[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Califag here. I have a really stupid question so please bear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 925981.jpg (122KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
925981.jpg
122KB, 880x660px
Califag here. I have a really stupid question so please bear with me. If I were to hypothetically drive to Arizona for the sole purpose of getting some 30-round magazines would I run into any issues? I just want to make sure that I wouldn't be asked for an ID and denied for being a California resident. Not that I'm trying to bring any contraband back into this glorious communist state.
>>
>>35113505
No, not unless they see your CA plates or get a lot of CA foot traffic and want to cover their ass.

It's one hundred percent legal to purchase a magazine legal in your home state for an out of state shooting trip so long as you dispose of the mag afterwards, which I'm sure you'll absolutely do :^)
>>
>>35113505
I totally have not done this exact thing in Nevada and PA. They almost never ID you for mag purchases, especially if you pay cash. I definitely did not buy some at that one big sporting goods store in NV, Scheels or something?
>>
>>35113505
Well it's a terrible idea now that this is in your internet history.
>>
>>35113542
commiefornians go home reeee
>>
>>35113542
>>35113534

Interesting, anons. I'll be visiting Phoenix next week, which is about 3 hours from the border with California. Which is a good store to visit along the way where a good Arizona resident might be able to purchase magazines without the hassle of showing their ID? This is all hypothetical.
>>
>>35113542
I have bought normal magazines at Scheels during trips to NV, but they were left behind in NV. They will happily sell them to you.
>>
>>35113587
>left behind in NV
Heh
>>
Well, mister, I'll tell you what you *shouldn't* ever do...

The next time you're in Vegas, definitely don't stop by Gun Garage, which is on Dean Martin Boulevard right across I-15 from the Luxor. Make sure not to look for their magazine section, which is behind the counter and to the right of the register. Definitely do not pay for everything in cash. When they ask you for your name as you check out, definitely do not politely refuse (They'll take no for an answer; they'll just tell you that you can't return your magazines then. It's their way of letting you know that if you mean to illegally import these magazines into California, they don't want you coming back with them.) Definitely do not make sure to ditch your receipt and the packaging the mags came in so that on the off-chance you do get stopped, you don't have any printed evidence on you that says you bought them post-ban. Make sure not to keep them out of sight, buried deep in your suitcase, and to be paranoid about doing the speed limit and not running red lights on your way home. Then make sure you don't put them in a locked ammo box in your room where they'll be hidden out of sight.

Make sure to not do any of those things, okay?
>>
>>35113583
hi atf
>>
>>35113505
No. I've done this several times and always gotten away scott free.

>>35113534
>want to cover their ass.

Cover their ass from what? Californian state police crossing the border and arresting them for breaking the law in a state they don't even live in?
>>
https://tips.fbi.gov/
>>
>>35113803
>don't have any printed evidence on you that says you bought them post-ban

Doesn't matter anymore. Last time I checked you can no longer have standard magazines regardless of when you purchased them.
>>
File: 1495956073074.jpg (367KB, 1790x1640px) Image search: [Google]
1495956073074.jpg
367KB, 1790x1640px
>>35113505
>>
>>35114739
>FBI
>Giving a shit about what some autismo state wants to enforce

Lol!
>>
UPS lets you have a package held at a UPS store or other designated "safe place" like truck stops. It's partly to combat the whole niggers stealing your box of dragon dildos off the porch while you're at work thing.

Anyway you can buy mags cheap online, pick a gunstore to use as the address then once you get the tracking number, have the package held at a UPS store in whatever city you plan to go to. You can also do this for ammo. Also nobody in neighboring states are likely gonna care, because how do they know you don't have a second house there in Pheonix or Vegas or where ever?
>>
>>35114734
Didn't San Fran DA basically do exactly this to a couple online stores that were selling kits to restore 30 round mags to regular capacity. One of the dudes lived in Alaska where his business license and all that shit was, he had no ties to CA, yet the DA was still actively going after him.
>>
>>35113803
And definitely DO NOT EVER NEVER EVER NEVER buy riveteded 10/30 mags and use illegal tools to illegally remove said rivets! You'd be a felon!
>>
>>35113505

Breaking the law is bad and you make all gun owners look bad when you do it. That said, aren't old "high capacity" mags that you owned before the ban still allowed? It would seem that if you had older steel/aluminum mags that would be the safer bet than buying PMAGs or something.
>>
>>35113548
Yeah. It a real shame that this board is not anonymous and that this tread will last forever as well.
>>
>>35114756
I can see how that would fall under the purview of California's commerce regulations if you offered to ship to and from California.

But you could probably set up shop right on the border of California and specifically advertise 30-round mags, as long as you didn't do anything that would be on the books in California.
>>
>>35114852

Hypothetically what tools would I have to make sure never to use so that I would not break the law?
>>
>>35115407
you wouldnt want to drill them out with any old electric drill or grind them out with a dremel
>>
You guys do know that there's a manufacturing date on every single pmag? One that gets imprinted in the plastic at the bottom? That would show said magazine was manufactured post-ban? Surely you're all aware of this fact and I'm just being an idiot.
>>
>>35116940
good thing I keep a toolbox in my truck
good thing there's a file or two in the toolbox
>>
>>35113505
I live in MD and buy all my mags in PA, but that technically is completely legal since the law doesn't ban possession of standard capacity mags here.
>>
>>35116940
also newer GI mags have what appear to be date/batch codes on them. Not that a little bondo and some paint wouldn't hide that, but...
>>
>>35114740
That law was barred from going into effect. You can still legally have them for now.You just can't use them or get any more.
>>
>>35117300
I mean, let's be honest, if the prosecutor really wants to get you, they'll just dig into your finances and travel. They'll make a case. But that takes manpower, effort, and time. Things usually reserved for bigger cases or for people they really need to nab with charges.
>>
>>35116940
You can repair mags that were pre ban. Have to prove you didn't have a mag pre ban which was fixed with new parts.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.