[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for those of you with glocks, specifically the gen4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_4946.jpg (61KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4946.jpg
61KB, 880x660px
Question for those of you with glocks, specifically the gen4 19. Now for the record, I've never had a ftf or issue with my handgun, but every time I disassemble the handgun for cleaning I always notice the spring for the extractor rod always has a tiny gap in it, like it's not seated all the way. Now after I clean the gun and re-assemble it I always seat the spring all the way on the specific part, but every time without fail when I take it apart it always has a tiny gap and not seated all the way.

I hope some of you know what I'm talking about. This is my first gun and I dunno if this is normal or not. Now like I said, I've never had a problem with the gun, but I don't want this to cause future malfunctions.

Pic related, is the part I'm talking about. In the pic the spring is seated all the way, but like I said when I take He gin apart after firing rounds there's always a tiny gap between the full seated position of he spring
>>
File: 15048505302302103690199.jpg (2MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
15048505302302103690199.jpg
2MB, 2160x2160px
>>35104414
Bump. Hold on anon, let me check...
>>
File: 15048509674581176609455.jpg (1MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
15048509674581176609455.jpg
1MB, 2160x2160px
>>35104414
I didn't see any gap. Mine seems to be fitted on pretty tightly.
>>
>>35104414
Why don't you show us your actual Extractor plunger spring so we know what you are talking about
>>
>>35104506
>>35104590
Give me a second I'll take pics
>>
File: IMG_7718.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7718.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>35104590
>>35104614

I am >>35104590

Here is mine from a 17gen4
>>
...waiting for OP to post pics. Wouldn't take so long, but he forgot how to disassemble his slide... Again.
>>
File: IMG_4947.jpg (1MB, 3024x2490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4947.jpg
1MB, 3024x2490px
With gap, this is what it looks like when I take the back plate off to disassemble and clean
>>
File: IMG_4948.jpg (1MB, 3024x2273px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4948.jpg
1MB, 3024x2273px
Without gap, this is how it looks when spring is fully seated and I assemble it like this.
>>
>>35104634
>>35104506
OP here, both of yours are fully seated, but every time I go to shoot and disassemble there's this small gap between the rod and spring
>>
>>35104664
What the fuck is this, a Sasquatch sighting? Get that son of a bitch in focus next time. Anyways, it's probably not a problem super glue + baking soda if you want it to stick.
>>
>>35104414
>every time I disassemble for cleaning

Nigger why are you pulling the plunger rod for routine cleaning

Protip removing barrel and RSA is all you need. Every couple hundred rounds doesn't hurt to hit the backside of the Extractor claw with a brass brush or toothbrush, and maybe the breech face and anything within easy reach like a wipedown of the frame rails and rail cuts in slide, and a good running with paper towel and solvent on feedramp that's literally it

I detail strip every 2k rounds if that

Over time as Carbon fouling and residues build up springs like the plunger spring and FBp spring will stick in to their respective components and that is 100% A ok

One detail strip in particular I pulled spring out of fpb and got fpb all nice and shiny. When I tipped it upside down to go back in slide unbeknownst to me the spring fell out and was laying sideways.

During reassembly function check gun really didn't want to return to battery so I restarted, found my spring problem, re-seated it and here we are another 1k+ down the tube just fine
>>
>>35104686
Do you see what I'm talking about though?
>>
>>35104664
>>35104673
It's fine

That plunger assembly is fully contained between the Extractor claw and end plate, who knows maybe that spring is a 1/128th too short, or it just hasn't gotten dirty enough to stick to the plunger rod

Its fine
>>
>>35104697
If it really triggers your autism just pick up another one for $5 and see what happens to it after you shoot 500-1k rounds and clean
>>
>>35104691
Yep. There's nowhere for that thing to really move though. I don't think it needs to be on there as tight as mine. If you start getting issues extracting, consider replacing that part. I would not worry about it though.
>>
>>35104689
I dunno man, it's my first gun and I'm autistic with taking care of it. Every time
I clean I always take the plunger and firing pin out and run through the plunger space with a pipe cleaner and firing pin space with a q-tip.

I mean I've never had a malfunction with the gun and I've shot now maybe 300 rounds through it, but this plunger spring always has a gap when I disassemble it. Just scared it's going to cause a malfunction.

Should I buy another spring? If so where can I order one?
>>
>>35104697
>>35104702
>>35104710

Thanks, anons
>>
>>35104712
>I've shot 300 rounds
>every time I clean it

Your autism is going to do more damage than live fire ever will and I don't say that to upset you. Overcleaning is going to be more detrimental to the gun than using it and letting it get dirty. There is no reason to be pulling the plunger once let alone multiple times in 300 rounds
>>
>>35104712
Calm down. Eventually you will realize it's a Glock and it will run squeaky clean or absolutely disgusting. The only reason you are cleaning it so often is because it gives you something to do with your new gun. Shoot more, worry less. If you must clean, field strip cleaning is more than enough until you have put a couple thousand rounds through it.
>>
>>35104723
I guess you're right. I'll only shoot a magazine in my backyard and then come back in the house and do a full disassemble and clean. Like I said it's my first gun and I was raised to always take care of my belongings.

But, I'll take your advice.
>>
>>35104737
Being raised to take care of something and not understanding what it means to take care of something are two different things. Especially completely uneccessay "care", for example a detail strip after 15 rounds of ammunition.

A dirty gun and a gun that is neglected are not the same thing.

Don't put any lubrication in firing pin channel, don't put any lubrication in firing pin block recess, and don't lubricate your Extractor or plunger.

The top of the cruicform piece, frame rails, front 1" of barrel, barrel hood/top of chamber are the only components that will need a very light coating of lubrication, and "need" is a very subjective term
>>
>>35104768
OP here
I looked at hickoks tutorial to cleaning his glock. I do not lubricate anything in that area, I just clean with alcohol. The only thing I do is spray the barrel with ballistol and wipe saturate a qtip with ballistiol and wipe it across the rails and contact points
>>
>>35104782
Ballistol is a shit but that's an argument for another thread in the meantime your plunger spring is fine
>>
>>35104791
Clp then?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.