[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Masuer 98k scoping options

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 20170224_212101.jpg (975KB, 4031x625px) Image search: [Google]
20170224_212101.jpg
975KB, 4031x625px
/K/ I'm looking to get more accuracy out of my Israeli 7.62 NATO Mauser 98k but I don't want to bubba it with a drill and tap job. I've seen the Inrange vid on the repro zf-41 scope and mount that is made by numrich but i was wondering if anyone on here has used it or knows of other good non permanent options that don't look like a shitty rail slapped on with set screws.
>>
>>35112334
Non permanent mounts are just going to be a shitty rail with set screws. If you want a solid mount, you will have to drill&tap, there really isn't any other reliable way to do it. Check these guys out, they make very good, solid repro mounts and optics.
http://www.accumounts.com/mobile/german-k98.html
>>
>>35112464
This is awesome thanks. It looks like i can get one of the side rail mounts and use a weaver 1" scope on it.
>>
>>35113295
Just be aware, using non original parts will devalue your gun, and 99% of /k/ will call you a bubba. Having said that, it is your rifle and your money so if it makes you happy, go for it.
>>
>>35112334
>Simple answer
Don't.
>long answer
>>35112464
>>35113496
With the addendum of "you're a fucking monster and a bubba and you're the kind of person who'll sell it in a year or so because shooting is expensive and you need a different hobby but that takes money, so now it's someone else's butchered problem"
>>
>>35112334
RIFLE IS FINE
>>
>>35112334
https://brassstacker.com/mauser/Mauser-See-Thru-Scout-Scope-Mount.html

Only thing I can recommend. Used it on mine and it's very solid and stable.
>>
File: image041.jpg (7KB, 226x170px) Image search: [Google]
image041.jpg
7KB, 226x170px
>>35113550
Its a .308 Israeli rebarrel that I've owned for years, ammo cost is no issue. The whole point of this thread is to find a repro of a authentic German scope mount like the removeable side rail I plan to buy. The last thing I want to do is throw some bubbad scope rings on top of a hastily drilled action, this scope mount will keep it looking like authentic. Besides these Israeli guns are already rebarreled and fucked with back when they where in the armory so its not like its some pristine piece of history.

>>35113581
Thanks, but if I was gonna get a scout scope I'd just get one of the zf-41 repros like in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oNTKnYMfI8
>>
>>35113581
God damn that thing is ugly!
>>
S&K scout scope mounts replace the sight slider with a rock-solid attachment for a scope. They are no-drill and no-tap, so should you ever choose to sell that K98, you will have done no irreversible damage to the rifle.

With a Vortex or Leupold or Nikon scout scope on a K98, you basically have what the Zf-41 proto-DMR setup should've been.

Please don't bubbafuck your Izzy K98.
>>
http://www.thecountryshed.com/s&k_scope_mounts.htm
>>
>>35114055
Those mounts still require the stock to be relief cut
>>
OP here, after doing a bit more research on Israeli Mausers it seems that based on the condition and the fact that aside from the barrel all of the parts match it is way more valuable than i or the guy i bought it from thought. so putting a reproduction German side rail is a no go. The ZF-41 mount doesn't require smithing though. Does anyone know if there are other higher power scopes that will fit in the mount or will i be stuck with a 1.5x repro.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.