[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i become a secret agent that's not just a paper pusher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: reilly.jpg (30KB, 362x497px) Image search: [Google]
reilly.jpg
30KB, 362x497px
how do i become a secret agent that's not just a paper pusher and actually does shit. i know most jobs in law enforcement and intelligence involve unholy amounts of paper work and sitting on your ass tapping phones (or more recently monitoring internet history) but i'm that doesn't bother me, i just want to get some shit done and help some people, i don't want to be some action hero. so what do ?
>>
>how do I become james bond IRL, 4chan help!

Your life up to this point was a test for becoming an agent, and you just failed.
>>
The most 'action' secret agents do is cultivating informants. Otherwise it's probably 99% desk work. Otherwise, why the fuck have special forces branches in military.

Secret agents do not help people, they help states. At best, they comprise the safety of people in order to get the intelligence they need. At worst, they get people killed for the benefit of the state. Rarely does that benefit translate to the benefit of society, most of the time it would benefit the political elite, the rich, and economic interests.

If you want to actually help people, become involved in something that is transformative for the better. Intelligence work does not and cannot by its very nature make a better society, even at its best its a safeguard for making sure we don't have a worse society.
>>
>>35100743
i literally said i don't want that, just doing work that matters, not monitoring irrelevant people to world security that just happened to piss of the cia
>>35100782
well that's a bummer. like i said, i don't mind doing surveillance and paper work but i want it to amount to something ie. people not getting killed. anyway what are you suggesting
>>
>>35100833

>i dont mind doing what my ignorant ass thinks is this job that I have to ask 4chan on a Thursday how to get into

Maybe bagging groceries is more your style. You should stick to that specialty. And then you cab help old ladies and diabetic invalids carry their bags to their car.
>>
>>35100853
ok brah, if you're so knowledgeable about THE JOB please enlighten me
>>
File: image.jpg (136KB, 980x1471px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 980x1471px
>>35100181
Answer the call
>>
You dont apply to be an agent, they find you if you have skills, associates or a position that is valuable or of interest to them. Sounds like you're thinking of a Case Officer (IE "handler") or Operations Officer (IE counter-terror, anti-trafficking roles, NOT Jack Bauer but can lead into that), which generally require formerly a 3.0 GPA minimum and foreign language skills; and latterly extensive combat arms experience and foreign language proficiency.

But like the other guy said, if you're asking on 4chan, it can be judged with fair certainty that you dont have what it takes.
>>
File: somalia_french_commando.jpg (39KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
somalia_french_commando.jpg
39KB, 620x350px
>>35100181
wasn't this guy an action spy he died tho
>>
335753389314690643135899$422679965326743100974225774467865$45664322678008653217(900900)998876676443323447876$45567908754339095EGTa
>>
>>35101321

The numbers Mason! What do they mean?!
>>
>>35100181
CIA Espionage division
>>
File: 1503467245993.gif (446KB, 499x408px) Image search: [Google]
1503467245993.gif
446KB, 499x408px
>>35100181
CIA DOG - SAD/PAG, DIA DCS are non mil options along with limited FBI counter Intel guys are you're best bet for secret squirrel stuff.

Delta, JSOC, ISA, 24th STS, etc are all military and are doing the shit you're talking about usually in conjunction with the alphabet agencies I mentioned earlier.

There's no real James Bond career track
>>
>>35101387
CIA SOG* fucking mistyped that
>>
The James Bonds of the secret service are merely Hollywood propaganda, and don't exist. To be an agent for an SS organisation, you need to score top marks in several different fields, and generally need to pursue further education in some areas. Once that's done, things get interesting; you receive fake documents and allabies to use with family, friends and businesses to formulate a plausible background, since working in these areas is need - to - know information.
Work mostly involves surveillance and, yes, paperwork, until you are experienced enough for a gun and a badge. This process takes years, and even then, you still have to do paperwork, except now it's intermingled with light field work. Foreign operations takes this further once you get even more experience, but federal intelligience stops about here.
>>
>>35100782
Even as a noc asset, most of your job involves talking to normal people and obsessively reading/watching/listening to all local media while maintaining a job that gives you an excuse to be wherever you are. It's shit work for shit pay with no recognition, and the only reward for a job well done is not being caught and executed. And maybe a small pension.
>>
>>35100181
I have a mission for you.

56768789790897767ff:t67u56756

write that down and memorise it.
>>
>>35101399
I'd think to be a spooky SAD they'd want at least someone with Green Beret tier experience
>>
File: 1480724955485.jpg (10KB, 200x113px) Image search: [Google]
1480724955485.jpg
10KB, 200x113px
>>35100181
>how do i become a secret agent
Is this for real?
>>
I used to work with a guy who was retired CIA. He was stationed in Lebanon during the 80s. It was less "James Bond" and more, hang out at hotels to trade documents with Mossad agents, or extract guys seeking asylum... by giving them a ride to the airport... Not exactly high-speed chases and gunfights. Definitely no fricken sharks with fricken lasers.
>>
>>35103611
I wouldn't know, I'm. It SAD, but from the recruiters/speakers I talked to at university they do have internal routes for that.
>>
Ask someone who applied for and was denied a position in the ISA anything
>>
>>35103765
Why were you denied
>>
>>35100968
>Case Officer or Operations Officer

Just a heads up, these are the same thing. You're thinking of Operations Officer/Core Collector and PMOO.

Also there are more operations positions than just those two.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.