[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old War Weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: GenericRussianGuns4Sale.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GenericRussianGuns4Sale.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
Thinking about buying some old guns from WWII. Kinda set on getting a Mosin and a PPSH, but I keep hearing mixed messages about the Mosin, what's your opinion on the Mosin, /k/? I hear the sniper variant is more reliable, but I obviously am unsure and am asking this board for help since I have no life outside of this site.

Also, I know that the PPSH and Mosin load a 7.62 cartridge, but since I am a dumb American pigdog, can someone tell me what the caliber equivalent of this cartridge is?
>>
>>35100147

7.62x25 pistol ctrg, like a shitty 9mm

vs

7.62x54R, a shitty, heavier 7.62x51
>>
>>35100147
If you buy a Mosin buy a Finish Mosin, they're worth the extra money. The 7.62x54r fired in rifles is different than the bullet fired in the ppsh which is a necked pistol round. 7.62 is in the 30 caliber family
>>
OP here, just forgot to make a clarification like a moron. I meant to ask whether or not to buy the sniper variant, since the bolt is supposedly more reliable and user friendly.

Also, for the PPSh, should I just not bother buying one, or should I fork over the massive amount of cash to have a modern remake of it, with composite metal build and the such?
>>
>>35100147
Mosin is a pretty simple, crude rifle. They usually work, but poorly. Wartime mosins were poorly made. During/after WW2 they mixed up parts, including bolts resulting in headspace problems. This, along with cosmoline residue, is where you get sticky bolt.

Accuracy is also poor due to shitty build quality and barrels that are worn out and pitted. They used to be good plinkers when they cost $100 with ammo costing 20 cents per round but those days are gone. Do not buy a 91/30.

Sniper mosins are typically better, but most aren't original snipers. Just regular 91/30s with a repro PU bolted on.

Finn mosins, specifically M39s are far better. Parts match. They work great and usually make good shooters. Some are worn out, but most are superb.

PPSh is an SMG so good luck buying one. A closed bold pistol carbine isn't quite the same. They were pretty neat. I'd rather get a PPS 43.

7.62x54mmR is similar to .308 or .30-06 only with fuckheap of taper and a fat rim.
7.62x25mm is similar to 9mm power wise but due to a bottle neck it has less mass but very good velocity. Poor man's AP. Think weaker .357 Sig.
>>
>>35100260
Buddy if you want user-friendly you are looking at the wrong rifle. Consider a mauser of some kind instead.
>>
>>35100147
>buying guns because you saw them in video games
>>
>>35100260
Are you old enough to be on this board son?
>>
>>35100260
Bolt isn't any more reliable. Bolt handle is bent making it easier to work. Also no. Get a Finn M39. It's cheaper and put together competently. Most "sniper" M91/30s are fakes with shot out barrels and mismatched bolts.

PPSh, you're looking at pistol carbines made off parts kits with extended barrels, which are spendy, rare and not worthwhile. Or you get a pre 86 registered transferable machine gun and drop $10-20k on it.

So yes, don't bother.
>>
>>35100161
t. carries a Glock 19 Gen 5
>>
Slavaboo gun guide:
> Pistols
-TT33
Cheap. Ammo can be expensive. Some available as 9mm versions. Russian are rare. Polish, Romanian and Yugo are common.
-Makarov
Bulgarian most common. 9x18mm is cheap but can be tough to find locally. Russian and East German are obtainable. Russian models exist in .380
Hungarian, Czech and Polish Makarovs are built similarly but are different guns altogether.
- Nagant Revolver
Shitty and cheap. Usually Russian. Weak, inaccurate, tough to reload and ammo is available but scarce. Useful for Russian Civil War LARPing.

> Rifles
-M91/30
Usually worn out. Learn to spot a good one before buying. Snipers are usually fake. Look for matching serial numbers, octagonal receivers and non-wartime production.
Ammo is available. Accuracy is mediocre. Function depends on if it's a good example.
-M44
Mosin Carbine. Russians are beat up but nice ones exist. Post-war Chinese, Hungarian and Polish ones are the guns to get. Surprisingly cheap and never used in battle.
-SVT-40
Expect to spend 1k+ on a Finn capture autonugget purely for the unicorn value. They are phenomenally tricky and unreliable unless set just right. Accuracy is also woeful.
-SKS
Relatively cheap butgoing up. Russian models are good quality and not too hard to find. Chinese, Yugo and Romanian more common. Albanian are rare and should be avoided like the plague. Ammo is cheap and common. Good all round rifles.
-AK/AKM
Depends a lot on who makes em. Ammo is available and performs well. Most US made models are garbage. Century kit builds are hit n miss. Arsenal are overpriced. Yugo are pretty reasonable. It's surprising but an AK can be fucked up.
-AK74gery
Same as the 7.62x39mm guns. Quality matters. Good guns can be spendy. Mags and ammo are less common but plenty available. Surplus ammo is very good but banned from import.
-SVD
Unicorn status. Usually not worth it. Uber expensive. PSL or M76 is cheaper but not the same.
>>
>>35100334
>Bolt isn't any more reliable. Bolt handle is bent making it easier to work.

No. No.No. The nugget sniper bolt is different so you can cock with a scope mounted. no other difference. Problem with old nuggets is headspace which can be serious and if you don't know what it is don't get one. They need checking on it.
>>
>>35101020
>Shotguns
BM-16, Toz 34 and MP18
All are simple cheap break actions. MP18 is still imported by EAA. Others were imported in 70s-90s. They are rare but cheap. You too can fulfill your Ukrainian Farmer Simulator fantasies!
Saiga 12
Imported as a sporter but can be converted. Rare now.

There are some pump/semi TOZ whatevers being imported by EAA too.

> Goofy shit.
PPS43 pistols being built on Polish kits.
PPSh pistol carbine.
RPD lmg semi auto builds by DSA. Very rare.
>>
>>35101020
nice work a true. SVDs are not that great. OK to to 5-600 but that's it if you are lucky and actually care about grouping. They actually shoot a bit better with a bayo on as the weight helps the barrel by adding weight to the end. Not worth the money.
>>
>>35101114
>The nugget sniper bolt is different so you can cock with a scope mounted
Yes, it's bent. That's all.
>>
>>35100161
>7.62x54R, a shitty, heavier 7.62x51
more like
>7.62x54R, the better REAL FUCKIN' NATO
>>
>>35101198
It's like 7.62x51mm but with rimlock.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.