[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

battle belt vs chest rig

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 2uhs3d4.jpg (116KB, 604x805px) Image search: [Google]
2uhs3d4.jpg
116KB, 604x805px
If you could only choose between a battle belt or a chest rig to hold all your mags, sidearm, etc. which would you choose?
>>
File: IMG_0093.png (850KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0093.png
850KB, 960x640px
the chest rig makes getting in and out of vehicles alot easier. Also the belt makes you WAY harder to drag if you're wounded.
>>
>>35105062
I'd choose battle belt.
>>
>>35105062
I'd choose battle belt dont have any real reason other than i feel more comfortable with it senpai
>>
>>35105099
tfw lone ranger so got nobody to drag my wounded ass
>>
>>35105062
i like the idea of having my essentials (IFAK, field knife, comms, up to 4 mags and pistol) in my belt and then put everything else over it in my body armor that i can ditch if needed. That being said, if you plan on using a battle belt, i think suspenders are a must, i wonder why so many people don't run any
>>
>>35105099
>IMG_0093
post more of your aarc pics
>>
>>35105062
I worked construction for 8 years with a belt that could end up weighing upwards of 40 pounds depending on the job. Even on light jobs that shit was still hindering for daily activates. I could climb a ladder, shimmy a ledge, and crawl but doing anything like sitting down or moving fast was a no go. Having everything on a belt is an immobilizing cluster fuck not to mention a fuck all to balance and the center of gravity your body needs to function in real world tasks.

Besides clip and flip pouches are made for this exact reason. So you don't have to wear a belt, but still be able to carry shit like a belt.
>>
>>35105099
>Current year
>Getting wounded
>>
>>35105319
Because wearing suspenders under your armor chafes, and wearing suspenders over your armor means you can't get out of your armor easily.

And everybody that matters wears armor.
>>
>>35105062
Chest rig
>rucksack compatible
>easier when playing around with vehicles
>depending on issued BA a belt might not fit properly
>>
File: 1499383819618.jpg (99KB, 750x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499383819618.jpg
99KB, 750x1024px
>>35105319
well it just really depends how much gear you are running, if it's just a couple mags, ifak, holster, knife, and utility pouch, you might be good without them.
>>
>>35106913
You get that enemy marksmanship badge too. Whats it called again...............

Purple Heart.
>>
i wear both but the belt just holds pistol pouches and grenades as well as a dump and med pouch
>>
>>35107338
That joke was old and lame when I heard it 15 years ago in middle school, and it's still old and lame now
>>
>>35106934
I've worn my H suspenders under my IOTV and plate carriers plenty, never chafed
But I wear my shit tight so I think that factors in
>>
>>35105062
>ZERT fags
fuck off and die
>>
I go up the middle here and run a set of Canadian Pattern 82 web gear; you've got all your shit on your hips, and the weight is distributed pretty evenly, plus you get the neato butt pouch, and that Cold War asthetic.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.