[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm just looking for a good ol' gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

Hey /k/ommandos,
I'm looking for a gun to take with me while I do some outdoors-men type of stuff. I want something I can hold by my side while I'm alone with nothing but my thoughts and bright glare of the moons and stars.

>I need something that can last in the cold, I like to go camping in the fall and winter with a tent
>It needs to be reliable, of course
>Could stop a black bear if need be
>Doesn't look tactical, other campers stare at me strangely
>Preferably wood, it just feels better to snuggle with
>Legal in all 50 states
>Not too expensive, don't wanna have to break into tears when my new gun has a few dents
>I don't want to feed it ammo that costs the equivalent to what a factory worker in China makes in a year
>>
>>35119347
Stainless .44 lever action of some kind?
>>
>>35119347
Please excuse the spelling and grammar mistakes
>>
>>35119356
To be honest with you I'm not that big of a fan of lever action rifles. I'm not sure, they just 'feel' clunky to me.
>>
File: 336C_0.png (225KB, 1200x450px) Image search: [Google]
336C_0.png
225KB, 1200x450px
used 30-30 off any gunshop rack in america for 300-400
30-30s not dirt cheap but its not fuckspensive either
>>
>>35119375
Honestly I'm a bit biased towards 30-30. I never really felt I could get that round to go exactly where I want to go like other rounds. I just need practice with it, but why do that when their are plenty of other options?
>>
>>35119369

My only other suggestion would be a stainless pump shotgun
>>
10mm 1911 or sks or something
>>
>>35119356

.44 Magnum out of a rifle is somewhat disappointing. .45-70 or even .30-30 would be a better choice.
>>
>>35119369
have you ever held one? lever actions are the slimmest most balanced guns around. working the action might be awkward intitially but after working it thousands of times its smooth natural and fast
>>
>>35119391
Again, sorry for the bad grammar.
>>
>>35119347
A lever gun sound pretty comfy for what you want, maybe a .45-70 marlin.

Alternatively, I have a Remington 7600 that I like, maybe one of those in 308 would be good for you.
>>
>>35119347
Get a 12 gauge shotgun. Take some slugs with you, some birdshot, and maybe some number four buck. You can feed yourself and defend yourself against anything in North America.
>>
>>35119393
>>35119435
I guess I should of put this in the first post but I'm not too into shotguns or lever guns. I'm a bit more of a bolt action or semi auto type of guy.
>>
>>35119472
get a fal and show up in short shorts and brush paint
>>
>>35119472
Well, a shotgun is really the only thing that meets all of the criteria stated in your original post. Sorry, I'm out.
>>
An SKS would do nicely for all the things you mention.

A wooden stocked Vepr in the flavor of 7.62 is perfect
>>
>>35119347

>LE ROMANCE

Your McCandless posting aside, the most versatile firearm an outdoorsman can own is a modern production 12ga pump action shotgun. I specifically say new, because the barrels can handle cheap non-toxic shot, have interchangeable choke tubes and are typically chambered for 3" shells.

>bears, elk, moose
Yes, get brenneke slugs
>All other game
Appropriate shot sizes are available.
>>
>>35119347
Get a Garand or M1A faggot
>>
>>35119472

Ok so you've already made up your mind, and your decisions have more to do with your image of yourself as a lonesome mountain man with your GOOD OLE RIFLE than it does actually succeeding at that lifestyle.

Carry on.
>>
>>35119472
why the fuck didnt you start out saying you wanted a boltaction?
>>
File: IMG_4977.png (85KB, 1600x267px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4977.png
85KB, 1600x267px
Sako 85
>>
>>35119538
This is gonna be a tad bit of some personal info that nobody asked for but here it goes: When I first turned 16 I stole my Dad's Mossberg 590 and I went out into the middle of the woods. I had a lot of problems I didn't know how to deal with so I figured ending it all would be the only way out. I decided not to after fully loading the shotgun (I don't know why I added all the shells). I don't want to sound like a liberal faggot saying "uhhh nooo! da shotgun made me wanna killz me self", but the pump action design reminds me of a bad time. I just sound like a faggot, don't I... I do...
>>
>>35119347
I'd say cheap shotgun or (especially) a lever gun like most of the other anons. However you've said you dislike both. I really want you to go to a gun store and finger fuck a lever gun, I'm sure you'd like it.

But since you said you want a bolt gun or semi, I'm gonna say an SKS.
>>
>>35119608
Nigha what the fuck? You're not me!
>>
>>35119347
A mosin nagant sounds pretty good for what you want, should be able to deal with bears too though I'm not sure about the legality of it in the states (for what its worth, its legal in canada)
>>
>>35119608
Get a side-by-side then or grow a pair. Sheesh.
>>
>>35119347
A few years ago when /k/ was good all of the responses would be the obvious answer: SKS.

I'm not sure if we're run by a bunch of kids now or it's because the supply of SKS's is drying up.
>>
>>35119682
Ok. One more try but it's going to cost some. Find a pre '64 Winchester model 100 in .308
>>
>>35119686
except the sks isnt legal in all 50 states. modified ones sure but your bogstandard one isnt
>>
>>35119686
It's most defiantly the supply. A few years ago you could get a barrel of SKS's for $2, now it's $750 for a good SKS
>>
>>35119347
CZ-550 with the Mannlicher stock.
>>
File: 20170821_045356.jpg (3MB, 4160x2080px) Image search: [Google]
20170821_045356.jpg
3MB, 4160x2080px
M48 mauser. Is superior to a nugget in just about every way and also has essentially the same price. Southern Ohio gun has em

Pic related my scout rifle setup (waiting on a LER scope)
>>
>>35119347
CZ-527 in 5.56 or 7.62x39

Shoot steel case all day and not break $20.
>>
>>35119347
>moons
Wait, this planet only has one moon. . . WHERE ARE YOU ANON!?
>>
>>35119743
Oh this looks great! Kar's have been way too expensive and needed something to help me out with that "feeling" I get in my pants when I see one.
>>
>>35119764
>>35119359
Niggeaaaaa
>>
File: mosin.jpg (101KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mosin.jpg
101KB, 1024x768px
>>35119347
MOSIN IS VAT YUO NEED, TOVARISCH! ALLOW ME EXPLAIN WITH SO-CALLED GREEN-TEXT!
>COLD? RIFLE IS DESIGNED FOR RUSSIAN WINTER!
>RELIABILITY? NUGGET GO BOOM EVERY TIME! CLEANING ROD COMES WITH RIFLE, KIT IS VERY COMPACT AND SIMPLE! IF FIRING PIN WEAR DOWN YOU SCREW IT IN FURTHER!
>BLACK BEARS? COMRADE, MOSIN CAN KILL MASSIVE BROWN BEAR, PUNY AMERICAN NEGRO BEAR DOES NOT STAND CHANCE!
>OTHER CAMPERS WILL ONLY STARE IN GLORY OF MOIST NUGGET AND ITS BEAUTIFUL DESIGN!
>MOSIN IS BEST RIFLE FOR SNUGGLING ON COLD WINTER NIGHT, REMIND YOU OF WARM FIRESIDE NIGHTS OF CHILDHOOD SIPPING BABUSHKAS HOMEMADE COMPOT!
>LEGALITY? SILLY AMERICAN LIBERALS THINK IS HUNTING RIFLE WHEN NO, RIFLE IS WAR RIFLE!
>EXPENSIVE? okay comrade maybe american politicians import bans have increased cost but RIFLE WAS MADE IN HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS BY HARDWORKING RUSSIAN FACTORIES! IS VERY PLENTIFUL, SHIPPED INTO AMERICAN LAND BY THE CRATE!
>AMMO IS CHEAP BECAUSE YOU ONLY NEED ONE SHOT FROM MASSIVE 7.62x54 RIMMED RUSSIAN CARTRIDGE!

BUY MOSIN, TOVARISCH. GOOD RIFLE. WILL SERVE YOU WELL.
>>
>>35119347
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/savage-axis-ii-xp-bolt-action-rifle-30-06-spfld-22-barrel-4-rounds-hardwood-stock-3-9x40-scope-011356225566.do?sortby=ourPicksAscend&refType=&from=fn

Savage Axis 30.06
Very little in this world that you can't kill with this gun. Comfy classic. Kinda heavy, but you wanted wood, so deal with that. You can also get something similar in .308, but that's almost down to personal preference and whatever bullet you have easier access to at your local gun store. 30.06 is around 26 bucks for a box of 20 at my lgs, but I'm sure you can find them cheaper.

That all being said, what with the suicidal emo shit, you kinda sound like a pussy, so I'm going to assume you don't want a gun that's gonna kick at all. If you really wanna look into this further, check out this page. http://www.chuckhawks.com/recoil_table.htm
Shoot other peoples guns and find out what your comfortable with. If one of these rounds gives you PTSD flashbacks, maybe jump down a few pegs until you find the recoil for you.

That's all I got. Don't kill yourself just because I'm talking shit, just trying being less of a little faggot. That shit bleeds into every part of your life.
>>
>>35119773
M48 ~300 bucks for a like new one because they were never issued in a war
K98 ~800 bucks for a shitty one

Difference? 3 inches between the front sight and the receiver
>>
>>35119819
Absolutely love my axis in 30.06. Great rifle, and it's very cheap. Though if you're worried about kick OP, make sure you don't get the polymer stock, it's very light and does very little to mitigate. But the lightness in my opinion makes it a great hunting rifle.
>>
>>35119682
my thought exactly. can drink a little and maybe not kill yourself in some dumb way. What kind of gay ass fucks you camping with anyway?
>>
File: IMG_0034.jpg (68KB, 639x606px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0034.jpg
68KB, 639x606px
>>35119608
You sound like you shouldn't own firearms, famalam
>>
>>35119347
SKS
>>
>>35119347
Literally Grab SKS, go Innawoods. They're still a great gun for $350.
>>
>>35119347
Lee Enfield
>>
>>35119347
A pump shotgun with wood furniture.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.