[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SIG P320

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 20193-DEFAULT-l.jpg (86KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
20193-DEFAULT-l.jpg
86KB, 900x600px
Considering getting a P320. Can /k/ tell me what I think of them before I do though? Besides the drop test issue which was allegedly fixed is this a good gun for the price?
>>
If you do but it, make sure you get a lanyard
>>
File: Intron Depot 3.jpg (4MB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
Intron Depot 3.jpg
4MB, 2992x4000px
>>35131634
One of the best OOTB trigger you'll find on a plastic pistol, contested only by the Walther PPQ. The caliber x-change shtick is a meme. If you're buying new, and the trigger looks like your pic (and mine) it's a pre-upgrade chassis.
>>
>>35131668
>The caliber x-change shtick is a meme
Only because they broke it by not officially supporting converting the .45 ACP model to any other cartridge (or even having two separate models in the first place) and then raising the price of the X-Change kits by 150 bucks one night.
>>
>>35131683
>...converting the .45 ACP
Didn't really care about this. I don't shoot .45
>...raising the price of the X-Change kits by 150 bucks one night.
This on the other hand pretty much ruined the concept for anyone interested after. Damn stupid move on Sigs part, desu. Damn stupid.
>>
>>35131634

Why would you want a glockified p226/229 when you can just get a p226/229?
>>
>>35131706
>Didn't really care about this. I don't shoot .45
Yea, okay, but lots of people do and why bother with this if you can't at least convert between all of the three most popular handgun cartridges?
>>
>>35131745
Oh, I didn't mean to imply I was trying to invalidate your statement, only that I, personally, didn't care about that. SIG is very good at making critical errors to keep a good thing they make from being a great thing; I'm pretty sure they still try to sell those god awful "custom" gats with tribal tattoo faggotry etched on them
>>
>>35131715
Because that isn't what the p320 is and even if it was the glock and p226/9 are better at different things so wanting some pros of both mixed into one actually makes completely reasonable sense
>>
>>35131634
I like it.

Either it or the M&P 9c 2.0 will likely be my next carry gun. Frankly im leaning strongly towards the former considering i can easily change frame size(1 gun for winter/summer), also seems probable that aftermarket frames will be a thing. Hell, maybe somebody will even make a cheaper/different caliber exchange kit that what's offered by sig.

As long as it can perform satisfactorily as it's competitors i can't really see why i wouldn't go with it considering the "modularity" and military adoption.
>>
File: p320sc.jpg (895KB, 2048x1430px) Image search: [Google]
p320sc.jpg
895KB, 2048x1430px
>>35131634
The drop thing isn't fixed yet. Sig is rolling out a program to do so for P320 owners at no cost other than 6-8 weeks at the factory. They've not yet issued shipping labels that I'm aware of, and I registered my P320 on the upgrade site within a few hours of it going live the first day.
>>
>>35131861
>"modularity"
The problem here is the exchange kits cost $450

Why not just buy a whole new pistol at that point.
>>
>>35131954
If caliber exchange was what i was looking for primarily then it might be a deal breaker.

Frankly im a lot more interested in a gun that goes from a duty/full size down to a subcompact for a fraction of the cost of a new firearm.

Caliber exchange is something that might be kinda neat at some point in the future if it becomes more viable.
>>
>>35131998
>Frankly im a lot more interested in a gun that goes from a duty/full size down to a subcompact for a fraction of the cost of a new firearm.
But it doesn't unless you're limiting yourself to one slide size, in which case your choices basically are subcompact on one hand, or compact/full on the other.
>>
>>35131935
Did you get the subcompact? I got the subcompact in 40 S&W and the recoil is really light.
>>
>>35132030
Yes it's a subcompact and it's smooth af. The slide is beefy and soaks up the recoil despite being tall
>>
File: IMG_2079.jpg (27KB, 616x321px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2079.jpg
27KB, 616x321px
>>35131634
>>
>>35132022
nothing wrong with a compact sized slide on a subcompact frame. Frankly i find the general size preferable to traditional subcompacts. What's north of my belt line when CCWing is the concern, not so much how much slide is beneath it.

the compact is approximately g19 sized which makes it great for the range/HD while the subcompact frame would make the same gun as CCable as my old M&P9c.

Frankly not seeing what's so heard to get about this.
>>
>>35132022
Just to clarify, you will need a new slide and frame to go from subcompact to compact or full, and that's what costs $450
>>
>>35132092
but not to go from compact to subcompact which is what im talking about
>>
>>35132107
Okay, then you're not whom I was speaking to, unless this was you
>>35131998
>im a lot more interested in a gun that goes from a duty/full size down to a subcompact
>>
>>35132129
the compact is a duty sized gun, it's only compact in the since that a g19 is also a compact. duty is a looser term under which fullsize and compact both fall.

Also last i checked you could use the fullsize slide on the subcompact frame, it has a slight overbite but still functions. or did they change that?
>>
File: IMG_1014.jpg (3MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1014.jpg
3MB, 2592x1936px
>>35132155
Looks weird as fuck, but that's inconsequential. I've never done this but depending on how far back on the slide recoil assembly guard is machined, I'd think there could be real problems. Or maybe not. It would be pretty shit if the subcompact frame got pressed up and behind the slide and prevented the gun from cycling.
>>
>>35132155
You can fix the underbite easily enough with a hacksaw and some sandpaper, it's plastic.
AFAIK the ideal grip combo is a carry (full grip, compact slide) & sub to fit a compact(/carry) slide & barrel.
>>
>>35131715

So you're sayin a p226 is better than a p320?
>>
>>35131861
>aftermarket frames
It'd be nice if somebody made a big fat precision target style grip for comfy range time without having to get the putty out.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.