[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

US Contribution by state in WW2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1498.gif (174KB, 3277x2167px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1498.gif
174KB, 3277x2167px
Does anyone have some statistical breakdowns of the amount of men served(and in which theater), casualties suffered and GDP spent by the individual American states in World War II?

I have been looking all over the internet and have come across only one article that even lists casualties in past American wars by state (the list including ww2 obviously)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/states-with-the-most-war-casualties
>>
they dont want people to realize how small our military actually is
>>
>>35097912
What do you mean? WW2 was 7 decades ago
>>
>>35097902
it could just be that your state is bad/great at getting killed/not getting killed, anon.
>>
All I Know is that New York and Pennsylvania provided the most men. While the south--proportionally speaking--provided the least men. Texas was the exception, providing a huge amount of men per capita
>>
>>35098023
I meant in all measures, not just casualties.
>>
>>35097902
and not a reflection on valor.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his": g.s. patton.
>>
>>35098032
the south provided a greater number of career service men. i.e. the glue that held it together.
>>
>>35098087
Proof? Remember we're talking dubya dubya two here
>>
>>35097902
Nope. Can't help you.
>>
bump for interest
>>
i think the bigger picture is that ALL states have contributed to the cause of freedom that we enjoy.
>>
>>35098047
Read>>35098037
>>
File: 1+1 bomb equals end of war.jpg (6KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
1+1 bomb equals end of war.jpg
6KB, 253x199px
>>35097902
>Tennessee.
>Michigan.
>Washington.
>>
I always use this website for such info

http://www.honorstates.org/index.php?page=wars&war=World+War+II&do=states
>>
>>35099109
You should run for office.
>>
>>35098032
Texas is not part of the South.
>>
>>35097902
>colorado
Awful lotta navy guys for my land locked state
>>
>>35100997
for you
>>
>>35098032
>from the department of stuff i pull out of my ass
cite your source, faggot
>>
>>35100940
its also inaccurate. My uncle was one of the first to hit the beach on d-day and one of the first to eat it. i have his purple heart, his funerary flag, and a newspaper clipping of his obit. but he's not on that list on the web site you cite. other sites list him.
>>
>>35097902
Bedford, VA had the highest percentage dead at DDay ... That's why they got the DDay memorial there
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.