[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Build Your Dream SHTF Kit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 838663086.jpg (65KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
838663086.jpg
65KB, 750x500px
In the spirit of the recent storm damages, I've got a hypothetical. Let's say you have $2000 to get your ideal supplies for short-term SHTF. You choose whether you want to shelter in place or make a bug out bag. Assume you already have all the guns/ammo you need - so none firearm's only. What do you buy?

I'd choose shelter in place.

>3 boxes of MREs ($300)
>10 gallons of water ($15)
>LifeStraw ($20)
>Benchmade Griptillian ($185)
>Leathermen Wave ($100)
>Security camera system to put around house ($500)
>Level IIIA vest/carrier ($600)

What is missing?
>>
solar panel or wind powered system. acid and the right scraps for homemade batteries seeds
>>
>>35112142
Oh IDK, meds and hygienics?

Why does everyone forget this shit?
>>
>>35112142
Not nearly enough water. 36 MREs vs 10 gallons? Yeah no. You'll need 2 gallons a day for drinking, plus more for washing and flushing toilets.

Plus wet wipes for washing your ass in humid conditions. Bug spray.
>>
>>35112142
Replace the carrier with a battle belt. Replace the griptillian with an ESEE 6 or similar knife. Get way more water.
>>
File: 1497017786933.jpg (31KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1497017786933.jpg
31KB, 500x501px
>keep my 110l backpack
>keep my 2l waterbag
>keep my 2 tarps
>buy snugpack tent 300$
>buy wool blanket 50$
>buy what i need to set tarps up to catch rainwater 20$
>lifestraw 20$
>rubber water boots 50$
>no rinse body bath 10$
>sleeping pad 100$
>boots 200$
>dave canteburys book 12$
various food items 500$
>the rest in good camo clothing

too lazy to fill the rest of the shit out, get fucked
>>
>>35112142

for 2k, you can easily plan for staying put, as well as making a bug out bag.
>>
File: 636367146994297269-norris.png (238KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
636367146994297269-norris.png
238KB, 540x405px
$2000 open ended one way airline ticket to where ever...
Fuck MRE
>>
>>35112142
Why would you spend money on security cameras instead of just using your fucking eyes and what's the point when you're gunna lose power
>>
>>35112142

>Lifestraw
Enjoy your shitty filtration system.
>>
>>35112142
Not gonna lie i've been thinking about this recently.

I live in a naturally safe part of america but there is the potential for severe earthquakes made even worse by lack of preparation as they are extremely uncommon. A good go could have the area fucked worse than Katrina in the matter of hours with no warning. not to mention aftershocks. All this storm shit has me thinking about my own situation.

thinking:
>very basic supplementary food to compliment typical pantry stores. Focus on enough basic nutrition to support household for 1-2 Mo
>basic medicine. Really only acquiring "fish" antibiotics combined with typical OTC medicine comes to mind
>Having some basic use chemicals on hand at all times might not be a bad idea for disinfectant, etc.
>Basic body armor. Thinking enough to stop typical rifle rounds would be best. carrying armor is an inconvenience, might as well be meaningfully protected.
>Trauma kit.
>ammo store ~500rnds

Id welcome any advice on materials
>>
>>35112232

Yeah fixed blade def the way to go. More water really needed though if its a short term (call it 7-10 days) event? Honestly think I only drink 1 gallon a day right now
>>
>>35112165

Yep, first aid kit definitely needed.

Would include:

>Nasopharyngeal Airway
>Chest Seal
>Needle Decompression Kit
>2 Tourniquet
>2 x Emergency Trauma Dressing
>Gauze
>QuikClot Gauze
>Medic Shears
>Hydrogen Peroxide
>Rubbing Alcohol

Think that about covers it from the medical side.
>>
>>35112390
More water is definitely necessary. You don't just need it to drink, you need it to wash yourself and also for food prep. You don't have to go out and pay for a gallon of it like OP said. everytime you empty a gallon of milk or if you're OK comes in a plastic container instead of paper, wash it out and fill it up with water.
>>
>>35112353
Forget the macho bullshit. Think potable water, like as big a tank as you can carry and a bottle of bleach, and an entire closet fulla toilet paper plus a trowel for digging shitters.

Two hundred rounds will do you fine. You're not laying down suppressive fire in the Sunni Triangle. What kind of rifle do you have?
>>
>>35112894

Windham Weaponry CDI and a Glock 19 for my SHTF kit.
>>
>>35112142
$2000 worth of ramen.
>>
>>35112894
Of course the gay dude us telling people "forget macho shit"
>>
>>35112435
What about an ace bandage, gauze, antibiotics, and large band aids? What about tissue closures like steri-strips and suture kits? All the stuff you have listed is to keep people alive until they get to a hospital which might not exist.
>>
>>35112181
>You'll need 2 gallons a day for drinking
In order to drown yourself?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.