[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I applied for border patrol a while back...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 1485750872882.jpg (92KB, 720x713px) Image search: [Google]
1485750872882.jpg
92KB, 720x713px
Almost done, just need the background check to come in and the interview, they had me sign a provisional clearance form, and I'm assigned to the AZ corridor. Should all go well what did I get myself into? Also is this the right board for this?
>>
>>35132660
you just signed up to stack concrete blocks m8
>>
>>35132660
Better bring your buildin' gloves, m8
>>
Pays good, work is boring 99% of the time. Northern border is even more boring. Southern border you will trip over drug smugglers even if your terrible at your job.

Good luck and enjoy being a fed.
>>
you gonna get beheaded
>>
>>35132673
>>35132682
Oh shit really? like for the wall?
>>35132691
fugg xdd
>>35132689
do you know more? Any tips?
>>
>>35132711
Mostly boring shit. Sitting out in 35-114 degree weather doing nothing for hours with the occasional fun of catching wet backs or drug mules. You'll at some point get asked to do some scetchy shit by fellow border patrol or cartel and your family may be threatened or killed by your actions.
>>
>do you know more? Any tips?

I work customs on the northern border so I don't really know how your experience will be on the southern border (If you are going there.)

Nothern border you drive around on snow mobiles and ATVs depending on the weather and you carry HnKP200's with M4s and Remmington 870s. Sweet job to chill out, but the southern border is a different story.

I heard a lot of people just stare at the dirt 99% of the time, but end up tripping over refugees/smugglers a lot.
>>
>>35132711
drink the koolaid at the academy too, a lot of the bullshit they put you through makes 0 sense... its completely different when you actually graduate.
>>
>>35132751
cool I prefer cold over heat so maybe down the line id like to work there.
>>35132750
Huh, any tips on how to deal with the skechty requests? Is the in house corruption that bad?
>>35132772
any stories?
>>
>>35132660
What part of AZ?
>>
>>35132899
Dunno yet, I live in Queen Creek, I nearby I hope
>>
>>35132904
Probably Gila Bend or Yuma from what I've heard.
>>
best of luck, anon. been seriously considering this myself, as I recently finished my undergrad.
>>
File: IMG_0006.jpg (88KB, 499x484px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0006.jpg
88KB, 499x484px
>>35132660
Your a great American OP. Exactly the right place to pronounce the beginning of your new duties to kick some brown ass back over the boarder. Mexican food and heroin are the only two good things to come out of that shit hole.
>>
Any prior mil experience?
>>
>>35132948
Not sure which is worse... I'd pick Gila bend fugg
>>35132959
Thank you, uhh I'll make another thread sometime next year telling of the experience
>>35132965
thanks dude
>>35132994
Nah I'm really good at spanish and my records are squeaky clean tho. Really good shot and i do well in stressful situations. Why?
>>
>>35132994

>I'm really good at spanish

Only reason you got the job but that's good enough. My sister is the same way. She took spanish in HS and college and that's the only way she gets jobs with her useless major psychology degree. Luckily she minored in spanish so she's golden.

>that and she's pretty so she's fucking this guy making six figures
>>
>>35133028
>that and she's pretty so she's fucking this guy making six figures

Audible chuckle, I like learning languages, always wanted to learn chinese but then i'd have to deal with them professionally, and I heard that really sucks.
>>
>>35133011
Yuma isn't to bad some weird people especially Dome Valley but overall pretty cool.
>>
>>35133094
You know the place? Are there karaoke bars?
>>
>>35133011
>>35133028
> I'm really good at spanish
I speak hindi/urdu would that help me get a job like Border Patrol? I've been interested in mil or LEO instead of going the grad school route.
>>
>>35133102
Whiskey Road Saloon They do it every now and then. That usually would be a weird question but it's /K/
>>
>>35133102
Showcase Lounge also.
>>
>>35133125
>>35133134
hehe thanks, Dad spent the 90's in Japan, he caught the bug, passed it on to me.

>>35133123
Doubt it, doesn't hurt to apply, bonus points if you have prior military/police experience. Vast majority of illegal crossings are by hispanics, but you never know apply, write some emails, make some calls. Good luck
>>
>>35133159
Beware Canadians like to flock to them during the winter.
>>
>>35133189
It happens here in Queen Creek too... snowbirds cant drive
>>
>>35133207
Fuck no they can't. You cant get down the road. Can't get gas, and if you live in the county like me they love to cruise the roads near your house in their buggys.
>>
>>35132660

Pay is good but I hope you've got other options in the works. Majority of applicants get the axe due to the poly.

>>35132904

>I live in Queen Creek, I nearby I hope
Literally no, what >>35132948 said
>>
Figure this is as good a place as any
Really thinking about joining border patrol as well, after I leave the Marine Infantry in like two months, I'll probably head back to school. What should I do to apply for Border patrol? Any tips? What do they ask on the poly?
>>
>>35132750
t. i watch a lot of movies and tv shows
>>
>>35133445
You apply through USA.gov, Prior mil experience is a big plus, git gud at spanish, as for the poly no idea just relax and dont lie. dont drop your spaghetti. good luck man

>tfw captcha is close exit
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.