[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Airshit but does anybody have any thoughts on the similarities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 20170907_211242.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170907_211242.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Airshit but does anybody have any thoughts on the similarities between the AK47 and MP44
>>
>>35107941
none whatsoever
what's the point of this thread? To show off your new literal toy?
>>
>>35107954
Well I was hoping to dicuss the prospect of the Soviet union ripping off the design. You know because this is a weapons dicussion board and all
>>
>>35107941
>thoughts on the similarities between the AK47 and MP44
I guess they're both firearms chambered for an intermediate caliber, that's where the similarities completely end.
>>
>>35107974
There's nothing to discuss, that's just how innovation works; someone comes up with a great idea and other people then copy it while making slight improvements and modifications of their own. Then the next big thing comes along and the process starts all over. Progress.
now back to your containment board(s) kiddo
>>>/toy/
>>>/asp/
>>>/v/
>>
>>35107941
First off, you're thinking of the STG44, the sturmgewher 44. The only similarities between the STG and AK is the CONCEPT of a fully automatic, intermediate cartridge rifle to be mass produced, in other words an assault rifle.
>>
>>35107974
First off, back to >>>/asp/ .

Secondly, it's been beaten to death. The MP44 is a tilting-bolt, and the AK47 is a rotating bolt. also, assembly is entirely different. The aesthetic similarities come from a tapered cartridge requiring a curved magazine, and the gas system because it makes more sense to put the piston above the barrel than below it. Perhaps the only argument for theft could be made from the Soviets making an intermediate cartridge inspired by the success of the 8mm Kurz, and they didn't even try it in an automatic rifle first.
>>
>>35108030
What'd they try it in first?
>>
>>35108045
>on /k/ and doesn't know what an SKS is

How far we have fallen
>>
>>35108059
Theres a younger generation that would like to learn more about gun safety and firearm history my dude, also my dad owns an sks I just wasnt aware the gun dated back that far
>>
>>35108081
Best advice would be to not learn any of that on /k/
>>
>>35108059
he's a obviously a noguns newfag from /v/ and probably underage too, considering he thinks the AK and STG are mechanically identical based solely off their appearance and posted a picture of his plastic toy instead of a picture of a real STG. This is his idea of meaningful discussion with the cool kids.
>>
>>35108081
Grab. SKS. Go. Innawoods.

Fucks sake the meme is so old we have patches of it.
>>
>>35108098
Hey man I didnt say anything about mechanical similuraties, and as you saw some guy was kind enough to explain the differences between them. I noticed the external appearence was similar and wanted to know if it ran any deeper then that
>>
Doesn't the AK have more in common with the M1 Garand than it ever did with the STG?
>>
>>35108132
Wouldnt know, last time I ever handled an M1 was when I was 8 and shooting one a retired airborne ranger owned
>>
>>35108129
>I noticed the external appearence was similar
of course you did, because it's such a hard thing to notice yeah?
>and wanted to know if it ran any deeper then that
a google search could've told you that but you didn't even take the time do the most basic of research, you just wanted validation for the intellect you think you have
lurk more faggot, otherwise go away
>>
The Soviets had a habit of copying German IDEAS, not the actual designs themselves, IE:
"Hey, we're getting our shit pushed in by Panzer divisions with mechanized infantry support, let's mechanize ourselves in a similar manner", or "Hey that assault rifle thing works pretty good, and we already have an intermediate cartridge, let's give that some thought", etc. Same thing applies to all the jets the Soviets captured post war.
>>
>>35107941
>AK47

No such thing.
>>
>>35108282
There is though. Whole 3 types of ak-47.
>>
File: timothy-mcveigh.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
timothy-mcveigh.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
>>35108030
>didn't even try it in an automatic rifle first
>he doesn't let tactical crude build up in his bolt
>he doesn't want a full retard fun that can be hidden from the atf using nothing but ballistol
>>
File: 1488094057668.jpg (31KB, 640x287px) Image search: [Google]
1488094057668.jpg
31KB, 640x287px
>>35108432
>>
>>35108315
>whole 3 types of nothing
>>
>>35108132
Yes, Kalashnikov himself said he admired John Garand and borrowed stuff from his M1 rifle for the AK
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.