[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I join the military with a GED?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

I was incredibly lazy in 11th grade and had no parents to guide me so I dropped out. I just got my GED and I want to join the military. I am in very good shape, 19 years old and have a 120 IQ.

Will they take me?
>>
File: kek.jpg (93KB, 755x696px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
93KB, 755x696px
>>35114570
Yep
>>
Ask your local recruiter, the fact that youre asking here about your GED should be a sign enough to you that you shouldn't join the service
>>
The military isn't a magical land that makes lazy people into disciplined hard workers. IF you're lazy now, you'll just be lazy in the military and your team will have to work harder to pick up your slack. Stay out and apply yourself to something.
>>
>>35114570
You need college credits to get in with a GED. Minimum is like 15 credits I believe.

Go take a semester of classes at a junior college and then you can join.
>>
>>35114584
just looking for alternative places to ask because I'm bored my man
>>
>>35114588
I'm not lazy in fact I work 60 hours a week as it is doing construction.
>>
>>35114593
If you're iq is so high, why haven't you found a job with less hours that pays more?
>>
>>35114589
This is what I have been hearing...

People are also saying that 15 credits would make you as qualified as someone who has a diploma

I hear they only allow a small percent in with a GED but haven't been able to confirm this
>>
>>35114599
Hard to find work in California with just a GED
>>
>>35114605
Start a business, it's really easy.
>>
>>35114570
No
Smart people are incompatible with military
>>
File: 1450344450329.jpg (20KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
1450344450329.jpg
20KB, 500x313px
>>35114605
>Hard to find a job with a GED
This is bullshit considering I hold a GED, myself. I've never had any problems compared to anyone else with just a highschool diploma. Look into trades, you dipshit.
>>
>>35114570
maybe maybe not depends ask your recruiter
>>
One of my E-5s bragged about having a GED. He was the biggest pseudo-intellectual in our unit and a spaz.
>>
>>35114588
>rondel dagger
>wide base and small guard
What's the point of this, other than hurting your hand when you try to use it?
>>
>>35114643
[citation needed]
>>
>>35116612
The base is for pushing on with your other hand to overpower a prone dude, when you're pushing the dagger through an armor gap or light mail.

Think of that saving private ryan knife kill scene, in 1400 AD Europe.
>>
>>35114590
You are bored, so you wast more time asking boring questions that can be googled in 3 seconds. Sound logic.

You are either, Stupid, Lazy, or completely incompetent.

Luckily for you they will take the first two pretty easy.
>>
>>35116513
This is the plight of my generation. Entitlement. I am so sorry for my peers expecting top tier jobs when they are LITERALLY bottom of the barrel and a dime a dozen.
>>
>>35116671
But the small guard makes no sense, because your fingers need to push on it to generate force.
>>
>>35116752
You are applying the force mainly with the one hand on the pommel and your body weight.

The force from your secondary hand is negligible and is mostly used to stabilize vertically and aim the dagger.
>>
>>35116752
JFC, have you never touched a knife, anon? The guard is for keeping your fingers from slipping onto the blade, not exerting force through.
>>
>>35116777
>The force from your secondary hand is negligible

>>35116782
Have you ever touched a dagger? The rondel has a round guard specifically to make it easier to exert force upon.
>>
I have a BSc degree in sound technology. Mainly production but still.

What could I do in a British force? I'm thinking navy. I always wanted and dreamed of being RAF but I was in a rebellious stage when my parents tried to send me to a military college. I'm single and have nobody to leave behind. Though I'd be leaving a job paying the equivalent of $27,000 a year working only 4 day weeks and yearly £500 raises with good reviews.

Any advice? I just want something with more purpose than sitting at a desk for 12 hours and watching the war ships sail out of port.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-23-17-27-54.png (447KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-23-17-27-54.png
447KB, 1080x1920px
>>
>>35114570
marines wont take you

unless they changed policy in the past few years

army will, dont know about the rest
>>
>>35114588
This for the most part. If you don't want to be in the military just to be in the military I've heard a lot of people say "this isn't what I signed up for, I wanted to do military stuff". Not sure what they were expecting. If you're not motivated to do stuff that might seem menial you'll probably end up being a shit bag and spend years wanting to get out. Pretty sure most branches will take a GED if you got some college credits along with it. >>35114584 Obviously you haven't got a GED. It's suppose to be as good as a high school diploma in theory / legally. In practice a lot of people look down on it thinking it's easier to get than a high school diploma even though it's a bit more difficult since high schools often have funding tied in to their performance statistics to pass people that might otherwise be failing while GED's tend to charge people up front to take so they haven't got as much of a vested interest in passing people to get rid of them so they don't drag their performance scores down.
>>
>>35116513
>i did a thing so it's easy for anyone to do that thing

your business clearly isn't in critical thinking
>>
>>35117012
Do it mate. Navy is good because sailing to other places is always a good time, and it's a very tech-based branch, so you'll likely learn some useful skills while you're at it. Plus you Brits have a couple new carriers coming along, and from what I hear the Royal Navy is a competent, well trained and organized force to be a part of.
>t.Yank Navy
>>
>>35117441
It's not about it being higher or lower education. Having a high school diploma means you were able to show up repeatedly and perform a task. That's why they let retards go to highschool and get a certificate for attendance. It will show Walmart they are dependable enough to show up and bag groceries.

The military has done it's research and GED holders are at greatest risk of going UA or getting discharged for stupid shit. That's why the more selective branches don't even want to bother.
>>
>claims to have a three digit iq
>can't do his own due diligence
>couldn't finish high school

Yeah, no
>>
>>35114570
IQ means nothing. They're gonna laugh at you if you bring up your IQ.
>>
>>35117738
Same happened to me though. But I went to college for two years before I signed up.

t. Software engineering consultant
>>
>>35117491
Hmmm thanks for the response. Yeah I'll look into it, I'll see what positions are available and what I lean towards. Cheer.
>>
>>35114599
Good luck getting a good job with no connections in ny and California with out a degree.
Not that anon but I'm in ny and I have an associates and am getting my bachelors.
> Only worked blue collar jobs
>worked 48 plus more hours a week
> Make only 2 bucks more then the fucks who work at stop and shop busting my ass
Blue states have this concept that companies don't train you train your self there is no loyalty to employees you have to fucking break your ass for even the most basic of jobs..
>>
>>35114608
are you stupid most personal business fail with in the first 4 years.
Also to start in a blue state is hard because of population density.
High population density means there are already large players who can and will crush the fuck out of you I have seen it with farms and organic plants.
>>
>>35116513
it depends where you are ...
People from low population red states don't understand the intensity of competition in high pop blue states.
We literally have thousands of top tier plumbers and electricians who have been in the trade for 20 plus years and are established.
Its expected that when you start you are close to their level of expertise which means many years of low paying apprenticeships and certifications.

Red states will never understand the intensity of competition in urban blue states.
>>
>>35118417
its not up to the employer to improve your skillset. thats up to YOU.
>>
>>35118454
I mean fuck to be a teachers aid that makes only 32k where I live you need a 4 year degree .
to be an actual teacher you need a 4 year degree in a given field and a masters in childhood education and some certifications.
>>
the world needs ditch diggers too
>>
File: Doubt.png (85KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
Doubt.png
85KB, 492x280px
>>35114570
>120 IQ
>Willingly join the army
>>
>>35118467
Bullshit.
The greatest generation was provided on the job training for something called company loyalty.
There was a sense that the corp took care of you and you took care of it.
Ex frank might drink on the job but he was a god damn great welder and got shit done so you overlooked it.
Ex You gave miller an aptitude test and saw he was fucking great at math so you put him through school and gave him a contract.

Hell people actually used to get pensions.
>>
>>35118482
hey man I know a few nursing students who did it so they could get that money for med school...
Its like becoming a hooker to pay for college some fat old fuck flashed money infront of your face ...
You don't want that dick inside of you but you cant refuse the money
>>
also 4 year stem degrees generally don't mean shit any more you need masters to be really competitive in the job market in big cities.
>>
>>35114600
Not true OP, I have a GED and am going to MEPS Tuesday for Airforce, intel/cyber as well. You just have to do well enough on ASVAB and your good to go
>>
>>35118486
This
>>
>>35119725
yep I have been arguing that the demand for entitlements only exist because corps started treating every one like shit in the 80s who wasn't the ceo.

I mean why the fuck should I be invested I'm my job if I'm treated as a fucking cleanex that's tossed aside.

Of course people will demand reduced price education and healthcare benefits because that used to be provided.
Also the fact is people weren't drug tested back then , given that at that time alcohol consumption per individual was much higher as was alcoholism its very hard to say the modern zero day tolerance policy on substances is realistic or even good.
>>
>>35116802
But in this knifes case the pushing force is done by the hand better to do it, the free hand.
Either get better at reading comprehension, or googling, nigger
>>
>>35119833
don't forget most daggers were meant to be used in binds and other grappling techniques in the period. look up blood and iron hema.
>>
File: De_Fechtbuch_Talhoffer_169.jpg (1MB, 2800x1960px) Image search: [Google]
De_Fechtbuch_Talhoffer_169.jpg
1MB, 2800x1960px
>>35119833
The dagger's pushing force is from the hand which is wielding it, like every other weapon in the world. I don't know how retarded you have to be to assert that the primary pushing force was by hammering at the bottom of it with the off hand. Look at any other picture of a competently made rondel dagger and you'll find that they have wide guards for the hand to press upon.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.