunction clearances, you'll be more than willing to make one yourself with a dremel tool
>>
>>35135389
Or, you could buy a product that's been around for 20 years because the gen 2's had the same cutout:

http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-FML
>>
>>35135553
They could have just done what aftermarket magazine manufacturers like magpul did and add a place to grip the basepad on the sides.
>>
>>35135568
you can see better here:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/my-gen-5-half-moon-solution.1674978/
>>
>>35135568
Did people not have issues with that back in the day? They got rid of it for gen 3 and 4 g19's. I guess I never saw any g19's before gen3. I'd seen g17's and knew they always had the cutout.
>>
>>35135581
I wonder if that can cause the mag to stick because your pinky will be on that cutout. It's obviously worse, but I have that issue using larger mags in my g26.
>>
>>35135595
Oh it was hated back then which is why Pearce made the filler. Glock is just fucking retarded.
>>
perfection
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.