[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tikka T3x

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: t3x_hunter.png (100KB, 1600x289px) Image search: [Google]
t3x_hunter.png
100KB, 1600x289px
Has anyone ever held/shot/owned one?
Thoughts/opinions?
>>
>>35131204
No but I've never heard anything bad about them. Baseless or otherwise.
>>
>>35131217
Good to know, thanks. That's what I've been seeing as well on reddit and other hunting forums.
>>
>>35131204
I held one at the LGS. It's light as fuuuuuuuck. Would not want to shoot .30-06 through it. Counter guy said he hit himself in the nose because of the recoil. The bolt is unearthly smooth, and synthetic is totally adequate as a SHTF/solo marksman's battle rifle imo.

Would buy, but I don't know shit about scopes and I'm set on a G3 clone anyway.
>>
I had a T3 hunter in 308, my buddy has a .223 T3 and I currently have a T3x CTR 6.5CM 24". Absolutely great rifles; trigger, accuracy, bolt movement (throw & pull), etc. are all incredible, especially for the price. As with all rifles, the thinner barreled ones will heat up faster with many consecutive shots than the thick barreled so take that into consideration for what you're trying to do.

Also, mags are a bit expensive.
>>
>>35131462

Accuracy wise a stock tikka will shit all over a g3
>>
>>35131204
I got the T3x and its light and great feel to it. Fit finish is top notch. Much better than similaryly priced Rem 700 models.
>>
>>35131204
hunting only OP.
>>
File: 1438971995164.gif (2MB, 308x279px) Image search: [Google]
1438971995164.gif
2MB, 308x279px
>>35131204
I used to work at a gunstore. The first thing you'll notice is how butter smooth the bolt is, another thing to note will be these rifles are generally really well balanced. On top of all that they are guaranteed 1MOA so as long as you pair it with a decent optic and rings you'll have a really great rifle for the price.
>>
>>35131511
I'm currently debating on selling my savage model 10 in 308 and getting the t3x ctr in 6.5 instead. Any advice or opinions on the matter? I'm specifically wondering between the 20" barrel and the 24" since I plan to hang a can off of it. Also I have some concerns about the barrel life of 6.5
>>
File: bblcost011.png (2KB, 373x171px) Image search: [Google]
bblcost011.png
2KB, 373x171px
>>35135253

6.5 creedmore or other? I recently got autistic about barrel life because of how much extra it cost to shoot per round. If you load to normal, book max, pressures you'll lose about %50 accuracy after 5000 rounds of 308 but 6.5 loses at 2500 rounds. You're looking at about 20 cents cost per round of creedmore versus 10 cents. These numbers aren't 100% accurate, just estimates.

Always try to shoot cold bore, give even a few minutes between a shot and you can outlast those estimates. If you shoot hot, 3 rounds in a sporter barrel at a time you'll probably get a little more than half those estimates. I'd suggest owning multiple rifles and cycle between them as they cool for practice or while testing loads.

Most would say 22" is ideal for a precision 6.5 creedmore, after that you don't gain much velocity to justify the weight and encumberance. Also with the can you'll thank yourself for those 2 inches.

My only opinion on the matter is that I think you should keep the savage since it's not worth a lot anyways and get the tikka in your choice of caliber unless you're willing to drop the money on a remington 700 build. It can be invaluable during a hunting trip or season to have two functioning rifles. A while back I dropped a rifle on an elk trip, I was worried about the zero but luckily someone smarter than me brought a spare for me to use; afterwards I found out I was right and my zero was off.
>>
Please buy my lefty Tikka
Please
>>
>>35131204
I had a Tikka T3. Fabulously accurate rifle.The T3x is supposed to be even better.
>>
>>35136049
I currently use the savage for long range target shooting and I know that 6.5 will outperform 308 within 1000 yards all day long so that's why I was considering the switch. I just didn't really see the purpose of having two guns for the same purpose of target shooting other than the barrel life. I was leaning towards keeping the savage because it's a joy to shoot so thanks anon I appreciate the info.
>>
>>35137960
>Had

Explain
>>
File: Triple homicide 5.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Triple homicide 5.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I have a Tikka T3 in .270. It is very high quality and performs flawlessly.
>>
Savage 110 or T3? Which? Help!
And is creedmore really better than 308? I love my 308 for durr.
>>
File: Untitled1.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
i have two normal t3's the left one is in .300wsm and the right in .308. Both shoot sub moa and the actions are extremely smooth.

the only "complaint" people have about them are that the stocks aren't the most sturdy (small amount of give near the end of the stock where it meets the barrel). But I've never had it touch the barrel unless I physically squeeze the barrel and stock together.
>>
File: 1503262043430.jpg (64KB, 480x853px) Image search: [Google]
1503262043430.jpg
64KB, 480x853px
I have one in .308.

I like it a lot, it's my second bolt action rifle, but there's things about it that annoy me sometimes.

It's light, extremely light, so light that recoil can actually be a problem especially in .308 or .300 mag. My shoulder feels just as fucked up as when I shoot my nugget shooting my Tikka T3x.

Magazine feels like cheap plastic shit sometimes and only holds 3 rounds. Replacement mags are like $40+ for something that probably costs $5 to make.

Aside from that it shoots great and the action is smooth. The safety is easy to use, the trigger is a crisp 2lb or something, and it comes in a lot of options and even left hand versions too.

For the price it's an excellent rifle. Toss yourself on a good scope and you're set for life.
>>
>>35138819
And their wood stocks are utter garbage. They feel like Chinese plastic and look cheaper than the wood on a 10/22
>>
Excellent guns, buttersmooth action.
>>
>>35138816
6.5 creedmoore is really really fast and flat, basically yourrah firin yo lazor.
Tikka is much better than Savage imo,m
>>
File: Untitled3.png (559KB, 1576x739px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled3.png
559KB, 1576x739px
>>35138893
true but it helps to keep the weight down
but that turns into a bad thing when i shoot the .300wsm because it beats the shit out of me after a while and I have to take a break so I don't start flinching.
the good thing is that McMillan makes some stocks that add a little weight to the rifle so that is my next upgrade to the rifle
>>
>>35135253
I put an Omega on the end of my 24" 6.5CM and it does just fine; no considerable POI shift even with dumping lots of rounds down range. I usually just shoot a box of 100 rounds without intentional breaks besides loading, so the barrel gets pretty goddamn hot too.
>>
File: Prepped.jpg (562KB, 2112x2816px) Image search: [Google]
Prepped.jpg
562KB, 2112x2816px
>>35131204
own one. I don't like the wood stock, I don't like the magazines, but on the OTHER hand, things are available to fix those. The big issue is if you get the 7mm rem mag T-3 hunter, which I have. It shoots good groups, but the thing is, it has a crowned, unthreaded barrel, and you can't put a muzzle break and all other types of anything you want on it from the factory. And with 7mm rem mag, it's fucking painful if you don't have the right shoulder placement. You ALSO need to replace the recoil lug from the factory because it's too soft for its purpose. So you need to get a newer, harder lug and you typically need a pic rail to mount any kind of tactical scope, which is hard to come by.
>>
>>35131204
Shot one in 30-06 hitting figure 11's at 800m, baring in mind it was my first day shooting rifles (britbong) it was a nice rifle to use and seemed forgiving to a shooter who had only used shotguns and air rifles. Preferred using a .308 though
>>
>>35143157
suprised bongs use 30-06
>>
>>35131204
Beautiful rifles, not memeing
>>
>>35143171
It was at a 'sniper challenge day' range, all club guns from 50 to 800m, got to shoot a mp15-22
Howa in .223
.223 ar15 in straight pull
AK-47 straight pull
30-06 Tikka
And a .338 LapMag out of a desert tech bullpup.

Going back next year to hopefully shoot at 2000m
>>
>>35131204
great rifle
>>
>>35140957
Is your 24" the ctr?
>>
>>35131204
My brother has one in .308; I have a Sako 85 in .308. Mine is the nicer rifle, but it's not by as much as the price difference.

Good triggers, great quality, very decent accuracy, exceptional value.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.