[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bullet for hunting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (310KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
310KB, 1920x1080px
I want to hunt mid-size game (hogs, deer, etc etc) with a AK-47
https://youtu.be/ifml2HAzSd8

>What type of bullet should I use /k/
Hollow, Soft point, or FMJ
>>
>>35111309
Soft point.
>FMJ for hunting
Don't you double nigger.
>>
>>35111309
>mid size game
Soft point, all day every day

>FMJ
Overpenetration, no expansion
>Hollow
Might not penetrate enough
Soft points have worked for hunters for centuries. There's no sense in straying from what works in the sense that "what ain't broke doesn't need fixing"
>>
>>35111309
7.52x39 isn't a round you want for hog.
>>
>>35111325
>>35111346
Yeah, FMJ is silly but I couldn't find a pic of just hollow or soft point

I also want a AK-47 in the rare case a deer or hog runs at me I don't have to draw a side arm
>>
>>35111371
>7.62
but anywho

What would you recommend?
I'm thinking a 12 or 20 guage with slugs, but that's gonna weigh me down
>>
>>35111399
Intermediate cartridges are ok for hogs, just aim for the ear canal.
>>
>>35111462
Your asking for sniper precision, from a AK-47

Maybe a sks or a cz-527, maybe even a dragonov style in 7.62x39

But an AK?
>>
>>35111385
Good thinking. If you have the capability of having a rifle made with modern technology (modern meaning semiautomatic with detachable magazines), there really isn't any reason to go with old technology (like bolt actions, lever actions, etc.) unless you just like them or prefer calibers that your semiautomatic rifle of choice can't use.

Hunters will call it unsportsmanlike to be able to just blast away with 30 rounds of whatever at your target and to be fair that is unsportsmanlike even though most animals will bolt after the first shot. That being said if you aren't hunting FOR SPORT that shouldn't matter.
>hunting for food
>hurr u shudn't use dat semiautomatic
>hiking innawoods and get molested by a pissed off hog or bear
>hurr a bolt action is more sportsemenlike
Damn fudds
>>
>>35111504
Hogs are skiddish, but you don't need to be a mile away to shoot them. It's easy enough to get within 20 yards of them.
>>
>>35111309
Hornady SST works well.

Use it as one would classically use a 30-30 range wise and you'll be fine.
>>
The problem with 762x39 is the rounds aren't really going fast enough for soft/hollowpoints to work as intended. Basically even hollowpoint ammo tends to stay together and act like FMJ. This is why 8M3 was created, regular hollowpoints don't have any type of cuts in the jacket to help with expansion or petals. 8M3 does have those relief cuts to help the jacket expand/fragment.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/tula/100-round-box-762x39-8m3-124-grain-hollow-point-ammo-made-ulyanovsk-cartridge-works-ul0
>>
>>35111513
Well rocks, clubs and flintlocks can still kill a man today
So I never like to a say a gun is "Out-dated"

But bolt guns are better for bigger rounds, unless you got M1A, BAR, Garand or Dragonov money(who does)

But personally, I like a classic 1947 Kalashnikov
>>
File: 1503122652555.gif (44KB, 400x204px) Image search: [Google]
1503122652555.gif
44KB, 400x204px
>>35111537
Sweet
>DIE FUCKING HOGS

kek
>>
>>35111539
More expensive than tula, and maybe a different zero

But I'll look into it
>>
>>35111552
Sweet
I'll have to compare with Hornady
>>
>>35111309
>thought ammochannel put up a new vid
>still dead
Aw man. I hope he just got bored and is going well otherwise, bonded with my uncle by showing him the cast 7.62x39 vid and casting/ reloading with him.
>>
>>35111309
>AK-47

No such thing.
>>
>>35111886
Yes yes yes
We all know, the original AK-47 is Russian early productions and all the spin off are "AKM's"

It's a gun chat room
Dude, I say mag every time someone calls it a "clip" or "Banana clip", but even I'm annoyed at your smart-ass shit
>>
They all suck
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.