[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beretta 92 Series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 12

File: 92brigadier_listing0011.png (29KB, 226x226px) Image search: [Google]
92brigadier_listing0011.png
29KB, 226x226px
So I'm thinking about picking up a M9 Beretta but before I make the purchase I wanted to inquire about the 92 brigadier. Is it worth the price bump? I've held the M9A3 and while nice I don't want to drop the additional cash.

Brigadier owners can you jump in here and tell me about your experience and if I should pick one up over the plain jane model?
>>
>>35112991
M9 and 92fs can't night sights
M9a1 can
Brigadier is thicker
Thicker is bad for shoving in pants
I like my m9a1 but I have large hands
Do you have large hands?
>>
>>35113042
Not really. The regular 92 feels fine in my hand but I was wondering about the increased thickness of the brig along with the hogue grip.

Does the brig set up really make it that much more durable or is it just added weight for recoil reduction?
>>
>>35113085
Unless you have Sasquatch hands like me, you're going to have a bad time getting to any of the controls, and holding the thing comfortably in general.
>>
>>35112991
Unless you have huge hands go with Wilson Combat/VZ Ultra Thin grips. Feels great.
>>
Anyone ever try one of those police trade-in 92S that Bud's has? Other than the fruity location for the magazine release, they look bretty gud.
>>
>>35113234
$300 for an obsolete 92S makes no sense when you can get a brand new 92fs for $470 right now.
>>
>>35113285

How is something that goes bang when you feed it 9mm ammo ever "obsolete?"
>>
unless you have a basis for comparison, you probably won't notice the difference the beefier slide makes, it isn't really that significant anyways.

the brig slide is nice to the have the dovetail front sight.

if you really want a nice beretta, look for a vertec, the grip profile is much nicer than the humpback 92FS grip profile, much easier to grip and easier to reach the decocker.
>>
>>35113341
Certain parts necessary to the design are no longer made by the manufacturer. The manufacturer no longer warranties the gun. It lacks a firing pin block, so it doesn't meet modern drop safety standards. Old design is not 100% reliable with modern hollow points.
>>
>>35113341

its not obsolete per se, but it's been outmoded several times over there is no reason to get one other than nostalgia and a very modest price difference, when the 92FS has outclassed it in every way possible for 30-odd years.
>>
>>35113085
>Does the brig set up really make it that much more durable or is it just added weight for recoil reduction?

There's no measurable proof that the Brig slide is actually more durable. It's only working on the presumption that there's more material so it's less likely to crack. Given the very few reports of slides cracking, it's more like a security blanket for those that are seeking durability and an uncommon feature for bragging about on Beretta forums.

There's no noticeable change in recoil compared to the regular slide design and if that was your goal, you'd consider changing the spring and the ammo type will yield a far better result.

Honestly, the only real reason to get a Brig slide is because you think it looks cooler.
>>
>>35113285
>brand new 92fs for $470 right now.

What? Where???
>>
File: IMG_0013.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0013.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>35112991
Love my 92a1
>>
>>35113390
>if you really want a nice beretta, look for a vertec, the grip profile is much nicer than the humpback 92FS grip profile, much easier to grip and easier to reach the decocker.

That's subjective and varies from shooter to shooter.

I've tried the Vertec style grip and I thought it feels weird. It makes the gun feel top-heavy in my hands. I actually prefer the standard grip size.
>>
>>35112991
You should look into getting getting a 92A1 (or even the M9A1) instead. It has more features which you might find more useful.
>>
File: Langdon M9.jpg (55KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
Langdon M9.jpg
55KB, 1000x600px
>>35112991

I was thinking about getting the Langdon M9 when it comes out.

Steel Trigger and trigger spring
"D" Hammer spring
Gen-3 locking block kit (surpasses Mil-Spec standards)
"G" conversion kit (safety decocks only).

Sells for $700.

On the downside its a Budsgunshop exclusive

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/langdon-m9/

Thoughts?
>>
>>35113732
You can get the Type-G conversion kit for $55 and the Steel trigger/D-spring kit for $23 straight from Beretta. All newer 90-series pistols already have the Gen-3 locking block, but if you want one those, the block/spring kit is also available for $35.

I mean, I guess it's nice for a new gun that already comes with everything already on it. But is it worth passing up a good deal on a used one and throwing $80 in parts on it? I don't think so.
>>
>>35113824

That had occurred to me as well.

I'd imagine the installation would be pretty simple. Just pop them in and reassemble right?
>>
File: 851245807985103641.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
851245807985103641.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>
>>35113837
If you've got the tools and you're not a moron, it's pretty simple. There's actually a video on YT of somebody doing the Type-G conversion. The steel trigger you can replace while doing the previous operation and the D-spring takes like 2 minutes total.
>>
>>35113876

>If you've got the tools

That could be an issue.

>and you're not a moron

That could also be an issue, stripping down my Ruger Mark III gives me trouble.
>>
>>35112991

Is it possible to get a 92 or M9 that has a rail and doesn't have that damned lawyer bullshit inscribed on it?
>>
>>35113949
Watch this video and decide if it's too much for you (start at 7:50):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw21jjWZHZo
>>
>>35113959
Nope. All models with a rail have the warning on it.
>>
>>35113983

Looks kind of tricky, I think I'd rather pay Beretta to do it for me.

I'm not confident I have the tools I need and I'd be pretty nervous doing it. I could probably pull it off; but I could see myself fucking up my gun.
>>
File: 92Sad.jpg (5KB, 100x66px) Image search: [Google]
92Sad.jpg
5KB, 100x66px
There's used 92S's going for $280 to $320 that are Euro police turn-ins that supposedly were refurbished in Baretta's Italian factory. The mag release is the grip heel type, but the quality is excellent. Check J&G in Prescott.
>>
>>35114000

That's horrible. I'm not big into tacticooling; but I do like to mount a light for home defense.

Could a gun smith mill a rail onto a M9 frame or maybe just mill the lawyer speak off a frame with a rail? I really hate that garbage, particularly on a gun as pretty as the 92/M9.
>>
>>35112991

Beretta Guy Here:

Im going to sleep, but I'll chime in. Depends on what you want it for. Brig has better durability, but is slightly less fun to carry. Get a 92A1 or M9A1/3 if you want a rail. 92FS is better than an Italian police trade in 92S. Blah blah blah PX4 sucks, Taurus sucks excluding older PT92s. CZ is okay but Beretta is objectively better and not made by meth heads for meth heads. Suck a duck goodnight.
>>
>>35114022
It'd be easier to just scour and refinish the gun than mill rails on the frame.
>>
File: 1497331907821.jpg (61KB, 406x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497331907821.jpg
61KB, 406x480px
Glockfag here. Got a 17 as my first gun, but starting to see the true light that is the DA/SA trigger. Thinking about trading the 17 for a 92 eventually.
>>
>>35113664
Buds has them for $470. Various other places have them for just over that.
>>
>>35114141
Try shooting a 92 before taking the plunge. Glawkbabbys/strikerfags are usually the worst at adapting to the idiosyncrasies of the gun. 1911fags are pretty bad, too.
>>
>>35114141

I bought a 17 as my first handgun and ended up trading it in on a P30L.

Now I'm getting the itch for a metal framed DA/SA, considering an M9A1 myself. Gotta go rent one, along with a P226 and CZ Shadow 2 before I make any decisions though.
>>
>>35114141
Can someone explain what's wrong with the Glocks as opposed to something like a M9?
>>
>>35114258

Nothing.

Its down to personal preference.
>>
>>35114248

Yeah, I'm kinda torn between a 92 and P226 ATM. Need to test-fire a P226 to really start thinking it through. Sig's uneven QC is a little concerning, but I can always chew their customer support out and return it to the factory if I get a dud.

>>35114258

Don't really like Glock triggers, even with the 3.5lb connector.
>>
>>35113085
It's soft shooting to where I don't see the point in the hogue grips. I paid out the ads for Wilson combat grips and love them but they came in a package labeled VZ Grips. They're just vz grips.
>>
>>35114148

Why is the A1 $200 more? I can't imagine the rail is worth two Benjamins.
>>
>>35114003
Let me just say that the D spring installation is NOT fun if your lanyard loop is held in with a rollpin.

Most M9s have a proper pin that's super easy to push out, but the Italian 92FS, the M9A1s, and possibly some of the newest M9s have a roll pin that needs to be hammered out with a punch instead, and you're very likely to fuck up your frame if you don't have a reliable way to clamp the gun in place.

Seriously, if you prefer a new gun either way, the Langdon model is actually a smoking deal and saves you a lot of work and risk if you're not the handy type.
>>
Can these fucking generals just die already, glock's consistent trigger is vastly superior to a cucked da/sa. Glock 19 is a better carry gun than a 92fs any day of the week. Glock doesn't have a cucked safety on the slide. Beretta is shit
>>
File: 13585.jpg (76KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
13585.jpg
76KB, 1000x665px
I have a taurus pt92af that I really like. Truth be told, it doesn't like light loaded ammo, but I've only put a couple hundred rounds through it. Couple hundred more then I'll decide whether or not to out a lighter recoil spring in. Trigger is great, fit is good. Finish is maybe not spectacular given the barrel wear I've already seen, but whatever.

Big thing is that the pt92s don't have any plastic in them (other than potentially the grip of course) while beretta went to some plastic parts including a plastic guide rod.

I'd take a picture of it, but it's at the pawn shop with my ar right now.
>>
>>35116284
fuck off with your plastic bullshit
>>
>>35116292
oh yeah AND the safety is mounted on the frame rather than the slide. For better or worse. I can reach it easily and I don't have particularly large or small hands. Handling the weapon is pretty easy in general.
>>
>>35116301
enjoy having to pay extra for a special kit just so you can have no safety

Glock comes with no safety standard because it's marketed towards smart people who don't need a safety to babysit them
>>
Own one
My hands are normal sized yet they fit just fine with the hogue grips for firing. It does forced you to break grip for the magazine release and slide stop.
I picked it up for the removable front sight, but I've come to appreciate the grip profile.
>>
>>35116325
I leave the safety off, decocked. Is the issue that you might accidentally turn in on safe before a critical moment? Besides, it's not like I'm actually carrying this big ass motherfucker
>>
>>35116292
>pawning stuff you plan to keep

I don't care HOW poor you are, that shit is stupid. You gave up your means of defense, you stand to lose them for good if you don't scrounge up the cash in time, and on top of that, you have to pay interest on what's already yours.

You're literally throwing money away and making yourself poorer. Stop digging yourself into a hole, you fucking dumbass.
>>
>>35116080
Beretta Guy Here:

The A1 has interchangable sights, a rail, thicker slide/frame, and a recoil dampening metal insert to reduce frame wear. Worth the 200 over having to use a plastic rail aftermarket attachment. That said, for many a M9A1/3 would probably be the best choice.
>>
>>35116364
>hurr durr I'm not even carrying it

exactly my point. beretta is hot garbage in the carry department. home defense/duty sure it's fine(not as good as sig tho)
>>
>>35116292
It's still a piece of shit.
>>35116292
Literally a non issue. The safety detent on a 92 is stiff enough to prevent accidental activation even with the most ham fisted of users. Not to mention if you must carry with the safety on your thumb can still easily reach it to switch from safe to fire. You can't realistically do fire to safe without big hands, but I doubt you even need to
>>
>>35116402

>not as good as sig tho

At least you can drop a Beretta.
>>
>>35116292
Beretta Guy Here:

The PT92 is simply an old Beretta, made on the same machines, and at first, by the same people. QC and new employees have resulted in lower quality in the PT92 line, to the point that I now believe they should be relegated to range duty.

As for the Berettas, they use a metal base with a polymer coat. I don't really like it either, so I've replaced the trigger and safety grouping with metal replacements, made by Beretta. The plastic guide rod was designed at the request of the US military, as a bent rod may impair the function of the gun but a grunt will still try to use it, while a plastic rod will have a clear works/doesn't work indicator. I personally like the plastic captive rod because you don't need to worry about messing with the spring.
>>
>>35116368
oh please. I'm waiting on my first paycheck at a new job and rent was due. I'll get them back in a week and I paid a $20 fee on $400 so 5%. Besides I still have my 10/22 lol.
>>
>>35116429
both are shit anyways get a p226
>>
>>35116364
Beretta Guy Here:

Grunts would rack overhand and it would engage the beat up safety mechanism, usually because they weren't gripping the slide properly. If you use the slingshot method, you will never have this problem. I wouldn't recommend the overhand method because it relies on your grip strength and health of the safety mechanism, and people usually fumble when they get scared.
>>
>>35116437
anyway, I'd rather go to a pawn shop than a bank if possible. I trust pawn shops with my money and collateral more than banks. Much easier process to boot. In and out in 10 min, no credit check, 5-8 percent interest, and just a signature and a receipt.

It was a toss up between the handgun and my ps4 and I'm real close to beating dark souls 3 and obviously can't afford range time right now.
>>
>>35116468

Sigfags. Not quite as annoying as Glockfags, but they're working on it.
>>
>>35116485
Berettafags. Don't suck off their company's executive board as much as Glockfags, but they're working on it.
>>
I think I'd really want a CZ 75 compact to carry if I was going to buy a metal frame carry weapon
>>
>>35116325
Gee, i wonder what's this thing called glock leg....
>>
>>35116468
Beretta Guy Here:

My wife has a 226, they're good guns, but overpriced for what you get. Supposedly QC had been getting spotty lately.
>>
>>35116468
>Over priced under performing rust magnet
Nah
>>
Beretta 92 in .45/10mm when?
>>
>>35116519
>not trusting the company that won the army contract
>>
>>35116532

>talks shit about Beretta
>implies Sig is infallible because they won the army contract

Really makes you think.
>>
>>35116523
never. locking block is too shit to handle either of those cartridges
>>
>>35116546
Beretta got tossed aside by the army for a reason: it was shit and they wanted something better. Sig is the future now, old man.
>>
>>35116511
at least the wife knows what a good gun is while her faggot husband still carry's spaghetti shit
>>
>>35116506
get a glock 19 you czech cuck
>>
File: Beretta6.jpg (206KB, 962x745px) Image search: [Google]
Beretta6.jpg
206KB, 962x745px
>>35112991
I have a 92FS. I love my 92FS, but in all reality I wish I had gotten an M9A1. In 2017 not every gun needs to have a rail, but every pistol should have night sight capability.

I won't give my 92FS up though. I even just got a SilencerCo barrel for it.
>>
>>35116561
>NEWER IS BETTER

Pretty sure we only just replaced one lead-thrower for another. Just wait until all the bitching about under-performing Sigs starts after they're beat to shit like the M9's.
>>
>>35116580
Beretta Guy Here:

She's thinking of replacing it with an HK. Anyways, have fun with your witless rage trolling.
>>
>>35116668

This. If Beretta had taken the competition seriously and came up with a redesign that could use M9 magazines, they'd have gotten the contract hands down.
>>
File: into_the_trash.gif (2MB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
into_the_trash.gif
2MB, 580x433px
>>35116580

>carry's
>>
>>35116702

What is the contract loss going to do to Beretta I wonder? What was it, a 30-year stretch with the US military? Is Beretta now in danger, or did that big popularity mean enough civilian influence to maintain the company for a while?

Does any official agency still use the M9 or 92FS?
>>
>>35116807
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_92#Users

they'll probably be okay
>>
>>35116830
I suppose they may have the same popularity among vets as the AR does also, so their market theoretically shouldn't shrink for atleast a couple decades.
>>
>>35114042
>made by meth heads for meth heads
?

>>35116402
> beretta is hot garbage in the carry department
Sure if you're some kind of manlet who cant CCW a full size handgun without printing

>not as good as sig tho
How so
>>
>>35114042
>CZ is okay but Beretta is objectively better and not made by meth heads for meth heads.

Hey, asshole. I got some trigger time with a CZ75 this year and I liked it as much as my 92FS.

>Buying into company rivalries
>>
>>
File: IMG_2010.jpg (692KB, 1600x1218px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2010.jpg
692KB, 1600x1218px
>>35114042
>>35117511
Both are good.
I prefer the flatter grip front of the beretta but otherwise, no preference.
>>
>>35118055
>SP-01
That's what I got to shoot, both suppressed and not. I can see why those are popular. If I didn't have my 92 I would have gone out and bought one.
>>
>>35116477
>. I trust pawn shops with my money and collateral more than banks.
You really shouldn't.

Guy who has had his pawned items temporarily lost by pawn shops twice here.
>>
>>35116284
>glock's consistent trigger is vastly superior to a cucked da/sa
and any given 1911's trigger blows the glock's away. so put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.