[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy Wolf Polyformance 55gr for ~22cpr or M193 for ~29cpr?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Geissele-SMR-TRIDENT1982.jpg (224KB, 1023x576px) Image search: [Google]
Geissele-SMR-TRIDENT1982.jpg
224KB, 1023x576px
Should I buy Wolf Polyformance 55gr for ~22cpr or M193 for ~29cpr?
>>
Bump.
Poly war begins
>>
>>35104227
Depends on your application. If you're not concerned with precision, go with steel case. You can afford more ammo doing it and Wolf is generally reliable.
>b-b-but it will wear your gun faster!!!1

People who say this don't even shoot an upwards of 10,000 rounds through a given gun so it doesn't even warrant such a concern. Shoot steel case and you will be fine.
>>
>>35105757
Steel case is more accurate due to the steel jacket.
>>
>>35105778
So you're meaning to tell me a .223 round of Tula that can't even get a consistent 55gr bullet is more accurate than MK262 MOD 0? Duly noted, I'm going to inform the DOD and SOCOM, you're so smart my dude thank you.
>>
>>35105757
Yea I wasn't concerned about wear. The only test showing wear used a crazy firing schedule. I was more worried about being stuck with ammo that doesn't work in my gun.
>>
>>35106263
>I was more worried about being stuck with ammo that doesn't work in my gun.

What's your gun? If your gun cannot reliably run Wolf, it's a pile of shit so that would be an easy way to determine if it is or not.
>>
Buy wolf for cheap plinking and mag dumping. Buy 193 if you want to jam your gun after all that wolf because you're too stupid to clean it.
>>
>>35104227
Meet in the middle: buy Wolf Gold.
>>
>>35106271
DDM4V9.
>>35106302
Wolf Gold costs the same as M193.
>>
>>35106288
>Buy 193 if you want to jam your gun after all that wolf because you're too stupid to clean it.
Stop this meme. The lacquer does not melt in your gun.
>>
>>35106409
It's not due to lacquer. Steelcases don't expand and seal as well as brass, so you get some blowby that deposits shit on your chamber wall. When you shoot brass after steel case without cleaning, the brass fully expands and the friction from that deposited shit can cause failure to extract. Also, does wolf even use lacquer?
>>
>>35106451
>Steelcases don't expand and seal as well as brass, so you get some blowby that deposits shit on your chamber wall
You get that anyway during extraction.
> When you shoot brass after steel case without cleaning, the brass fully expands and the friction from that deposited shit can cause failure to extract.
Maybe if your gun is total shit and won't work when dirty in the first place.
>Also, does wolf even use lacquer?
Lacquer or polymer depending on what you buy, people say the same shit about both. I think Military Classic is lacquer and Polyformance is polymer.
>>
>>35106347
>DDM4V9.

DD makes quality guns, chances are it will run Wolf reliably.
>>
>>35105757
Steel case has zero effect on barrel wear. It's from the shitty copper/zinc washed bimetal bullets that go hand in hand with cheap slavshit steel cased ammo.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.