[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any milslurp gas mask that still work or am I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (123KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 600x900px
Are there any milslurp gas mask that still work or am I just buying one for pure aesthetics?
>>
>>
>>35099940
Some GP-5 filters are perfectly safe, not NBC anymore but can handle light stuff like wildfire smoke and tear gas. Czech M10m filters are still good for tear gas and some smoke and stuff. (Please don't hang out in a buring building in ANY gas mask, think of them as a way of protecting your eyes and lungs as you get the fuck out as fast as possible)
>>
>>35099940
>trusting your lungs to some 60 year old piece of shit that was made by the lowest bidder
you go first. how long do you thing activated charcoal remains effective?
>>
>>35099940
any mask that hasn't cracked, can still hold a good seal and accepts 40mm filters is good to go, you just need good filters.
>>
is polish mc-1 a good option
>>
>>35101354
>trusting your lungs to some 60 year old piece of shit that was made by the lowest bidder
>trusting
It's mainly to just wear out when I go stalking, but I'd still like it to somewhat work and not give me a form of cancer.

>you go first. how long do you thing activated charcoal remains effective
About three fiddy.
>>
>>35101354
1. you realize people make new filters right
2.>shitting on charcoal
3. you didnt list an alternative
>>
why dont people just buy a new gas mask? like a modern one
>>
Do NBC NATO filters pose any risk? My local milsup store sells those green metal ones for like 10 bucks and i'm weary of them
>>
>>35105136
because they cost at least ten times as much

>>35105996
"nbc nato filter" describes dozens if not hundreds of filters some of which are certainly hazardous.

safe, functional filters
https://www.majorsurplus.com/nato-gas-mask-filters.html
https://www.mainemilitary.com/productcart/pc/40mm-Gas-Mask-Filter-A2B2E2K2P3-258p3128.htm
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/nato-military-surplus-nbc-40mm-gas-mask-filter-new?a=2146278&pm2d=CSE-SPG-15-PLA&utm_medium=PLA&utm_source=Google&utm_campaign=CI&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzsuJ0NmV1gIVh1uGCh3bAg5tEAQYASABEgJv3_D_BwE

others may or may not be, you'd have to do extensive research and there still not be enough info to conclusively state that the filter is safe.
>>
>>35106062
Okay. I think the ones my local store sells are not safe.

http://www.armynavysales.com/products/nbc-filter/
>>
>>35106208
russian, you'll get arguments either way on their safety, but they aren't easy to date so it's hard to tell when and where they were made even if some has been proven safe. i don't breath through them.
>>
>>35106208
Yeah. that's a GP-5 filter, GP-5 filters are confirmed to contain asbestos through lab tests, so don't use those. In general you should just avoid Soviet filters, not just because they may contain asbestos but because they are old and are likely leaking, I recently bought a few GP-7 filters and every single one was leaking like a motherfucker.

If you are just going out stalking with it but want one to actually function and provide a degree of protection you shouldn't get a Russian or Soviet mask, the threading for their masks and filters is known as GOST threading, NATO uses STANAG threading. You can jam a NATO filter onto a Soviet or Russian mask but it won't create an air-tight seal, there will be small gaps where air will slip through undetected, even if the mask pressurizes. Modern Russian filters that aren't leaking or contain asbestos are a bitch to find as well.

For a good surplus mask that functions and looks intimidating (at least in my opinion) get a Shalon 4A1, often just called the Israeli civilian mask, they go for 20-35 dollars on Ebay and Amazon and also will come with a filter usually. Or just browse and find which you like the most, make sure it's your size though.

Now back to the subject of filters, make sure any filter you get that has activated charcoal in it is not leaking, breathing that stuff in isn't exactly healthy long-term. To check if it's leaking, place a piece of white paper on a flat surface, take any caps or plugs off the filter, and shake the filter or smack it a few times with either filter port over the paper. If no tiny black stuff gets on the paper, your filter is good and not leaking, any black stuff gets on the paper though, it's unsafe to use. On Ebay people sell 2 and 4 packs of both sealed Israeli filters and C2A1 filters for cheap compared to other filters. Some are likely to be expired and won't protect against more than tear gas and bad smell but shouldn't be leaking or unsafe.
>>
>>35106672
holy shit asbestos is not a fucking risk you moron
>>
>>35104709
pls respond
>>
File: MPT-500x373.jpg (63KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
MPT-500x373.jpg
63KB, 500x373px
>>35099940
>be me
>be French
>mfw I see French surplus gas masks sold to the USA
>mfw when gas masks here are illegal
>>
File: riot-police-strang_1398908i.jpg (41KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
riot-police-strang_1398908i.jpg
41KB, 620x400px
>>35107193
gotta keep you vulnerable citizen
>>
>>35107267
Jerk
>>
>>35107613
i'd send you one but i'm about to get washed out to sea by irma
>>
>>35101172
>US MI
>US M2/M3
>US ND MK2
>US M4
>US M5
Jesus Americans what were you thinking
>>
>>35107644
that chart is unsourced hearsay, kinda like the kind of advice you get here. it may or may not be correct also in ww2 everything was made out of asbestos.
>>
>>35106978
Tell that to the people who have mesothelioma as a result of it and also the disease that solely exists as a result of inhaling asbestos you goddamn retard.
>>
>>35107267
We all know why gas masks are illegal here (riot control), but is it true that 3M protection masks do the job better against CS than milsurp ?
>>
>>35106978
Are you fucking retarded or just pretending?
>>
>>35107686
thats not how asbestos in filters work
thanks for playing
>>
>>35104709
Hello?
>>
>>35107828
>polish mc-1
i wouldn't trust the filter but it should otherwise be fine

>>35107731
a good 3m filter should perform as well or better than a surplus nbc filter
>>
>>35107923
how much /where is a new filter?
>>
>>35099940
How long of use do filters last?
>>
>>35107813
Please remove yourself from the gene pool immediately.

>>35107828
>>35107951
I haven't heard great things about that mask, and being Eastern Bloc it uses GOST threading. The Czechs made a copy of it, the CM-3, which I have heard is a lot nicer and better quality than the MC-1. New modern GOST filters on Ebay can be bought for about 20 per filter, shipping varies. I can provide a link if you would like, may have to go on the UK ebay though as that seems to be where you can find them easiest.
>>
>>35107997
I was just looking for a cheap mask and its $13
should i just look at m65 instead then
>>
>>35108046
The M-65 is actually a really nice mask and I love mine, but its effectiveness depends on your facial structure. It was designed with a Germanic kind of face in mind, bold, pronounced chin. If your chin is small the seal is gonna be kinda fucky.
>>
>>35108099
I don't know
the MC-1 i was interested in because its very cheap but if I have to buy a new filter anyway for $20 then whats the point
the M65 is $20 but I hear you can actually use the filter it comes with?

are there any other decent masks in the $10 -$20 range
>>
>>35104814
>alternative
http://www.approvedgasmasks.com/survivair-optifit.htm
>current production
>relatively inexpensive
>extremely good FOV
>made of silicone so won't freeze or get brittle and is hypoallergenic
>accepts NATO-standard 40mm filter cartridges
>filter cartridges readily available and not-expired
>CBRN filters available
>right or left cheek canisters means you can still get something resembling a cheekweld on a firearm
>>
>>35108115
Filters regardless of brand or country of origin are only good for 5 years from date of manufacture at their full rated capacity. They may provide SOME protection for longer than that, but you're gambling on it.

If it's sold as surplus it's out of date.
>>
>>35108163
so whatever i buy needs the filter replaced?
I mean the mc-1 is the most affordable to me
whats the downside with the threading then? what threading is the m65
>>
>>35108179
Dude, surplus masks are cool but civilian masks are many times more effective. 3M is a great brand.
>>
>>35108194
I dont have money for that anon
>>
>>35108206
Save your money if you want an effective gas mask.
>>
File: 9780987980798.jpg (127KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
9780987980798.jpg
127KB, 600x600px
IIRC, Israeli civilian filters and masks are safe to use. Most filters that ship with the masks themselves are expired but you can easily find newer 40mm filters. I ordered one last night and I'm pretty sure I trust the Israelis when it comes to not getting gassed again.
>>
>>35107731
I have one of those masks Based Stickman has. Put it this way

list of things that smell bad, in ascending order or bad smelly smells
>burnt hair
>piss
>old people piss
>old people piss that's been sitting in a semi trailer for two weeks
[power gap]
>liquid feces
[massive power gap]
>concentrated dead body parts

my mask completely cut out the rotting flesh smell.

seriously, that smell instantly kicks off your gag reflex and makes you want to vomit. it's a little scary just how revolting a dead body smells. if you encounter it, the scent is burned into your subconscious memory for life and any time you smell rotting flesh, you immediately identify it.
>>
>>35108213
guess im dead thanks anon
>>
>>35108242
are you a medic or a serial killer? how and where the fuck did you find a decaying human corpse
>>
>>35108115
Another decent mask as I mentioned before around that price range is the Shalon 4A1, or Israeli Civilian Mask. Mine came with an older filter from 2009 but it's not leaking and still blocks smells, the charcoal isn't displaced too badly either so it should work. The reality of gas masks is that you kinda have to spend quite a bit on them if you want a proper kit in a scenario. You would need multiple filters if you wind up staying in a contaminated area for extended periods of time, as filters expire within a few hours in contaminates, deping on the concentration and what it is. A carry bag is also important if you want to store the mask properly and carry extra filters on you without trying to stuff them into your pockets. If a nerve agent is deployed your mask is useless without an NBC suit, and those take time and training to get into properly.

If you are actually prepping for worst case chemical scenarios you are gonna be spending a few hundred dollars on your equipment.
>>
>>35107997
>GOST masks are cheapest
>impossible to find filters for
Really makes me think
>>
>>35108246
NO ANON DON'T DIE
>>
>>35108046
http://www.budk.com/German-M65-Gas-Mask-With-Filter-Like-New-34269
comes with a good swiss filter, this is what i'd use if i only had $20 and expected mustard gas.
>>
>>35108290
medical waste processing. hospitals can't just throw all their trash in a landfill like the rest of us. just imagine how fucked we'd be with Hepatitis-infected blood leaking into the groundwater.
>>
>>35108498
ugh, I'm so sorry
how's the pay? any stories?
>>
>>35108514
>$13/hour starting pay
>saw a leg once
>been splattered in the mouth with unknown bodily fluids several times
>sterilized waste can smell like anything from herbal tea to tacos.
it's funny how medical waste, after being heated to roughly 300 degrees in pressurized steam, very infrequently smells unpleasant. most every day, I smell stuff like bread or cookies. it makes me wonder just how terrible certain things really are. scents come from chemical compounds. when a few thousands of pounds of bloody bandages, plastic bags, soiled bedsheets, etc. comes out smelling like freshly baked bread, I can't help but wonder what something pungent like a stanky cheese is made of. What kind of filth are we able to consume? What god awful concoctions can we swallow and enjoy?
>>
>>35108600
>13 an hour for getting sprayed with deceased plasma/piss/whatever
u n w o r t h y
and honestly if you blindfolded a person, have them something not excessively mushy or crunchy and it smells good, 9/10 they'd eat it
>>
>>35108325
Not impossible, just a pain to find them at a decent price and not expired. Most of the cost comes from the international shipping as they're being sold from the UK and Eastern Europe. The masks also cheapest because they are cheaply made and theres a metric fuckton of them out there, over 100 million GP-5's were made, I don't think that's counting its copies are the updated models with the voice diaphragm. Then there's all the civil defense masks from other Soviet countries like the MC-1, M67 and M76, and so on which are cheap and numerous as well.
>>
>>35107731
Not if it doesn't protect your eyes
>>
>>35108151
Came here to recommend this.
>>
>>35108151
>silicone
Enjoy having it eaten by blister agents
I guess you could have it on hand for riot gas but seems like glaring flaw to me.
>>
>>35108242
Do you work as a police officer, health, or a housekeeper in a senior home?
>>
>>35108163
My job just got new law enforcement canisters from MSA that are good for 10 years....
>>
>>35108206
>I dont have money for that anon
>Being cheap on respiratory protection
Look, you get what you pay for. And CBRNE agents are a one way ticket to a brutal, suffering, violent death. If you want to cheap out your exposure to those agents, have fun
>>
>>35108242
I know what rotting flesh in a building smells like. But it's a luxury (you can limit the smell by breathing from the mouth or with essential oils) What could protect from CS and chlorine (cheap and easy to make, could be used by anybody), without being a military filter ?
>>
>>35108754
Already have swimming googles.
>>
>>35109504
I used to use swimming goggles while cutting onions on a meat slicer. They did not help in the slightest, although onions may work differently from CS.
>>
>>35109791
onion vapor mixes with your tears to make sulfuric acid, so i wouldn't trust them.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.