[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military tips and stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 8546845_orig.jpg (81KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
8546845_orig.jpg
81KB, 500x349px
I wanna join the Marines as a Officer

>yeah I know these videos are army, but the point still stands
I don't wanna be a shitty officer
https://youtu.be/HkJHVXEQ910
https://youtu.be/hoUkh1wpxxg

Got any good tips and/or stories?
>>
>>35123874
You won't be a good Marine officer, you're on 4chan. Only 10% we're good. Plus you don't even get to choose your MOS.

T. 4 years as an 0311 who did a 4 year contract. My buddy who did a 6 year contract trained you midshipman for 2 years. Enjoy having a corporal having yell at your bitch ass and land some pog unit.

Unless you're top of the line you won't get Infantry. Even if you do, we're in peacetime so you'll have the honor of NJPing people.
>>
>>35123973
Well... shit
Most guys that tell me to join the military discourage going infantry

And fucking people shit for mistakes, thats sounds bad
>>
>>35123990
You don't even puncuate your sentences. You aren't in college. Stop larping kid.

>Discourage Infantry

Well it's peacetime. Maybe when you grow up there will be another war. Try then.
>>
File: 546521465984835416354.gif (1MB, 280x212px) Image search: [Google]
546521465984835416354.gif
1MB, 280x212px
>>35123874
get a degree FIRST
>>
>>35124006
I'm in engineering, not English

I've heard more than enough fucked up stories to know war is no joke
Footage, documentaries, jokes, real conversations, etc etc

If you got the balls to go infantry and the luck to live, you more than earned your right to reproduce
>>
>>35124010
Doing so
Going for engineering

Love the AK-47 btw,it's my favorite gun. awesome piece of technology
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 481x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 481x540px
>>35123874
Being an officer is being a 16 year old girl and leading 9 year old girls. Lots of politics and fucking people over to make sure you stand out amongst your peers.

Taking care of your boys so they don't have to deal with the other idiots trying to play games is the best you can do.

T. Prior Infantry Officer w/ 5.5 years in. Lat Moved.
>>
If you're not underage you talk like you've got a room temperature IQ

so I guess the marines would be perfect for you
>>
>>35124034
>Love the AK-47 btw,it's my favorite gun. awesome piece of technology
I love how the useless free floating rear sights bounce when you shoot it.
>>
>>35125070
op here
never said it was perfect

there's a handful of variants that use decent rear sights
>>
>>35125070
meant to type decent dust cover sights
>>
>>35123874
Have fun leaching off tax dollars and getting blown to pieces for ZOG
>>
>>35125034
LMAO

Nah, somedays I just don't know
>>
>>35124131
Thank you for the advice and thankyou for your service

I hate office politics, it leads to everyone lying and looking out for themselves
exact opposite of what you want in a military
personally I love Maddog Mattis, and his advice.
>>
>>35123973

t.this

He can't be worse than 90% of the diploma mill idiots I went to OCS with back in 2009. TBS was ok and P'cola was GOAT.

Being a Marine Officer helped me realize just how much I hate Marines.
>>
>>35126241
Last thing I wanna do is bend over my beloved Corp and fuck up the ass daily

That's why im asking how to not fuck up, I wanna be fresh blood in the system, not a leech

A army infintry man told me his experiences, one of the few guys that said to go infintry too.
He told me Officers die less, it's mostly grunts like him risking shit

personally I'd rather go POG,
I'm smart as shit with tech, but never been decent with a rifle
>>
>>35126305
OP here

I fucking love Marines, got a lot of Marine friends because of my oldest brother

but, I'll be the fist to admit they can do really stupid shit and are quick to anger
Jumping off bridges, getting in fights, wasting all their pay on booze and stupid shit, sleeping with every prostitute and slut then marrying them to later find they're cheating sluts while on deployment

There's war stories, then there's "how the fuck are you alive, you did some retarded level shit" stories

I've heard my fair share of both, smartest was using a water bottle or canteen to wash his ass on deployment
>>
>>35126428
>USMC Sgt (inactive reserve now)

Just don't be too much of a dick. Most of being an officer is about as exiting as brushing your teeth or cleaning your room or doing you taxes, I use those actions as comparison because there a good example of how people feel about it, they're not fun and people won't wanna do them but they're important. Your job is going to be making sure that people do the basic maintenance to keep everything running.

What's the official plan for the field op? Did they bring enough/the right safety gear? Do we have medical personal standing by? Did the range manager get the right paperwork for the shoot? Who's in charge X, Y, and Z? All officers are Administration to a degree, You can mitigate most task but you're still the responsible party. If you're too removed you just become the fall guy for an accident waiting to happen, if you're too involved you keep things from running smoothly. It's not fun but it's a really important job, the bad officers are the ones who don't understand that.

The military is about 99% the most frustrating job ever and about 1% the most awesome job in the world. A bad officer can make it 100% frustrating and 0% awesome, a good one can make it 90% frustrating, 1% awesome, and 9% 'not that bad'.

As far as advice, trust you staff and listen to them.
>>
>>35127832
I'm mostly a Slacker right now
but I have and can micro manage

I'm typically very lay back (so yelling is rare for me), but getting some good habbits sounds useful.

Being the adult amongst the former high schoolers with guns while remembering they're people too and hearing what they have to say

sounds like a job I would love and work hard at
Thanks
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.