[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Counterfeit Items

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20170908_172101[1].jpg (3MB, 2304x4096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170908_172101[1].jpg
3MB, 2304x4096px
Just bought a Surefire X300u-A off of Optics Planet last week, and excitedly opened the package that arrived today. Pretty pissed once I saw the product in the box, its an obvious fake, with improper, non-centered markings and all. Also feels pot-metal light compared to a real one. Packaging was all legit surefire.

I thought I could trust optics planet. Welp.

Have you all encountered fakes before from major retailers? Tell stories plz

Pics of bullshit
>>
File: IMG_20170908_172321[1].jpg (2MB, 2304x4096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170908_172321[1].jpg
2MB, 2304x4096px
At least put some effort into your fakes
>>
File: IMG_20170908_172211[1].jpg (2MB, 2304x4096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170908_172211[1].jpg
2MB, 2304x4096px
>>
File: IMG_20170908_172204[1].jpg (2MB, 2304x4096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170908_172204[1].jpg
2MB, 2304x4096px
Huh, who knew the raillock came in a B variant?
>>
I have an X300-A I bought last year that I still suspect is a fake. I've spoke with Surefire, they asked to email pictures and possibly send it in to see if it's a fake or not but they never replied or gave me an RMA.

That's fucking weird, Optics Planet would be an authorized Surefire dealer, not sure why that would happen.
>>
>>35111253
Luckily mine is so poorly attempted it is easy to see at a glance.

What makes yours seem fake? pics?
>>
>>35111039
The laser etching is tactically off-center. That's by design.
>>
>>35111302
>What makes yours seem fake? pics?

It's not so much as the look but just...everything.
>rockers don't work, pressing the left side rocker foward is the only way to get max brightness
>everything else flickers
>paint on the edge is easy to scratch off with a fingernail
>attatchment components are poorly fitted and do not properly clamp onto rails

I'm pretty sure it's just Surefire being Surefire. As much of a reputation they have, I'm more of a Streamlight person and will probably sell this for a TLR 1 HL. I really dislike Surefire's CS.
>>
Someone bought it off optics planet. Put in their chineese airsoft knock off, then rma'd back to Optics Planet.
Probably saying they ordered the wrong thing.

Optics plant restocked it and you won(lost?) The lottery
>>
>>35114602
This is pretty common and becoming more of an issue. I've seen several instances of people being shipped fake xc1's

>>35111026
Return your product and just buy from surefire or locally.
>>
Interesting you mention this anon, literally watched this video yesterday.

https://youtu.be/d5NPZ8LgLY4
>>
I just buy the cheap UltraFires that use the 18650 rechargeable batteries off of EBay for like 10 bucks each. I use these everyday for work and have had very good luck with them. If your going to get a fake light might as well pay fake prices.
>>
>>35114602
The OpticsPlanet warehouse people must not check the product at all when it gets back. I mean, the first thing you would see on the product is the improper model designation through the plastic.
>>
>>35111039

>expecting Chinks to put effort into anything
>>
>>35114780
I was hoping to pay a little less than full gucci price but fuck me I guess
>>
>>35117143
>assuming they pay warehouse people enough to give more than a quarter fuck.
>>
>>35117282
Its unfortunate that companies dont want to invest in a return department at all. I work in a warehouse and I handle returns all the time and the product I deal with isn't worth enough to count out all the time.

But an x300u is worth a couple days of pay for a warehouse worker (if that) and it would probably be worth checking. I mean, the products in this video >>35115003 could be worth a whole week of work for someone getting paid minimum or close to it, and that's a significant cost to cover.

In addition, people who catch the fakes they receive aren't likely to do business with you anymore. If this is as common as some people say, why not pay a couple warehouse people to check returns? Seems like it would balance out to me.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.