[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glock 19 Gen 5 vs M&P9c 2.0

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: glock gen 5 vs M&P 2.0.jpg (96KB, 1274x547px) Image search: [Google]
glock gen 5 vs M&P 2.0.jpg
96KB, 1274x547px
Please bear with me for the blogpost. I'd imagine a few other people might be in the same situation here.

I currently carry a gen 4 G19 and I'm thinking about replacing it. I've never gotten very good with it, and the trigger hasn't smoothed out at all over the few thousand rounds I've put through it.

Now, I went to a glock day event at my local range the other day and got to shoot some of the new Gen 5's and, at least for me, there is a night and day difference between gen 4 and gen 5 triggers. There is much more of a rolling takeup instead of a wall, and the break seemed much smoother. With my gen 4, the staging is much more pronounced, and no matter how much I practice and dry fire the gun, it always "shakes" when the break happens. The gen 5 felt like my S&W SD9 VE's trigger, but better and much lighter. For whatever reason I shoot SD9 VE's very well despite the heavy trigger, compared to gen 4 and earlier glocks.

With my first five shots out of the gen 5 I fired a better group than I do on average with my gen 4, and it only improved from there.

I also have a gen 1 M&P9 fullsize, and I like it a lot. I think it has better ergonomics than my glock, and I don't mind the hinged trigger like so many people seem to. I'd carry it if it wasn't too big for me to conceal. Now S&W has answered my prayers and made the M&P9c glock 19 sized instead of that weird inbetween size their previous compact was, and I'm very tempted to pick one up. It's preorder pricing is lower than glock's too.

My hangup here is that over the next few years I'd like to buy a few pistols, including my first gun in fuddyfive, but due to my severe autism I want them to all be the same line of pistols. I have 30 days to order a glock from the store that ran the glock day at a "special price" (what that is exactly, idk), and I'm not sure if I'll be able to test fire an M&P 2.0 before then.

Which brand should I go with?

tl;dr- Do I buy Glock gen 5s or S&W M&P 2.0's?
>>
do what you want
>>
>>35125437
Problem is I don't know what I want, which is why I'm asking for some opinions.
>>
>>35125447
whatever you shoot better with
>>
>>35125346
>and no matter how much I practice and dry fire the gun, it always "shakes" when the break happens.
This is more of a testament to your lack of skill with a trigger than anything about the gun. I've never shot a Glock of any generation - and I have experience with many - that had a truly bad trigger. If you can't shoot one Glock well, you may be able to find some other gun with a slightly better trigger you can use as a crutch to compensate for your shit trigger finger control, but your money would be much better spent on a lesson, or just on range fees and ammo, so you can get better at shooting the gun you have. Because even though you may not disturb the sights when dry firing a Glock 19 Gen 5, there are a dozen other skills you still need to learn to shoot that gun consistently well. You might get a few good groupings with it, but you'll always be confused by "fliers" and sometimes you'll have "bad days" which you can't explain.

>M&P vs Glock
Who cares? Get what you like.

As for,
>over the next few years I'd like to buy a few pistols, including my first gun in fuddyfive, but due to my severe autism I want them to all be the same line of pistols.
It will probably take Glock some time to release other calibers in Gen 5 anyway - and they might not even release every model. We're still on Gen 3 as the newest iteration of the 17L, 24, 30S, 36 and a few others. You should really get over this hangup, though. The Glock 21 is a good gun, and the Gen 4 has great recoil management. There are other good .45's too. It is definitely not normal for people to only own one brand and specific generation from the same brand for all their handguns, so rather than your "autism" leading you to think that this is a strategy to get a perfect collection, you're actually just retarded.
>>
>>35125346

Glock is going to have more special editions and shit for you to choose from when it comes time to buy other guns from the same maker. 30sf, Glock 36, front-serration models, limited colors, probably they'll release a long slide single stack 45 or something neat like that.

So, I'd go with the Glock.
>>
Depends on grip angle that works best for you; trigger shouldn't matter. Matter of fact, the stock glock trigger is often thought better than the M&P by most people; the hings is funky. If you can shoot some ammo through an M&P (gen1 or 2) that would probably help. Do it on paper and check your groupings.
>>
>>35125626
I'm not and I have never claimed to be an expert shot, but I shoot every other pistol I've ever tried leagues better than I do the gen 4 glock. Saying "take a class" is fair enough and I will be this fall, but there is no reason to stick with a pistol I shoot poorly when there are others I can pick up and do well with right away. All those skills that I need to improve on can be improved on with a pistol that I can do well enough with right away. If I'm going to carry a gun to potentially defend myself with, I want it to be whatever I can be most effective with.

As for owning a bunch of guns all of the same type, it's nice to have all the controls identical between guns if possible, hence me wanting to stick with one brand.

>>35125724
I already own a gen 1 M&P and like it, but like I said it's too big to conceal for me. I wasn't even considering getting another M&P until it came out that they were release a G19 sized model.

If I can find a range near me that has both available to rent, I'm going to try both and go from there, I'd just like to hear from some people that have shot both.
>>
>>35125792
>there is no reason to stick with a pistol I shoot poorly when there are others I can pick up and do well with right away.
Here's a valid reason: You'll be able to track your progress at learning your shooting fundamentals better with the gun you shoot poorly initially with.

>I want it to be whatever I can be most effective with.
Stop repeating things you don't understand. Equipment can never fully compensate for lack of skill.

> it's nice to have all the controls identical between guns if possible,
Maybe on your carry guns, but who says all the handguns you own need to be carry guns? There is such a thing as owning a gun simply because you like it or enjoy shooting it.
>>
>>35125832
>Here's a valid reason: You'll be able to track your progress at learning your shooting fundamentals better with the gun you shoot poorly initially with.

I'm more interested in being able to put a hole in something where I'm aiming than I am in "tracking my progess." Is tracking progress important? Yes, but if I can switch from one gun to another and be able to hit what I'm aiming at more easily, I'm going to do it.

>Stop repeating things you don't understand. Equipment can never fully compensate for lack of skill.

When did I say fully? I'm well aware that buying a $10k gun doesn't instantly make you a better shooter. That doesn't change the fact that some people shoot certain guns much better than they do others.

>Maybe on your carry guns, but who says all the handguns you own need to be carry guns? There is such a thing as owning a gun simply because you like it or enjoy shooting it.

And there's also such a thing as someone just wanting all their handguns to be as similar as possible simply because that's how they like it and that's how they enjoy shooting.

I guess I should have just made the post "glocknade gen 5 vs Micro&Penis 2.0" instead of trying to explain anything, that seems more of /k/'s speed.
>>
>>35125888
>Is tracking progress important? Yes, but if I can switch from one gun to another and be able to hit what I'm aiming at more easily, I'm going to do it.
It's of paramount importance to have strong shooting fundamentals.

>When did I say fully?
Let me rephrase, then. Equipment can't compensate for lack of skill when you have no skills, but it can make it easier to use your skills when you have them. Hence, a 1911, with it's short, crisp trigger isn't going to help you with your flinch, but a finely tuned target pistol will allow a competition shooter to shoot accurately without the gun getting in the way.

>And there's also such a thing as someone just wanting all their handguns to be as similar as possible simply because that's how they like it and that's how they enjoy shooting.
Those are tastes, and tastes change.
>>
>>35125346
If you're looking to buy now, I'd say buy a M&P compact, because in next year there will be a newer shinier Glock anyway with whatever features they purposely left of the Gen 5, not to mention the Gen 5 prices will drop next year anyway

The only problem I foresee is holsters but the M&P guns are also very popular in aftermarket.
>>
File: 1505016287597.jpg (62KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1505016287597.jpg
62KB, 640x480px
>>35125346
Just get a G&P9 17 2.0
>>
>>35125346
See >>35126644

Get the M&P. What you see is what you get, and the aftermarket for other M&Ps will work with the new 9c in most cases. The new M&P line has already been vetted over the last year with stellar reviews. I don;t image that there will be many issues with the glock, but I'd rather not be a beta tester for the gen 5.
>>
File: why rick and morty is reddit.jpg (1MB, 3000x1875px) Image search: [Google]
why rick and morty is reddit.jpg
1MB, 3000x1875px
>>35125346
If you're considering it for carry, go with the Gen 5. M&Ps still aren't (and probably never will be) as thin and compact as their glock equivalents, even in what they *CLAIM* is the same form factor. The M&P manages to be both slightly taller and thicker than the 19 (yes with mag inserted), despite being essentially a knockoff of it. Equally important, the new gen M&Ps have a very aggressive, sandpaper-like texture that will catch your clothes and it seems like might contribute to printing, plus just general discomfort if there isn't an undergarment between the grip and your body.

If this is an HD gun though, I'd say follow your heart and your dick.

Of course, both pistols are new releases, so the soundest advice anyone here could give you (but none will) is to give it about 6-8 months to let any bugs in the new models get ironed out. There probably won't be many, but you want to be sure.

pic unrelated
>>
>>35127078
But Rick and Morty is ridiculously good. Only a drooling retard would think otherwise. I suppose it's pretty easy to be a critic when your entire intellectual ethos revolves around being a contrarian. 4chan and Reddit are the same thing.
>>
>>35127987
Okay reddit.

Rick and Morty is really shit. Like, REALLY shit. On an artistic, comedic, and intellectual level. It's just barely a step above family guy-tier reference humor- something it itself relies on, simply in a less concentrated form.
>>
>>35128060
t. reddit contrarian
>>
>>35125346
I've always liked M&P's over Glocks so I'm biased to say go with the new 2.0's. Apex that bitch and you'll love shooting it.
>>
>>35127987
>4chan and Reddit are the same thing.

Only because you R*dditers keep thinking this. You fuckers infest this place and refuse to adapt to certain cultures and rules here and then go "HEY NOW 4CHAN AND REDDIT ARE THE SAME NOW".

I have been coming here for about 7 years(which is not even that long) but have seen the decline of this place.
>>
>>35128131
You're old enough to still remember a time when anons still said "lurk moar"
>>
>>35128094
>I explain why something is reddit and shit

>yeah well... YOU'RE THE REAL REDDIT HURR
Go back to enjoying the Avengers and thinking Kendrick Lamar's rap intellectually stimulating.
>>
>>35128168
#irony
>>
>>35126749
>Just get a G&P9 17 2.0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VLVNClEeuU
>>
>>35126749
That actually looks good
>>
>>35125346
I dont see why the gen5 is worth buying if you have a gen4
Glock is better than the M&P
Buy a gun better than both of those
>>
>>35128184
>#
kill yourself
>>
>>35128482
>why the gen5 is worth buying if you have a gen4
It has a wrong-handed mag release that most people will never use and deletes the finger grooves so people with unusually large or small hands can shoot it without discomfort.
So it's better than a gen4 if you have a hand-related physical disability.
>>
>>35128152
Site was better when people lurked more.
>>
>>35125346
>it always "shakes" when the break happens
crush the grip front-to-back between your middle- and ring-fingers and the base of your thumb, with no pinkie involvement, and crush it side-to-side with your lats
use as much force as you can without making the gun jitter
>>
>>35128131
>You fuckers infest this place and refuse to adapt to certain cultures and rules here and then go "HEY NOW 4CHAN AND REDDIT ARE THE SAME NOW".
Redditors are basically the Mexicans of the Internet.
>>
>>35128808

this checks out
>>
>>35125346
glock 19 is always the answer
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.