[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spartan armor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

I'm new to body armor and want to pick up level 4. I came across Spartan armor online and was surprised to find that they sell a package consisting of a plate carrier front back and side plates for $200. Anyone have experience with this armor? Ant input would be super helpful
https://www.spartanarmorsystems.com/ar500-omega-body-armor-and-spartan-shooters-cut-plate-carrier-package-special/
>>
This thread is madness!
>>
A lot heavier than it needs to be. Go for something lighter and cheaper.
>>
>>35131522
That armor is only lvl 3
>>
No, ar500 is bad. Go to armour wear and buy some level iv ceramics and a mayflower apc

I'm not going to do your research for you to try to explain why, but that's the conclusion you'll come to once you have.
>>
>>35131522
Not to piss on your chips, but Jamal doesn't have rifles, he has a Hi-Point.
>>
>>35131522
not that I have anything against being able to buy armor, muh insurgency and all that, but has there ever been a recorded instance of a civilian using these available to the public armors in a self defense or otherwise situation? Just curious.
>>
>>35131585
other than the north hollywood shootout and other criminal activities.
>>
>>35131522
AR500 is shit, that plate carrier is shit. Look into cheap ceramics, they're like $150 per plate new.
>>
>>35131558
you say that like it's actually true.

Crime with rifles is relatively uncommon but it does occur with regularity.
>>
>>35131758
You're stacking probabilities up fast here.
1. Encounter hostile Jamal
2. Jamal has a rifle
3. Jamal hits you center mass
4. You are actually wearing the fucking plate at the time

You're probably better off with something easier to wear.
>>
>>35131585
None that I've heard of personally. There certainly are plenty of shootings both with handguns and rifles that would likely be partially or totally mitigated had the vic been wearing one.

Im sure enough googling will turn something up considering how unrestricted the market is these days in most states.
>>
>>35131799
how about some actually reasonable non borderline strawman examples instead.

>be autistic but not like clinically diagnosed or anything
>wear some of that spiffy bulletproof clothing, say a medium or light jacket, offering protection against common handguns for the most part
>now if a jamal robs you with a jennings and he does manage to get a round off at you(all it takes after all) you have significant and meaningful protection.
>depending on climate you have said protection for ~1/2 - 2/3 of the year and if you are super paranoid you can probably find a thin enough level 2 vest that you could dress around it in the warmer months as long as you dont ascared of the heat

or the realistic rifle situation

>be at home
>hear sounds of jamals making entry or tossing the house
>dial 911 and put on speaker phone
>open closet and slide on armor while explaining situation
>watch fatal funnel of choice while waiting for police assistance

I never understand people who think it's perfectly reasonable to own a gun to keep from getting shot but unreasonable to own armor for the same reason. For the average citizen a gun is nothing more than a round about means of achieving what armor does directly.
>>
>>35127464

A thread died for your dumb ass to ask about steel armor, a topic that is extensively covered in the dedicated general that has been around for years now.

Saged
>>
>>35132006
>actually thinking anybody but the lowest of the low would debase themselves by posting in the shit and piss filled circle jerk that is your general thread

just that typical tripfag ego at work
>>
>>35131546

Fucking this
>>
>>35132029
this
>>
>>35131530
Madness....
>>
>>35132006
neck yourself tripfag

>>35131522
steel armor is absolute shit and should be avoided

pay a little bit more and get ceramic plates, i paid $340 for front and back

think of it like this, youre trusting your life to this shit, is it really worth it to cheap out?
>>
File: 1505111435344.gif (829KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1505111435344.gif
829KB, 500x359px
>>35133702
think about it this way
>you're a shill
>>
>>35131546
Hahaha no
Only good armory wear is two level 3+ plates.
Hopefully in the future we'll have depleted uranium armor plates.
And fuck the NRC.
Why is depleted uranium regulated at all?
>>
>>35131585
Can't find the cases now but there's been a few armored car robberies with body armor saving lives, as well as a few other situations with private security staying alive when a bullet gets caught.
>>
Is DKX any good? Saw some on sale over at midway.

Yeah, if youre wearing a plate carrier the plate needs to be III+ or its pointless. IIIA will gets raped by 5.56, .308, .30-06 etc.
>>
>>35133760
is this nigger autistic. Please buy steel plates you occasionally larp in you retarded poorfag
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.