[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How hard is it really to get weapons in Japan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: ninnin.jpg (28KB, 276x400px) Image search: [Google]
ninnin.jpg
28KB, 276x400px
I read the law states "No one shall possess a firearm or firearms or a sword or swords." Obviously theres an exception for hunters, but for anyone else? And do you really have to register swords?
>>
>>35106236
Ridiculously difficult, unless you're in organized crime.
>>
totally illegal. They only have airsoft ranges ffs
>>
>>35106236
You have to be in social clubs and start from shooting small calibers then go up. It takes years and years of experience to get new licenses. Then you add on to the fact you have to do yearly psych evaluations and it gives the police an open invitation to ransack through your shit whenever they feel like it.

Weapons commonly used in kobudo are a bit different being how big of a think martial sports are there. It's still a social joining and licensing thing but it's not like they can tell you which weapons you can have based on your license to have one. They also have a registry for swords much like some of our states have registries for firearms.
>>
What are the criteria for differentiating swords and knives? I'm probably going to nippon sometime in the next few years and I was thinking of splurging a bit and getting something folded 1000x from a traditional forge.
>>
>>35106841
You can carry knives up to 5.5cm without discrimination and can own "big knives" up to 36 cm I believe. The difference between sword and knife is designated by the design of the blade.

It's easier to just buy an antique sword from an approved international dealer than it is to go over there and do all the shit leading up to obtaining one domestically.
>>
>>35106236
AFAIK, the only way to legally get a gun is through a hunting license, which is an extremely tedious process. You can watch vids on youtube about this, there is the one where an idol goes through the whole thing, and there is also that airsoft anime episode when the cas wants to get a license.
Basically, you have to go through costly training classes, then undergo an exam, both a written one and a practical one where you'll be required to shoot clays in a skeet session, and you have to hit them. You obviously need to have no criminal or mental record, and after a load of bureaucratic bullshit and waiting times you'll ultimately get the privilege to own a shotgun. II believe you can only own one and a very limited amount of ammo at home (like 50 cartridges). Both need to be stored in a safe, and the police can and will come to your house uninvited in order to inspect the safe. It seems you can only get shotguns that shoot one round per barrel, so single shot or double barrels only. Although I've seen videos of people hunting with semi-automatics, so I guess those are possible to obtain, I'm guessing the magazines are limited to 2 rounds though, to only allow 2+1 cartridges.
Rifles are completely banned. Hunters used to be able to own single shot rifles up until the 70's but then the sales and transfer of rifles was banned. Meaning that old hunters who got rifles back then still own them, but can't give/sell them to anyone, and it's absolutely impossible for people getting a license nowadays to own a rifle.
Handguns are completely banned as well.
>>
>>35106236
Very.
You have to take the viewpoint less of weapons being restricted and more of weapons being banned with a few exceptions allowed for certain things.
>>
>>35106236
Legally? Next to impossible for Jap citizens, totally impossible for noncitizens.

Illegally? Pretty fucking easy.
>>
>>35107626
>Illegally? Pretty fucking easy.
Let me guess, you go to Kabukicho, walk up to a bunch of guys with blonde hair and pompadours and you go ORAORAORA?
>>
>>35107231
rifles are allowed after you have had a shotgun for 10 years
>>
>>35106635
That might be worth a visit, atleast once anyway
>>
>>35106236
We just had a huge thread on this last week. Long story short, you can't.
>>
Asians despise it when the common man holds power. Don't even bother.
>>
>>35107643
If you know who to talk to and got the cash, it's super fucking easy to get Russian and Chink pistols in Japan, as well as double barrel shotguns, and the nigger tier trash you see put together by machinists trying to make a quick dollar. You also see stuff come from the Philippines moving with the drug trade, logic being 'well I'm already moving enough drugs to be put to the chair, why not go out with a bang' so they'll move a couple Grand worth of pistols they flip the second they make beach.

You don't see gun violence much in Japan though because how fucked the legal system is, and how well kept the mob keeps the lid on things if they ever do even consider using guns which even then a huge financial investment for them.

But despite the legal system being fucked, the police aren't nearly as cucked as say Britbongistan coppers or Kraut Enablers, so you get caught, you're not getting off or away easily.
>>
>>35110104
>If you know who to talk to
That's the hard part
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 294x171px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 294x171px
>>35111268

Mexi/German fag here (U.S. citizen) when I go to Mexico, my family is rich over there. They own a bunch of gas stations.

For that very same reason I feel unsafe and as a kidnap target. When I go there I always buy a gun. Always.

They're rusted and beat to shit but after a little cleaning I end up with a compact 9mm or .380 that works fine.

I have a cousin my age who hooks me up with the contacts, but he himself doesn't do anything illegal. He just knows a couple of low lives here and there.

Same thing should apply in Japan. Eventually someone you befriend will know a guy who's into illegal things and from there it should be smooth sailing.

Just be careful not to get pinched by the cops. Also be careful not to get robbed in doing the transaction. Go to a public place, not a shed by the docks like an idiot.

Have them put the gun in a bag so that you may look inside and inspect it in a public place without letting bystanders see it.
>>
>>35111413
From what I know, it's kind of similar.

You don't really see cops conducting stings on the guys who bring guns into Japan as that is by majority the Yakuza, and that's a good way to let crime get far worse than what it was at the moment without their influence keeping the petty shit being just that.

So you're mostly safe buying one if you can prove you're not going to be a snitch though that will usually end up with you dead and the source if properly connected, sitting high with a slap on the wrist.

It also comes down to what you're going to do with it.

As for getting guns, yeah, it comes down to who you know. Know a guy who sells drugs? He gets them from someone, that someone can point you in a direction, go where he tells you and ask for the person and someone finds you, checks you over and with cash on hand, you can make your choice purchase.

Apparently this is like a 4 to 8 month ordeal though, and doesn't cover buying ammo which is almost as expensive as the gun itself.
>>
>>35111413
Is there a reason to be carrying a gun in Japan though? What are the chances of even needing it there?

if i was a foreigner living there I wouldn't mind having one in my house for some SHTF situation if I planned on living in Japan for years.

But I'd be a little iffy carrying one every day. I carry illegally every day as it is here in Los Angeles but if I ever got caught id go to jail with fellow Americans. Not jailed in a country where nobody speaks my language.
>>
>>35113039

This

>>35114353

Was meant for you

>>35113039
>>
>>35114353
Eh... Kinda?

I've never been there personally but I do know people who have.

It's definitely completely alien compared to the states where you have two kinds of people, the meek and the uncaring.

The US you have all types and colors, so carrying is universally a good idea because we as a people aren't so cucked.

But Japan does have a lot of crime despite what's totted by the media. Primarily sexual assault, sex trade in general, and larceny, but violent crime is a big problem there along with homicide which is something that does happen but if it isn't Yakuza related, it's a off incident that is terrifying for the public. This is kind of where the Yakuza step in, where they allow the small shit to happen to generally foster a controlled crime element that no matter what would happen, but they can keep tabs on to prevent it from becoming say MS13. The people you need to be afraid of are these, the kind who literally don't give a shit because they're outside the law.

The thing is though, in Japan there is an element of where if you keep your head down, play it smart, do as you're told, you will be fine, but just as well, getting involved with violence is a terrible idea because the police will nail you for it, if guns are involved, expect a witch burning even if there is but a shred of evidence that points you out, which they will use because their law and justice system does have a problem of wrongfully convicting people for the sake of bullshit honor. And God help you if you kill someone connected to the Yakuza because they will hunt you down.

So getting a gun definitely is something that you'd only use recreationally if you could and lived in the middle of nowhere.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.