[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you making your own gunpowder?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: photo.jpg (210KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
210KB, 900x900px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wW5KR1pDxs
>>
File: pnzXNSg.jpg (380KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
pnzXNSg.jpg
380KB, 2048x1365px
>>35115043
Nothing weird about saving urine, anon
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kconhr6aVG0
>>
>>35115060
>t.howard hughes
>>
>>35115043
>cowpies huhuhuhuh
>cowpies
>hahah lol guys cowpies
>>
If I ever get my bloody gun licence here in Australia, I wouldn't mind trying to make homemade smokeless powder. Nitrating cellulose doesn't seem too tricky, some of the other ingredients might be a little harder, but I think it'd be fun.
>>
>>35115318

it's already starting to be a thing in America due to states realizing how futile it is to control guns now that 3d printers and such exist, so now they grab the ammo

within three years you'll be able to buy a "do it yourself science fun kit" that will have step-by-step directions on how to make "nail gun" primers and ammunition
>>
>>35115318
>Nitrating cellulose doesn't seem too tricky, some of the other ingredients might be a little harder

Just have a good quenching system. No matter how precise and cautious a chemist you are, you will have runaways and the good chemist who prepares for these gets to keep his face and hands.
>>
>>35115410
I don't know if the "nail gun" ruse is really necessary, I'd have thought it'd be fine in America. Also, all the chemicals are easily obtained OTC.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's legal here to home make smokeless powders if you have a firearms licence already. Less certain about primers though, plus they seem a lot less safe to make anyway.
>>
>>35115043
Its hard OP,
you can make some good GP with the right wood and a mill but its hard.
My results are shit because I tryed normal coal and the old recept
>nitrate
>Sulfur
>Coal
>Alkohol/water
>>
>>35115043
dude needs to drink more water.
>>
>>35115646
I have never heard of gunpowder made from coal. I imagine the tar would be incredibly punishing on the barrel.
>>
>>35115410
You're an idiot
>>
>>35115043
Cody is a pretty cool guy, unironically owns a Mosin Nagant and occadionally makes quirky videos about guns and the science behind them and their projectiles.
>>
>>35115477
>Less certain about primers though, plus they seem a lot less safe to make anyway.

Really, ya think playing with chemicals that change kinetic energy into combustion energy is bit on the challenging side?
>>
>>35115942

Did ya miss that thing in Cali where you have to pass a background check to buy ammo and buying online or out of state is a crime? Or in WA how they have an ammo tax? Things are becoming less hyperbole fairly regularly.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.