[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what exactly happened with this stuff? Ive never tried it,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: XFL4OZBC.jpg (79KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
XFL4OZBC.jpg
79KB, 800x520px
So what exactly happened with this stuff?

Ive never tried it, but a few years back everyone swore it was the next best thing since lingerie and now it seems to be universally hated like herpes

What happened?
>>
>>35112773
I still like it. I never got the memo that it sucks now
>>
>>35112789
Well I just remember reading alot of random comments that it sucks but I dont know why.
>>
>>35112773
It gums up badly in cold weather, and pretty much anything is better than it
>>
>>35112821
Then why was the hype so huge? Is there proof that its inferior to most lines?
>>
>>35112831
yeah i dont have it but theres some pic floating around with lots of washers coated with various c's, l's, or p's and frog lube did fucking aweful
>>
Went the same way as crisco-gate
>>
So what is a good CLP to use? What do you guys recommend?
>>
>>35112773
People found out its just track lube with scent added
>>
>>35112773
It was repackaged roller coaster grease sold at a signifitcant markup, which in part funded their aggressive marketing campaign. The fell off the radar following the fireclean/crisco controversy a few years ago.
>>
>>35112773
Literally just coconut oil with green die
>>
I got a sample with my old LH9 (which was apparently treated from the factory which it) and I also bought a the smallest bundle they had.

It did gum up pretty bad. Then I stripped the factory coating and followed the instuctions to apply what I bought. It would work fine, but then would gum up on colder days (like 40-50).

I stripped it and just went back to m pro 7 stuff (I don't care if people call me a mall, ninja. I like it, and I usually get them for cheap) with no malfunctions relating to lubrication. I gave the paste away, but I kept the solvent as a back up in my car since I don't have smaller m pro 7 bottles. The paste smelled really nice though.

If you google, you'll find people also having gummy issues, as well as it going rancid (it is coconut based oil basically. Rebranded track lube).

I bet a whole lot of people bought it thinking it was the magic lube that you apply once and forget for years, just needing to wipe down after shooting. I bet most people shoot only enough that wiping down is actually sufficient cleaning.
>>
>>35112847
The process for that was basically coat a bunch of washers in a number of products then blast the board with a water spray. Not exactly what I would call a rigorous procedure.
>>
>>35112883
seems valid for testing rust presentation. Not so much lubrication or cleaning though, which shit like frog lube heavily advertise.
>>
>>35112773
I like it as a general wipe down but not actual lube.
>>
They tell you to wipe the surface lube off all the internals in cold weather, which is not an uncommon practice. People don't want to follow their directions so it sucks
>>
>>35112911

If your shit can't protect from rust, you shouldn't use it.
>>
>>35112992
Defense is always RTFM, but they never had this instruction when I bought it. I know they "reformulated" their shit a few times though.
>>
>>35112821
By cold weather you mean room temp
>>
>>35112773
>what happened?
Somebody finally left their basement and exposed it to temperatures below 40*F, at which point it turned into a sticky sludge and gummed up the gun.
>>
>>35113008
It does tho. I sweat on my gun all day IWB, and it stays on the bathroom counter when I take a shower every day. No rust
>>
>>35112861
CLP
>>
>>35113069
Bullshit. I took a class in January in near freezing temperatures and this didn't happen
>>
>>35112861
You should use separate products for cleaning and lubing. Anything that's a good lubricant is a shitty solvent, anything that's a good solvent is a shitty lubricant.

If you absolutely insist on one product to clean, lube, and ""protect"", Break Free is the least shit of them.
>>
>>35113098
I bought a bottle when it first came out. It had noticeably different viscosities between room temp, just-fired hot gun (it would literally melt and run out of the gun), and fall-day cool. It literally turned into a waxy solid below 40*F.

They did reformulate it at least twice between initial release and now, as well as add in several other products under the same brand, so maybe they actually fixed the issue or at least mitigated it.
>>
File: fat man eating frog lube.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
fat man eating frog lube.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>35112773
>So what exactly happened with this stuff?
You ate it all
>>
>>35113128
My experience has honestly been that it stays put in hot weather (I shoot mostly outdoors here in Texas), and that it works fine above, but close to, freezing. At freezing or below I would wipe off all the surfaces like they recommend
>>
>>35112861
mobile 1
>>
It's literally coconut oil dyed green with mint scent.
>>
>>35112789
Same here, bought a small tub to rub bolts for long storage with a drop of EWL. Works really well.
>>
>>35113212
This. 5 dollars for a 1 lb tub at auto store. Works good on my Garand, AK, and 1911. Better than milspec in hot and cold weather.
>>
>>35112773
>using coconut oil to lube your guns
ishtygddt
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.