[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First handgun, did I do ok?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: taurus_738_tcp_pistol_1288847_2.jpg (37KB, 738x640px) Image search: [Google]
taurus_738_tcp_pistol_1288847_2.jpg
37KB, 738x640px
>>
You fucked up
>>
>Buying a Tarus auto

You fucked up/10
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
1MB, 480x358px
>Taurus
>DAO
>meme caliber
"no"
>>
>>35119621
unironically no.
>>
>>35119621
you did ok at fucking up.
>>
File: Yodadissapointment.jpg (46KB, 650x415px) Image search: [Google]
Yodadissapointment.jpg
46KB, 650x415px
>>35119621
You've bought a warranty repair case.

Congratulations.
>>
File: 1294726374.gif (2MB, 340x305px) Image search: [Google]
1294726374.gif
2MB, 340x305px
>>35119621
Nah, man, you actually didn't. Was it some grimy looking middle aged with a messy beard? That's what the taurus shill I work with looks like.
>>
>>35119621

The Taurus you have on you is worth infinitely more than the Glocknade you don't. Fuck all these faggots.
>>
>>35119788
your shitty gun isn't shitty because there's even shittier guns out there
that's not how it works faggot
>>
>>35119799

no u. faggot.
>>
>>35119621
The TCP is a great little pistol, though it's quite unforgiving for a newbie (keep your wrist and grip tight). Never had a problem with mine. Also, buy the magazines that have the extended grip on them so you can get a full four-fingered grip. It turns a mouse-gun into the most comfortable CC handgun ever.
>>
>>35119621
>it's a Zed thread again

I forgot my Taurus joke but it's funny. The Slim is liquid ass, sorry.
>>
>>35119788
Literally no excuse. The M&P shield had a 75 buck rebate all summer on top of it going for much less than a glock. The M&P line STILL has a rebate going through S&W right now. For little extra cash, he could have made a smarter decision. Now instead of a reliable weapon, he has a gun that """"""might""""" work. If you don't do your research you get fucked.
>>
>>35119799
oops forgot my meme arrow
>>
>>35119846
My dad's got one of those, I've shot it, it's fine. I wish it had a real magazine size and a real grip but whatever.
>>
>>35119846
>Now instead of a reliable weapon, he has a gun that """"""might""""" work. If you don't do your research you get fucked.

I've never had a single malfunction with mine. Everyone who owns TCP's says they're great. Where the fuck are you getting your opinion?
>>
>>35119880

From /k/, probably. Just like all the other nogunz faggots who infest this shithole.
>>
>>35119880
>>35119895
Nope, I work at a big FFL. You wouldn't believe the number of those pieces of shit that I have had to send back to Taurus. They're backed up on repairs 3 months btw :^)
>>
>>35119621
Honestly, Taurus is known for QC issues, a lot of them. Muh Judge fell apart with the 50th shot.

But, if it works, it works.
>>
>>35119942

>Judge

Shit, I thought /k/ begrudgingly admitted that their revolvers were at the low end of the acceptability scale and the semi-autos were the ones to stay away from.
>>
Sell that pieces of shit know someone that has a few.One of them feel apart on his hand while firing it at a shooting range.ask him yourself jewishgoyim url comfy.zone
>>
>>35119928
This is why we don't stock SCCY anymore. The Millennium G2s usually don't come back, I presume because the buyers shoot them so infrequently.
>>
>>35120014
Weird, we stock a bunch of sccy. We sell a lot of the G2s here but about a 3rd of them come back broke. I swear I have their factory address memorized by now.
>>
>>35119621
>asking if you did ok after the fact
>not asking for advice first

Where the fuck are you retards coming from? I see this same fucking thread at least once a week, and half the time the dumbass OP wrote the question in the subject line only like a fucking mongoloid, just like you.
>>
>>35120346
It's basically just the default shitpost bait format on this board.
>>
File: DSC_9281.jpg (606KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_9281.jpg
606KB, 2304x1536px
The TCP is made in the US, so it hasn't been touched by dirty huehues. It's a copy of of the Kel-Tec P3AT (like Ruger LCP) with a few improvements, including a smoother lighter trigger and a slide release. I feel like it's better made compared to the Kel-Tec. The frame is a lot stronger and the mag release doesn't feel like a toy.

The major downside is that mechanically it's a copy of the OLD P3AT. That means it's possible to short stroke the trigger and have to rack the slide to cock the gun again. I guess you could also say having an internal lock is a downside, too.

Opinion on various gun boards doesn't seem any worse than the P3AT or LCP. Everyone complains about two of the guns and says the third is great. I haven't had any trouble with mine, but when I bought it (used) the recoil spring guide had a chip in it. Taurus mailed me a new one three days later.
>>
>>35120554

Oh, that's a P32 in the photo so the TCP is about the same size as a P3AT. Slightly chunkier, but in a good way. Not a brick like a S&W Bodyguard.
>>
>>35119846

The M&P isn't a micro pocket gun. Different markets.

But a .380 pocket pistol is a weird first gun. Gonna be a steep learning curve to shoot straight.
>>
>>35120554
Thanks for the insight, anon!
>>
>>35120805

If you're OP, I'd recommend against learning to shoot on this gun. Buy, rent, or borrow a .22 or maybe a .38 full-size revolver. Tiny little guns are hard to shoot accurately and they tend to induce bad shooting habits like flinching.
>>
File: lcp.jpg (118KB, 848x477px) Image search: [Google]
lcp.jpg
118KB, 848x477px
>single stage only
>no manual safety
>no firing pin block
Basically the only thing keeping this gun from going kaboom in your pocket is the sear.

How does the S&W Bodyguard compare to the other 380 mini pistol guns? How about the Beretta Pico?
>>
>>35120890
Ahem I meant single action only.
>>
>>35120860
Yes OP here, have shot a few other larger pistols before, extensively with rifles though
>>
>tfw bought a taurus PT809
>Heard a bunch of people talk shit about taurus so worried about it
>literally never had a problem, put 300+ bullets through it so far
>all sorts of good reviews about it online
>Only spent 300 bucks on it

did I just get lucky or what?
>>
>>35119957
My understanding is that their revolvers are better, but still have issues.
I remember for a while they were over-torquing barrels at the factory and they would be shooting the barrel off at around 100 rounds.
>>
>>35121038
>300+ rounds
That's really nothing to be honest
>>
>>35119621

I had one of these once. They sucked. Couldn't feed more than a couple rounds without failing to cycle. Sent the gun as well as the mags in to Taurus and they said they fixed it but it kept fucking up.

Get the LCP2 instead. Trust me.
>>
>>35121093
http://www.unclegeorgeswalletholsters.com/Pages/LCPIIWARNING.aspx

The LCP2 is not safe for concealed carry.
>>
not too good op not too good
>>
>>35121038
I get that you're a poorfag which is why you bought a Taurus as anything besides a toy, but 300 rounds is basically a single range trip.
>>
>>35121155
Why should I give a shit about this blog post?
>>
>>35121155

>Carrying a gun with an exposed trigger in your pocket isn't safe

Yeah, no shit.

Those wallet holsters are a meme anyway.
>>
>>35120890
>How does the S&W Bodyguard compare to the other 380 mini pistol guns?

Chunky and has a trigger like a fucking staple gun. I'd never do it. They're really popular in my state because they're the only legal pocket .380 but they're awful to handle.
>>
>>35121437
I pocket carry the Taurus slim 709.

With a manual safety that has positive engagement there's no way for the trigger to be actuated.
>>
>>35119621
I hope you're joking. If not, you seriously should have asked /k/ beforehand. Sorry dude.
>>
>>35119621
Keep it well lubed, shoot brass, and hold onto it like you're choking your cock and it'll squirt.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.