[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Armoured Reconnaissance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: Scorpion CRVT.jpg (843KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Scorpion CRVT.jpg
843KB, 1200x800px
How can armoured reconnaissance even exist ? When I think of qualifiers to describe a tank, Stealthy is the last to come to my mind.
>>
>>35116587
Go study how camouflage works, then come back.
>>
>>35116587
Little tank sneakier than BIG TANK, so goes to find bad tanks for BIG TANK to BTFO...
>>
>>35116587
Well anon, I've got bad news for you. Men on foot can't go as fast as tanks, so if you have a tank formation, you can't scout with men on foot!

Shocking, but true.

Also, in the 1980s sensors and communications weren't full panopticon like today.
>>
>>35116587
Have you considered you're just stupid?
>>
what's up with the red idler wheel?
>>
>>35116587
>When I think of qualifiers to describe a tank, Stealthy is the last to come to my mind.

You know how I know you've never met opfor tanks on a field exercise?

Everybody minimizes their exposed profile, even tanks. Tanks bound between concealment and cover just like infantry.
>>
>>35116938
It happens every month anon, you will learn about it when you grow up.
>>
>>35116915
OP question might be stupid, but your explaination is particularly lacking.

>>35116938
goes faster.
>>
>>35116587
I do wonder this question myself. For example, are armoured reconnaissance vehicles doing the recon themselves? Or are they more an armoured taxi and support for a recon element which will dismount and recon on-foot?

If you are looking for an enemy which is expecting you, wouldn't sending a large(ish) tracked vehicle off to find them asking for said vehicle to get smashed?

Sure a recon vehicle might have better optics or reconnaissance equipment, but the enemy has their own recon too. Also, a lot of recon vehicles, for example the BRDM series, didn't have any particularly special recon optics or equipment.

Does anyone have any knowledge as to how a recon vehicle operates to avoid being smashed by an ATGM team before they even know they have met the enemy?
>>
>>35116984
>I do wonder this question myself. For example, are armoured reconnaissance vehicles doing the recon themselves? Or are they more an armoured taxi and support for a recon element which will dismount and recon on-foot?
could be, and has been, either throughout history
>>
>>35116984
>wouldn't sending a large(ish) tracked vehicle off to find them asking for said vehicle to get smashed

That's why it's armored.

> but the enemy has their own recon too
That's why it has a cannon.

>recon vehicle operates to avoid being smashed by an ATGM team before they even know they have met the enemy

Standard recon TTPs.

>re armoured reconnaissance vehicles doing the recon themselves? Or are they more an armoured taxi and support for a recon element which will dismount and recon on-foot

Both.
>>
File: wieselmk1.jpg (114KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
wieselmk1.jpg
114KB, 500x334px
I want a cute little wiesel to drive around in
>>
>>35117032
does anyone know how "loud" a Wiesel is?
>>
>>35116587
They use small tanks, retard.
>>
>>35117008
>That's why it's armored.
Yes, we've all heard of the outstanding armor protection afforded by most recon vehicles.

>Standard recon TTPs
How informative
>>
>>35116984
the world isnt perfect and you are going to take casualties.

https://books.google.com/books?id=UtiwDQAAQBAJ&pg=PA493&lpg#v=onepage&q&f=false

begin reading
>>
>>35117048
not very loud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOD7sRtVG4I
[EUROBEAT INTENSIFIES]
>>
>>35116984
Yes.

But couldn't you just replace all of these vehicles with just a little camera that you can land on a tree branch to spy on anything moving down a roadway or a street?

Much less costly and risky to soldiers.
>>
>>35117164
recon uavs are a thing. but sometimes actually being there can't be beat
>>
>>35117048
It has a VAG TDI, so probably as much as an 80's period VW, or less, if they paid attention to noise emissions developmentally.
>>
Reconnaissance =/= hidden
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.