[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rail mounts for Sig 55x

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

Does anyone have any experience with rail mounts for sig 55x ?

What is the best rail ?

B&T ?
https://www.armamat.ch/fr/SIG-SG550-NAR-Low-Profile-Mount-B-T-14419fr837/

Clawgear ?
https://www.armamat.ch/fr/SG550-Low-Profile-Mount-Base-Claw-Gear-19761fr837/

ICS ?
http://www.onetangodown.ch/fr/weapon-accessories/455-ics-scope-mount-base-for-sig-552-551-550-series.html
>>
File: 2016-01-10_SG551SB.jpg (587KB, 1920x690px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-10_SG551SB.jpg
587KB, 1920x690px
I think I have a SAN SwissArms one (though it's possible it's outsourced and not actually made by them). Let me check if there's any markings on it.

I have no complaints. Does that it should do.

A word to the wise though: do not get the quick detach ones. They tend to get lose and cause wandering zero eventually.
>>
File: Carb1.jpg (2MB, 2048x1351px) Image search: [Google]
Carb1.jpg
2MB, 2048x1351px
Doing some looking around on the net seems to suggest that the exact model from SAN SwissArms which I have doesn't appear to be listed anymore. Back when I got mine, SAN SwissArms was offering more types it seems.

My model has a big screw on the top of the rear of the real to affix the rail solidly. Unlike some mounts like the current B&T production, it is machined in one piece (the front which mates with the receiver isn't a separate piece of steel).

>>35106986
>A word to the wise though: do not get the quick detach ones.

I should probably go into more detail, since SAN SwissArms now calls their a "Picatinny Mount with quick fastener (model 34 558 070)". That one appears fine.
The quick detach ones which I was talking about are kept in place by spring pressure (and sometimes a weak screw). For obvious reasons, that's not a great setup.

>>35106704
>ICS

Isn't that meant for airshit?
>>
File: imageproxy.jpg (88KB, 640x455px) Image search: [Google]
imageproxy.jpg
88KB, 640x455px
Anyone know where to pick up one of these mounts? Apparently SAN used to make them up until a few years ago, but I can't find one online anywhere
>>
>>35107108
>Isn't that meant for airshit?

Yes I have checked and ICS seams to be cheap crap.
>>
>>35107291

this isnt really a mount, it was build with the scope (1976 kern 4x)

aint getting one of these anytime soon, as i still use it here in the militia(pz aufkl)
>>
>>35107656
Ampoint for everybody and magnifier instead of the Zielfernrohr when ?
>>
File: 238946187654.jpg (27KB, 704x470px) Image search: [Google]
238946187654.jpg
27KB, 704x470px
>>35108104
>>
>>35106704
>>35106986

cheers sig lovers. sorry OP , have no experience with the original rail attachements.

i have a 551 german import with welded on 11mm dovetail rail , where the original diopter is clamped on. there are flat picatinny rail adapters for the dovetail rail. this setup would end uo in pretty much the same height as the original picatinny rail screwed and clamped on receiver/diopter.

now i want to upgrade to a 1-6x scope, while keeping the good old original sigths. all this with instant see throug through the scope mount.

cant find scope rings or rails which would elevate the sope above the diopter drum while granting a seethrough only some cheap china crap which i dont wanna use on a real gun. holes in the rings are to low/high/too small etc...

thinking about removing the diopter , but i really hate the thought. im a iron sight and backup sight fan, would be my first scope...

is there a problem with the hooded front sight and low scope mounts on the sigs?

seems like you even have lower co witness with your aimpoint, so no problem with the front sight hood ?

you guys know some produchts which could do this.

maybe therefore i could answer you some different questions about the 55x platform
>>
>>35107656
Ok that's interesting, I have a hendoldt which from my understanding should be able to screw into this mount via standard stanag interface. Here in the US pretty much anything mil issue (except peq15s) is readily available surplus, was this mount/scope only really used by the military/uncommon in civilian gun stores?
>>
http://www.shop.jdifirearms.com/Picatinny-Mount-w-Quick-Fastener-SAN34558070.htm

Thoughts? I'm also on the market for one?
>>
File: HS403A_05.jpg (445KB, 2000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
HS403A_05.jpg
445KB, 2000x1334px
>>35109003
Try a mount like this one.

With a rail and a lower mount for aimpoint it makes a 1/3 co witness
>>
>>35111193
The mount and the scope are normally only exclusive to the military.

Sometimes some are "lost" and end in civilian hands but its not something you can normally buy.
>>
>>35112150
It's a quick detach rail so I don't think it will hold zero really well
>>
>>35113232
cool thanks for explaining, I was wondering why it was so hard to find them on ricardo and green-store
>>
File: IMG_0617-P50.jpg (42KB, 1012x1284px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0617-P50.jpg
42KB, 1012x1284px
>>35112150
>http://www.shop.jdifirearms.com/Picatinny-Mount-w-Quick-Fastener-SAN34558070.htm
>Thoughts? I'm also on the market for one?

The detail pic is the one I have and talked about here >>35106986 & >>35107108
Some of the newer ones I've seen seem to be bimetal (with the part which locks into the front of the receiver being screwed on to the bottom of the rail). I wonder if JDI got older SAN SwissArms stock or if SAN does indeed still make these?

>>35113251
>It's a quick detach rail so I don't think it will hold zero really well

I've had no issues with it. The screw is pretty solid. Doesn't move.
The quick detach ones with the wandering zero did not have the same screw setup.

Pic: CompM3 on a low mount gives a lower 2/3rd cowitness. Ignore the dot size, it's the camera being a bitch.
>>
File: IMG_6359.jpg (2MB, 4026x1870px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6359.jpg
2MB, 4026x1870px
bump
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.