[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WASR vs Arsenal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_6710.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6710.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
Nogunz here interested in an AK. Is the WASR or the Arsenal SLR 107R a better value if I want an entry level gun that I do not plan to mod whatsoever? Are the canted sights as big if a problem as they say in the current production? What would you say I should go with?
>>
Save and get the arsenal and be done with it. You might not have the chance later on.

That being said wasr's are fine rifles, but too expensive for what they are.

You'd get more for your money with arsenal.
>>
File: 1499501341645.jpg (63KB, 1182x684px) Image search: [Google]
1499501341645.jpg
63KB, 1182x684px
Arsenal if you can afford it.

If not WASRs are your best bet for no bullshit cheap AKs.

Atlantic even looks at WASRs to make sure they aren't fucked off so the whole canted sights thing shouldn't be a problem.

Most issues now are parts being made of potmetal and blowing with in peoples faces or companies again using inferior metal in stuff like the bolt causing it to wear prematurely or break.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/cai-ak-47-wasr-10-7-62x39mm-rifle-detail.html?Itemid=0
>>
>>35096355
I've heard he finish on the barrel bubbling and flaking is an issue. Have they fixed that?
>>
>>35096365
Couldn't say. Ive only read the 1 report of it. I have a SLR 106 that I mag dumped 500 rounds in one go to test the function and had no such issue.
>>
>>35096384
What about canted sights on the arsenal? Is that a problem?

Also dumb question: which part of the sights are actually the part that's messed up? Post little post in the middle that you use for aiming or the big portion of the front sight?
>>
File: IMG_4923.jpg (41KB, 640x728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4923.jpg
41KB, 640x728px
>>35096392
Can't mention much on canted sights either for arsenal, I just know mine are straight.

A canted sight is when the front post is canted too much on one side.

Pic related
>>
>>35096392
Canted sights are a WASR thing. Only poorfags bash Arsenals.
>>
The finish issue must have been caused by retards using way too powerful solvents. I only use clp and hoppes and I've never had a problem.
>>
>>35096364
>$600 +$30 shipping from Scamlantic
Lel. Do people still buy from these shysters?
Preppers has them for $529 + $15 shipping (if you use the labor day shipping code "LABORDAYHALFSHIP" that's good for another 2 days.)

https://www.preppergunshop.com/century-wasr10-century-arms-gp-wasr10-ak47-rifle-7-62x39mm-wood-stock-1-30rd-mag
>>
>>35096459
Blame idiots using shit like brake cleaner and motor oil.
>>
File: 1462412363964.jpg (1002KB, 1856x2344px) Image search: [Google]
1462412363964.jpg
1002KB, 1856x2344px
>>35096432
>Canted sights are a WASR thing
>This level of self-deluded rationalization
Arsenalfags, everyone.
>>
File: 1461984381897.jpg (105KB, 496x734px) Image search: [Google]
1461984381897.jpg
105KB, 496x734px
>>35096459
>Or just shooting 3 mags in a row.
>>
NPAP. get true slav shit.
>inb4 Romanians are slavs
>>
>>35096346
For the price, I'd say get the non-folding stock AMD-65 on Classic Firearms. You can get a Hogue or Mission first handguard that adds a rail and gets rid of the foregrip for $50, and it's still only $500.
>>
>>35096531
>NPAP
Good option too, also cheap on the site I mentioned (not trying to shill, just the cheapest non-sale price I can find on them)
>>
>>35096557
Wrong. Sweaty Ben's scam gun is bad.
>>
>>35096557
Do not buy this piece of shit.
ESS butter soft barrel, look up Mel64's hardness test on it.
Pure garbage.
>>
>>35096346
Go here and read.
>>35082282
Lurk /akg/ for awhile too.
>>
>>35096346
The Wasr will do everything the arsenal will do. The arsenal will retain better resale value, only you can determine if that is a pro. The Wasr can be found for 550 shipped, then plan on replacing the furnature because the century wood is really that bad. So do you want a Wasr and 1k rounds of 8m3 for $850, or a arsenal for $850.
>>
>>35096583
>>35096593

I have one. Rifle is fine, several hundred rounds through it as well. I heard about the barrel being "eh" quality so I don't do mag dumps with it, but mag dumping is for autistic COD fags with ADHD who can't into precision shooting.
>>
>>35096593
I think the barrel softness if over rated. If you can afford to shoot 10k rounds to wear it out, you can replace it with a chf one.

HOWEVER the real problem is the shitty has port. Clearview investment make these guns and drills the gas port with a FUCKING COUNTERSINK BIT. You will see a few cases of this in Mel64d videos. If their installers could pull their heads from their asses this would be the "best" budget/ novelty use ak on the current market.
>>
>>35096650
>If you can afford to shoot 10k rounds to wear it out
If you think that soft barrel is going to last 10k, that's very optimistic of you.
I'd be surprised if it went 2k before shit started to fail.
>>
>>35096695
Will report back in a few thousand more rounds.

You guys are making me want to sell it off to some idiot on Armslist for a profit so I can get a nice AR. Why do you do this?
>>
>>35096695
I bet it would be close to 10k before it throws keys. 7.62x39 isn't very fast, combine that with semi auto fire and lack of mag dumps I think it could.
>>
>>35096722
>throws keys
It's not an AR, what the fuck do you mean "throws keys"?
>>
>>35096702
It doesn't suck being a informed consumer. If you really desire a Hungarian gun this offering has a lot of positives, the barrel is not one of them. If you were to price the actual combloc rifle, the barrel swap may be cheaper.
>>
>>35096748
Keyhole
>>
>>35096759
Keyholing would be the least of the concerns. The barrel pin egging the butter barrel and headspace walking out, the gasblock drooping causing it to seize, etc would be much more likely before you wear it out to the point of keyholing.
>>
>>35096790
This isn't the first time someone has used 4140 barrels in a ak. If the interference is correct in the front trunion I have no reason to suspect headspace loss.
As for the barrel drooping, that's all heat related. Even the mighty Wasr's barrel will droop. We are talking about casual/niche use, no mag dumps which means low heat (relatively speaking)
>>
>>35096790
Again, all this speculating revolves around a propper drilled and installed barrel. The change required is so damn small, it's almost insulting what clearview is doing.

The reality is the gas port will erode due to the countersink' hole. This WILL result in a waay overgassed rifle. The chance the bolt carrier will beat the rear trunion out of the receiver is very high. Also there is danger of the gas block letting go due to the pressure.
>>
>>35096432
>he paid $1000 for an AK
>>
>>35096518
And brake cleaner.
>>
both are AKMs made by former communist countries in factories set up with Soviet assistance
both have chrome lined bores, bayo lugs, cleaning rods, and accept standard AK parts

the differences

With the WASR, it comes with shitwood that, while serviceable, will probably need replacement eventually
it uses AKM muzzle threading and comes with a slant brake and uses a 45 degree gas block, and uses welded in plates to stabilize the magazine

the Arsenal comes with better plastic furniture, uses AK-74 muzzle threading, and has a 90 degree gas block, and uses dimples to stabilize the magazine

functionally, at their core, the rifles are essentially the same
the WASR has better finish, the Arsenal has better qc in other areas in theory

if you don't care about a folding stock, then the WASR probably has better value even after replacing the furniture

both are excellent rifles and you really can't go wrong buying one or the other unless you get a lemon
>>
>>35096432
canted sights are an AK thing and are only cosmetic unless the rifle cannot be zeroed

my WASR came with slightly canted sights, but also required no adjustment to zero
>>
>>35096491
Motor oil won't hurt a gun you goober.
>>
>>35096848
>>35096947
It's an inferior material that falls short of original specs. The only reason it is used is to save money.

Unless you need to save that money, and the savings are passed on to you, get an authentic barrel. You won't ever want to rebarrel an AK so get a barrel that won't fail you.
>>
>>35096961
Poorfag pls. Bashing things you can't afford confirms your low class.
>>
>>35096512
Is the barrel canted too, or is it that the picture of the rifle itself is not straight?
>>
>>35096432
My Yugo AK's front sights are canted as fuck
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.