[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qtdot/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 47

Can't find one so I'm starting a new thread for questions that don't deserve own thread.
Here is mine: will it be a big problem if I shoot 12x70 ammo from 12x76 shotgun? I just got new under over shotgun witx 12x76 barrels and I have tons of leftover 12x70 ammo.
>>
I want a blaser f-16 I only make 35k a year ...
will this change my life?
>>
>>35095913
Will what change your life?
>>
>>35095930
Thinking that f-16 is my only chance to bring my shooting up to YES i can shoot well mode.
>>
>>35095903
No. Shoot it all you want, it won't damage the gun.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytllVexL31E
I want a set of x-caliber shotgun inserts.
>do they still sell these & do they work?
>>
>>35095940
Ok, thanks for the help, wouldn't want to fuck up the shotgun as soon as I got it shooting wrong ammo
>>
>>35095903
>/questions that don't own thread/
>>
>>35095903
The past few days, the (You)s have been disappearing from the end of replies directed at me after 12 hours or so.
Is anyone else having this issue? What could solve it?
The Auto refresh was also turned off for a little bit, too.
>>
>>35096010
well I'm hungover so I expected I will fuck it up somehow
>>
>>35095903
Is Merrill's Marauders' servers for RO2 and RS1 gone for anyone else?
I wanted to go back to banzaiing after being annoyed by RS2 but they're nowhere to be found in my favorites, and direct connecting doesn't do anything.
>>
File: OY VEY FUGGEN ANTI SEMOITE.png (67KB, 319x794px) Image search: [Google]
OY VEY FUGGEN ANTI SEMOITE.png
67KB, 319x794px
>>35095903
Anyone know what weaponry would be used in pic related?
By the Jews and Romans. I'm not knowledgeable in Roman history, but the pure black and whiteness of this war has caught my attention.
>Jews see Pagans being Pagans and decide to commit genocide
>Romans have to divert troops from a different war going on at the same time and get them to stop ethnically cleansing civilians
>>
File: 37586x1.jpg (56KB, 700x434px) Image search: [Google]
37586x1.jpg
56KB, 700x434px
Recommend me guns that look like pic related.
Can be modern or historical unobtainium.
>>
File: Witchles try 2.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Witchles try 2.webm
3MB, 854x480px
What missiles are these?
>>
>>35096023
I can't see them either and based on their steam comunity comments they are gone.
>>
Do military surplus stores sell reliable goods?
I haven't been to one before and I'm planning on going to one soon to browse their items.
>>
>>35096037
rocks, sticks, daggers, and swords
>>
>>35095943
They sell them

They work in the aspect that you get a ton of single shot pistol barrels. If that's your thing, go for it.

The only real issue is that you're gonna be stuck with a shittastic chiappa shotgun to use em.
>>
>>35095939
>blaser f-16

That shotgun won't magically make you a better shot. High end equipment is fantastic and helpful when you already have skill, but chances are if you only make 35k a year and aren't a professional competitor you wouldn't see much improvement out of an expensive as fuck shotgun.
>>
>"Kozlice "

>Immediately reminded of Operation Flashpoint Resistance.
>>
>>35095952
But you can't shoot 12×76 shells out of 12x70 shotgun, since too big shell might not open properly in too small chamber, and fuck up your gun. 70 out of 76 shotgun is fine tho'.
>>
i read something earlier that seemed pretty brilliant. if you murdered someone, instead of trying to hide the weapon somewhere around you, mail it overseas
>>
>>35096311
That's what over/under guns are called in local hunting terminology, good taste with OFP though
>>35096318
That I know, just thought shooting shells shelter than the chambers might cause some problems too
>>
File: zxkljh.jpg (3MB, 3024x2268px) Image search: [Google]
zxkljh.jpg
3MB, 3024x2268px
Is there a site where you can check all the boxes that you're looking for in a rifle and it gives you everything that fits your description?

Can't seem to find a rifle with
>Left hand charging
>5.56
>Semi-auto
>BHO

I don't want to go SCAR because I want a 17 eventually, and I really want to stay away from AR's because, kind of boring. I like FS2000 but no BHO, and the SIG556 is my first back up choice, but only right hand charging (are there decent conversions that aren't permanent?). What are some good alternatives?

I posted this in the last QTDDTOT and someone suggested the AUG, it certainly fits my criteria, and I might change after holding one, but something about it didn't "wow" me.
>>
>>35096521
please stop posting this picture you have manchild taste in every thing ever. Please stop and drink bleach k thx
>>
>>35096521
I was looking into sig conversions and found the 556xi that's ambi. Anyone know how easily found that rifle is?
>>
>>35096015
Happens with some browsers F5/Refresh fixes it for me.

>>35096044
Magic of course

>>35096145
Sometimes, it helps to know what you're looking for.
Don't trust the legitimacy of too many things as these stores tend to be flooded by overpriced cheap repro.

>>35096521
Beretta ARX-160
ACR
>>
File: zx,jd.jpg (2MB, 2015x1512px) Image search: [Google]
zx,jd.jpg
2MB, 2015x1512px
>>35096543
No doggo in this one, that better? I have ones of just doggo too if that's what you're after.

>>35096591
>Beretta ARX-160
>ACR

I'll do some reading, thanks friendo
>>
>>35095939
What are you using now, to make you consider the Blaser? Have you tried the gun to see how it feels and points?
I take it you're looking at getting it for sport shooting rather than hunting?
>>
>>35096041
The closest I can think of would be a Luger or an old Ruger mk1
>>
So i have never held a firearm in my life, but i want to learn how to shoot.
There is a shooting range/gun store in my town that offers intro classes but it's most likely a bunch of stupid hicks and idiot neo-cons based on my counties demographics.
Is it still worth going to? Or should i just buy a gun, go to my friends private woodland property and learn by doing?

I'm in northern IL if that means anything
>>
>>35096613
Looks like Fallout New Vegas threw up in your living room
>>
What does ammo grain mean? What's the difference between 40 grain and 80 grain ammo? Is one better than the other?

I was going to get some ammo for my gun but there's so many options like soft or hard point, casing type, subsonic what manufacturer

It's too much I'm so confused. I just want regular ammo so I can finally go to a range and plink.
>>
>>35097634
Grain is bullet weight, its an old american measurement kinda like shotgun gauges.
Lower grain usually means lighter recoil and higher velocities. Uses target, practice, small game
Higher grain usually means better terminal effects. Uses SD, long range, heavy game

For plinking ammo cheap low grain ammo is good, some handguns are picky about the lowest grain ammo.

For plinking ammo look for Full metal jacket (FMJ) for pistols, and lead round nose (LRN) for rimfire ammo.
>>
>>35097310
I don't know what neo cons are , but hicks don't take shooting classes. I think you'd be happy either way really. A class may help you overcome or avoid common obstacles before they become ingrained though.
>>
>>35096613
That thing you have is not a dog, but this is somehow worse still, anyway.
>>
>>35097310
Just get an intro course and shoot on your friend's property once you're sure you can shoot alone safely. Ranges can be crowded and it's better to shoot to your abilities in a calmer environment if you can.
And quit judging others, friend. You're only limiting your experience if you write people off as idiots and hicks, regardless of political leaning.
>>
>>35097310
>most likely a bunch of stupid hicks and idiot neo-cons based on my counties demographics.
This is an attitude I see a lot on 4chan, and let me tell you right off, you'll be a lot happier if you check that attitude at the door and go to the course with an open mind and treat everything like it's new to you and pay attention. Go to the course, but instead of thinking yourself above the other people at the course, consider that they're also there because they are interested in guns and might make great range buddies, or even be nice people to get to know.
Sorry if I got the wrong impression of you, that's just how it seemed to me on the internet.
>>
Cheap training ammo for a 308 bolt gun?
Is Hornady steel match a meme or no?
>>
I have an ar lower so when I build it should I build it for 223 or 5.56?

I'm new so I don't know the difference between them
>>
>>35100036

Most ARs you find will be chambered for 556 anyway.
There is a 223 wylde or something that is supposed to be the best of both worlds but i think its just a meme.
>>
>>35100036
5.56x45 is the same thing as .223 but with different pressure specs (SAAMI vs CIP). Every AR part labeled 223 or 5.56 is identical and interchangable for all that matters.
>>
>>35100118
223 Wylde is just another way of saying 5.56/223. It's not an actual cartridge
>>
>>35100120
>>35100144
223 wlyde is not a cartrage but chamber specs.
and im pretty sure that 556 and 223 have diffrent chamber specs.
something about throught spacing.
also 556 brass has a thicker wall changing internal case capacity.
but they are all minor differences and will not glocknade your gun more than likely.
>>
So my 12 gauge Ithaca 37 shell carrier broke recently and I ordered a replacement (this exact one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ithaca-37-12-Ga-2-3-4-Carrier-Used-/263191006244?hash=item3d47680c24:g:VL0AAOSwILFZsCfo) and it did not fit, as the little ridges in the middle of it stopped the bolt from moving forward. I looked at my broken shell ejector, and noticed that it is this, https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/431810, a 16 gauge carrier. the carrier worked perfectly fine before, what gives? I am super confused now.
>>
What's the best new pistol for $250 or less in your opinion? For home defense? For carry? It seems your options are 9mms that will probably work like the SCCY, .380s that are probably reliable (Bersa) or seemingly sturdy .38s (RIA/Taurus), and for power and simplicity alone it seems the revolvers are the best choice for the average joe.
>>
how long will a shotgun barrel last?
I know theres no rifling but it must have a life time right?
>>
>>35100893
Typically the lock or action will fail way before the barrels start to fail on a shotgun.
>>
>>35100885
Save your money and buy something worth owning. SCCY and Taurus are shit. Bersas are neato but a total meme I wouldn't trust my life to.

RIA is okay if you want a project instead of a working pistol.

Get a hi-point c9 or save up for a gun that doesn't suck dick.
>>
>>35100950
>Taurus are shit
It's well known that as long as you inspect them before buying, their revolvers are solid guns.
>RIA is okay if you want a project
That makes no sense.
>>
>>35096591
Those missiles aren't magic though, they're being used to try and shoot down a magic missile.
In their design do they look like any real life ABM in particular?
>>
File: MA5B_Assault_Rifle.png (151KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
MA5B_Assault_Rifle.png
151KB, 800x600px
What's the cheapest bullpup I can get that's still reliable?
Like, Mini14 reliable minimum. Preferably under $1000
>>
File: 1356813338096.jpg (93KB, 500x574px) Image search: [Google]
1356813338096.jpg
93KB, 500x574px
So what are the notable differences between the firearms laws in California vs most other states? I am aware of the pistol grip restriction on "CA compliant" rifles. What else would be different?
I suppose I should also mention that most of the firearms I am interested in are pre-1950s, are there a lot of important restrictions on firearms from those days other than the SKS?
>>
>>35100118
>>35100120
Is 556 the more common round? I was thinking of getting it in 223 because that's what the original one was in.

Or is 556 superior?

>>35100205
Are the chamber specs differences important? I don't know about guns. Like would a 223 work in 556 just fine and vice versa?
>>
File: 1466779234152.jpg (41KB, 800x287px) Image search: [Google]
1466779234152.jpg
41KB, 800x287px
Guys I haven't pooped in 2 days, what the fuck do I do? I didn't do any weird shit recently that I can directly connect to this happening, and I been eating too (at work conference for last week, lots of free food), so I don't fuckin get it man, Am I like the next stage of human evolution digesting foodstuffs with 100% efficiency? What's happening? I don't even feel bloated or anything, I've really stepped up my alcohol/coffee/cigarette consumption all fuckin day (because I'm usually pretty regular, I take my daily shit after my morning coffee and smoke) and nothing, I'm literally sipping on an irish coffee right now about to go out for a smoke when i finish it and going to try stuff down some food after that. Why can't I poop? What the fuck is happening to me?

Also does anyone have any 'pocket carry' tips? I got a p238 a few months ago as an 'alternative' option for when I'm not wearing proper belted pants/holster (weekends, weeknights in basketball shorts/sweatpants etc...) How do you pocket-carry those in slacks or jeans without ridiculous printing? It's not a huge deal, I can do my usual IWB/untucked for work, but I was just curious if there was any way to 'reasonably' pocket-carry in 'tighter' more business/casual pants?
>>
anyone know where I can get a whole new forend for my mossberg 500?
I have the shitty one piece polymer one and its fucking up this finish on my mag tube.
>>
>>35095903
can I use a russian dust cover on a chinese sks????
>>
Will we see mass adoption of suppressors by any militaries in the next fifty years? They have major obvious advantages, but then militaries seem to care more about money and making rifles shorter.
>>
Could you make a revolver crane out of polymer? I imagine if you could it wouldn't bend or get damaged nearly as easily.
>>
File: 400px-Nambu_automatic_Kou.jpg (28KB, 400x281px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Nambu_automatic_Kou.jpg
28KB, 400x281px
>>35096041
Nambu
>>
>>35101487
Halvin Sales. They have a ton of Mossberg stuff.
>>
>>35102955
Advantages:
>less loud
>harder to pinpoint firing location
Disadvantages:
>still loud
>concealing firing location is a moot point with a squad
>extra weight
>extra bulk
>extra cost
>hot gas spit back in your face
>increased wear, decreased service life of weapons
>dumb shit boots with no concept of bore alignment will at best blow holes in the can and at worst destroy their rifles

Not really likely outside of specialties m8.
>>
I've recently gotten back into shooting and I've been having trouble getting solid groupings. I'm anticipating recoil and need some tips on how to stop if any of you guys can help.
>>
>>35095903
You'll be fine. Shoot the ammo you have.
>>
>>35096714
Remington 870
>borrowed
a nasty as fuck pardner 1 shot...
I still am looking at those x-caliber inserts....
>>
>>35103788
I'd suggest you get a regular double barrel shotgun made by a reputable manufacturer, in the price range of the Beretta Silver Pigeon or Franchi Feeling. If possible, try before you buy. Not that there's anything wrong with the Blaser, it's just real expensive, and practice (lots of it) with a cheaper shotgun will make you better at shooting, and eventually you'll find out if the f16 is for you.
That said, I won't deny that the f16 looks nice, and it's by no means a bad shotgun if you believe in "buy once, cry once". I just think that a cheaper but good shotgun and many many crates of clay shooting ammo and over six million clay pigeons would do more to make you a better shot than a fancy shotgun on its own will.
>>
Would a Norinco 1897 barrel be compatible with a Winchester 1897?
>>
>>35103768
What I do is shoot a few mags with snap caps mixed in with live ammo. Seems to help.
>>
Where can I find very cheap reloaded 9mm? Gun shows? I'm in California.
>>
i read something earlier that seemed pretty brilliant. if you murdered someone, instead of trying to hide the weapon somewhere around you, cook the frozen mutton leg and feed it to the investigators
>>
File: 1504766995444.png (2MB, 1520x1126px) Image search: [Google]
1504766995444.png
2MB, 1520x1126px
anyone know what this is from
>>
>>35095903

There is not a single problem shooting 12 Ga 70mm shell into a 76mm chamber. It is exactly like shooting .38 Special into a .357 Mag revolver, since the case is shorter and ammo seats at the correct place with the case rim, you don't have any issue.

Just beware tho, that 12Ga 76mm, when unfired, will seat into a 70mm chamber anyway, because the shotshell will be shorter than 70mm when new.
When shooting, the shotshell crimp will unfold to 76mm and that plastic would roll over the barrel forcing cone, creating somewhat a choke.

The lesser problem would be a stuck shotshell hull in the barrel, the big problem would be a big fat pressure spike, especially using heavy steel shot rounds or slugs.

t. 12 gauge reloader
>>
File: GOOD TRIGGER DISCIPLINE.jpg (991KB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
GOOD TRIGGER DISCIPLINE.jpg
991KB, 1440x1440px
Why do I come to /k/ when I don't own any weapons, never have, and possibly never will?
>>
>>35105121
Thanks, so even 70mm slug won't be a problem in 76mm chamber? I know they mentioned something about it going as far as destroying or cracking the chamber back in hunting classes so I guess it was for using 76mm in 70mm chamber.
>>
In washington state. Am 20. Do I have to wait till the day of my birthday to apply for CCW or can I apply earlier and receive it on 21 birthday?
>>
File: survivor.jpg (23KB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
survivor.jpg
23KB, 320x256px
I'm in the market for a handcannon. Specifically, I would like to get a semi-automatic one. Price and ammo scarcity are a non-issue, I just want to feel like a badass.

Should I get a Wildey Survivor? I love the gun to bits because of Death Wish 3 but also they're pretty much one of the only guns I know in the semi-automatic handcannon category besides the Desert Eagle and Automag. I know there are some 1911s that are made to fire .357 magnum but I don't want to fuck around with a rimmed cartridge in a semi-auto.
>>
I'm hungy /k/, what should I eat?
>>
>>35105334
dick
>>
I decided to grow out my facial hair as of late. Been a few months and my mustache is the longest it's been.
Whenever I try and eat I end up chomping on a lot of my mustache hairs. This is a pain when I'm eating a sandwich or jerky, stuff that I pull away from my face after biting into.
How do I avoid this? inb4 shaving
>>
>>35105169
because you want to pretend you own guns
>>
>>35105515
Brush your mustache to the sides.
>>
File: IMG_20161115_174456.jpg (3MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161115_174456.jpg
3MB, 4128x3096px
>>35105219

Yes, pressure issues are related to using 76mm shells (or 12-3" in imperial) instead of 70mm (2 3/4") in a shotgun chambered for the smaller shells.

Any modern loaded round that is 70mm total lenght should respect the maximum pressure of 1050 bar if memory serves.

In the older times there were also smaller chambers, like 67mm if i remember correctly.

The problem is, as I mentioned, a loaded shotgun shell has a big part of the plastic hull folded back as a means of closing the whole package.
A star crimp folds back about 10 to 12 millimteters of plastic, a round bead about 6.

So a heavy, 76mm round star crimped would be like 65mm in actual lenght, and will fit in 70mm chamber. The risk is all there. Always look at the box for what ammo you are using.

Also, as a side note, 76mm loadings are mostly common in big birds hunting with steel shot, classic lead loads (both game and target loads, and slugs too) are usually 70mm.

tl;dr: slugs are fine too, any loadings that are 70mm total hull lenght.
>>
File: 20170819_125229.jpg (3MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170819_125229.jpg
3MB, 2880x2160px
Saw this guy in Prague a few weeks back wtf is he wearing and why
More pics incoming
>>
File: 20170819_125208.jpg (1MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170819_125208.jpg
1MB, 2880x2160px
>>35105875
>>
>>35105653
Thanks a lot dude. that's exactly the kind of response I was looking for. No big birds around here so I believe I will be fine with 70mm shells. Thanks again.
>>
File: 20170819_125200.jpg (1MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170819_125200.jpg
1MB, 2880x2160px
>>35105892
>>
>>35105896
Noice one faggot
>>
File: 20170819_125129.jpg (3MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170819_125129.jpg
3MB, 2880x2160px
>>35105906
>>
>>35095903

I saw another anon already answered your question but I thought I'd add since it took my a minute to find out 12x70 = 12 gauge 2 3/4" in american.

With shotguns you can chamber under sized, the only problem you might experience is when you go undersized on a pump or automatic (anything that cycles shells) because it might not have the power to cycle the action. It won't she the gun but it may not cycle every time in a pump and will turn an automatic into a manual only gun with those shells if they weren't designed for it. Break barrels won't have any issues.

My 835 can accept 2 3/4", 3", and 3 1/2" for example
>>
>>35105922
I'm no expert on shotguns, but what if the semi-auto shotgun has an adjustable gas system?
>>
>>35105875
Apart from wearing something absolutely inappropriate it seems to all be rothco so based on the meaningless patch he's probably tryhard airshitter.
>>
>>35105936
Yeah it weirded me out he didn't look like any of the local authorities and he had sneakers on I was pretty wtf mate.
>>
>>35105956
Yeah he's definitely not from Czech Army since they use different camo and have different uniforms they use on leave and czech police wears black uniforms and both need to have insignia that clearly show they are police/army
>>
>>35105992
Also why would anyone wear that outside of wherever he goes to play airsoft or paintball is really beyond me
>>
File: IMG_0229.jpg (760KB, 3070x1262px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0229.jpg
760KB, 3070x1262px
I live in a big city and don't have a car, with hurricane Irma, although we are not in the direct path of the hurricane yet, I am still thinking of an evactuation plan so i can get out early if I have to.

My current working plan is to take a train to my dad's house. The problem is....he lives in Connecticut.

I have no real problem abandoning my guns (after taking key parts out of them so they don't work that is) with the exception of my browning Hi Power. That one will be hard to replace.

If I were to bring my Hi Power to CT and keep it locked in a case unloaded would i be legally allowed to do so? the laws on that are very vague, but it seems like the answer is no.
>>
>>35101428
eat more greens. Also before you go to bed take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, throw in a dash of cayenne pepper and some cinnamon, and add water to make it tolerable, then drink it as fast as you can. I know this is the latest faggot hipster craze but I swear it fucking works like a miracle for constipation.
>>
File: CT is awful.png (85KB, 1298x372px) Image search: [Google]
CT is awful.png
85KB, 1298x372px
>>35106118
CT here, I'm not too familiar with handgun laws since I'm under 21, and I can't even legally possess one. I would think that as long as you don't bring magazines with more than a 10 round capacity you should be good as long as it doesn't qualify as an "assault weapon" as determined by pic. I would definitely call DEEP firearms unit and make sure they say it's fine.
>>
>>35106349
fuck DESPP not DEEP
>>
Over under or side by side?
>>
>>35106478
SxS for cowboy action
O/U for everything else
>>
>>35106349
What the fuck is with antigunners and barrel shrouds. It's like some fetish.
>>
>>35106483
So SXS is inferior then?
>>
>>35106491
Not by much but yes.
>>
>>35106496
But why? Doesn't SXS give you more lateral spread? Or is it really irrelevant.
>>
http://www.armslist.com/posts/7212162/tallahassee-florida-rifles-for-sale--daniel-defense-dd5v1
$800 for a DD5V1 and a bunch of other shit? Is this a scam? What's the catch?
>tfw I'm evacuating to Tallahassee
unironically thank you Irma.
>>
>>35106484
would a slide be considered a barrel shround on a handgun?
im trying to figure out where this would even apply.
>>
>>35106555
The Tec-9. I can't think of another handgun with a barrel shroud.
>>
>>35106511
sight picture is better on o/u
>>
>>35106511
>Doesn't SXS give you more lateral spread?
No the spread would be the same.

>Or is it really irrelevant.
Your aim would be off around half an inch to the left/right depending on which barrel is fired.
>>
Is the Romanian PSL worth purchasing if I want a "budget" dragunov? Would the scope give me any issues due to being a lefty?
>>
Someone explain to me the 18" ballistics gel penetration meme in the context of home defense.

I keep seeing people on youtube whine about this but they never explain why.
>>
>>35106651
Ballistic gel penetration is not 1:1 with human skin and clothes.
To my knowledge the FBI's testing of handgun rounds determined that 18" penetration into ballistic gel was a suitable metric for testing whether or not bullets had enough penetration to hit vital organs reliably.
>>
>>35106651
FBI has a "scientific" method of saying that 18" of penetration in ballistic gel is 'probably' good enough for a bullet to penetrate through tough denim and leather and into vital organs reliably, while also not over-penetrating.

For the record, I believe in the FBI that penetration is the only thing that matters in terminal ballistics.
>>
>>35096401
It's peoples job to check mail. You'd be better off throwing it in a restaurant dumpster across town.
>>
>>35096521
Bren
>>
>>35106580
>>35106620
Ah I see. Thanks.
>>
>>35106697
>>35106707
Not him but wasn't is 12" minimum 18" maximum after penetrating a layer of denim, a layer of fleece, a layer of dress shirt, and an layer of T shirt?
>>
File: GetImage.jpg (13KB, 731x400px) Image search: [Google]
GetImage.jpg
13KB, 731x400px
>>35095903
Is the B.A.D. lever worth it, or is it just an expensive meme?
>>
I'm looking for a good bolt action 22, need recommendations
>>
>>35096543
Kill yourself, nigger.
>>
>>35106766
I have one on several ARs, and I like it quite a bit. My only complaint is that is wiggles a little bit, but that doesn't affect its function.
>>
>>35100885
Your life should be worth more to you than $250.
>>
Sport II or AR-556?
>>
>>35101428
You need a pocket holster that keeps the gun upright and hides its shape.
>>
>>35105515
Trim your mustache at the lip you retain thickness without eating it. Also it looks much more respectable. Less gold rush and more tom selleck
>>
>>35106832
>>35101428
i have a lcp in a wallet holster.
not much bigger than a wallet and the thick leather back prevents printing.
but that would only work in jeans or slacks.
idk how to carry in basketball shorts.
>>
>>35106896
I do it the same way with my jetfire in basketball shorts/trackpants. It might swing around a bit but it doesn't bother me.
>>
>>35105931
I know the Winchester SX3 "Flanigun" has a toggle that will let it run beautifully with even the most anemic sporting shells. However, my neighbour who has the regular SX3 without the toggle has no problems with light loads, nor does this other guy I know with his Remington 1100. Most modern shotguns will be just fine.
>>
>>35105111
Chechnya or Georgia.
>>
>>35106818
Sport II
>>
>>35106818
Neither. Build your own.
>>
>>35095903
This is a really stupid question, like asking if .38 sp can be shot in a .357mag, or if .22 short can be shot in a .22lr. Of course it can. The diameter is the same, only the length changes.
>>
>>35096521
The sig 556 xi has got a reversible charging handle.
>>
File: AR18_diagram.jpg (26KB, 600x169px) Image search: [Google]
AR18_diagram.jpg
26KB, 600x169px
What's the point of a piston return spring (or whatever it's called) on short stroke piston guns? Wouldn't the bolt simply push the piston back in place on its return stroke?
>>
File: 1_L9A1Cover.jpg (93KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
1_L9A1Cover.jpg
93KB, 600x448px
My birthday is coming up and I've decided I want a Steyr, but I can't decide between the L9, M9, or C9. Which one should I get?
>>
>>35108160
Same problem, pls help
>>
Recently I decided on buying a Marlin 1894CB in .45 long colt and it got me thinking. I've heard of pistol cartridges getting fairly substantial gains in velocity and energy when fired out of carbine length barrels i.e 9mm approaching .357 magnum ballistics out of a 16 inch barrel. If I made my own hand loaded .45 long colt using rifle powder specifically for use in my rifle would I be able to press this advantage further? Would I fuck up my gun due to not taking an unforeseen factor into account? Would these special loadings still be safe for use in revolvers? If this does work, what would be an optimal loading for my levergat?
>>
>>35108160
C96
>>
Anyone here have experience with the Dillon 1050? Im thinking about getting one but right now I have a solid single stage press and reload 5 different calibers. But Dillon's site only sells the 1050 preselected configurations. Can you swap out parts for the 10 50 to use different die sets?
>>
how do I swap out the decocker for a safety on my CZ75B Omega? shit looks complicated
>>
File: sad_spurdo.png (43KB, 564x419px) Image search: [Google]
sad_spurdo.png
43KB, 564x419px
>>35108304
>the can't fit one in the budget until next spring
>>
Local gunshop had a Felix Sarasketa/Sarasqueta Pioneer for about 300 bucks, looks to be in good shape so I threw it one layaway without thinking too much about it.
Anyone know anything about these guns?
>>
File: brake.jpg (49KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
brake.jpg
49KB, 750x500px
Where the actual FUCK can I find a muzzle brake that fits my post 580 series Mini 14? I've checked everywhere from eBay to MidwayUSA and there's nothing.
>>
>>35108147
My best guess is that the piston in question is flimsier than it appears and having the bolt hammer into it continuously would cause damage over time.
>>
File: Jahn Wick.gif (4MB, 416x177px) Image search: [Google]
Jahn Wick.gif
4MB, 416x177px
I want to buy a suppressor. What are the steps and special rules? I'm a burger, so it shouldn't be too bad, yes?
>>
>>35096514
>That I know, just thought shooting shells shelter than the chambers might cause some problems too
the only issue is carbon buildup
if you fire like 200 rounds of 2 3/4 then swap to 3inch its going to jam up or be a bitch to extract.
you get a ring of crap in the chamber like on a revolver that you fired a bunch of 38 through then swapped to 357
not a big deal since cleaning will fix it but something to be aware of
>>
File: 1472310514376.jpg (27KB, 299x415px) Image search: [Google]
1472310514376.jpg
27KB, 299x415px
>>35095903
shotgun noob here, just picked up an H&R singleshot with a full choke.

Can i shoot slugs and buckshot out of these? i dont want my barrel blowing up on me
>>
>>35109869
its fine to shoot anything through a full choke as long as the choke tube is properly installed.
a loose choke will cause problems.
if its a fixed choke barrel no worries at all
>>
>>35109811
1. Buy suppressor
2. Get fingerprinted, and photographed
3. Send form 4, photos, prints and $200 to the ATF, wait 9 months.
4. get stamp
>>
looking for a cheap bolt action 22, anyone know a good recommendation for one?
>>
>>35110381
Savage MK II with the bull barrel.
>>
How do I know when my gun is properly oiled enough on the exterior? I see a faint sheen when I tilt it in the light but it is a revolver so I can't really tell if it's just the metal.
>>
>>35095903
Will a dust cover from a 7.62x51 Galil fit on the .223 Golani sporter?
>>
I have a 583 series mini14 like new, I have a trade offer for a Winchester model 70 300wsm. It has textured syn stock and sporter bbl.

I can't really gauge the value of the m70, any ideas?
>>
>>35101253
556 and 223 are the same size. The Same. 5.56mm = 0.223 inches. The only difference, as previously mentioned, is pressure. 5.56 has a higher pressure, and can cause catastrophic failures (that means you lose your gun and probably a few fingers) in a gun chambered for .223, so build it with 5.56 parts, as previously suggested. 5.56 and .223 are both very abundant in the current market.
>>
What's the best way to keep a firearm at home, so that:
1) access is impossible for kids
2) access is easy and fast for you in case of emergency
>>
>>35101428
eat your fruits and veggies anon
>>
>>35103714
yeah mate why not? its not a pressure bearing part. You'd probaly have difficulty attaching it to the metal pieces though considering its a smaller piece of polymer
>>
>>35103753
thanks for the analysis mate.
>>35103768
>>35104992
do this and practice dry fire at home.
>>35105000
Why do you want reloaded? Most folks here will tell you to never buy reloaded because its incredibly tedious to see if its been done correctly and if you don't check, there's no guarantee that the loads will be even close to equal
>>
>>35105169
gun pictures and the 1% that is helpful, informative conversation.
>>
>>35112123
Electronic pistol safes. (Keypad or biometric)
>>
>>35105515
>>35106878
+1 for this idea
source: i do this
>>
>>35106759
I'm pretty sure that the gel consistency actually accounts for this
>>
File: t_IMG_4129.jpg (50KB, 622x268px) Image search: [Google]
t_IMG_4129.jpg
50KB, 622x268px
Will the Crosman 1077 fit 177CAL BB's, if it's designed for air gun pellets? I've not had the chance to reload one or see exactly how it works, but I'm interested in one.
>>
Anyone got the pic showing how the shotgun from fallout 3 works?
>>
>>35112207
>Why do you want reloaded?

Thanks for the info. I was just looking for very cheap ammo to plink with. I guess it's not worth it.
>>
>>35105326
450 rowland glock/1911 or a 10mm semi auto would be fucking dope as far as modern/functional handcannons go.
>>
I hear internet providers are selling your private browsing history to the highest bidder,
I'm a NEET who lives with his folks. Will they get shit for my 4chan shitposts? Or will I be able to take the blame somehow?
>>
How do I clean out the inside of an old ww2 canteen? It has some sort of rust looking stuff inside
>>
>>35114281
Take 2-3 tablespoons of baking powder in there and fill with boiling water. Leave for 6 hours or so, then flush it out. Should deal with most grime.
>>
File: 20170909_004542.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170909_004542.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
Anyone else /spooked/ right now? Heard gunshots and friend who lives close texted right after asking if I heard them. I guess CA gun laws didn't keep all the chilluns safe after all.
>>
>>35114490
Probably just some enthusiastic hunters who enjoy the clean lines of a classic firearm without a clunky suppressor on.
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>35114499
I live in suburban Southern CA with no undeveloped land for literally 10, if not more miles in any direction. Also it was 8 shots in rapid succession.
>>
>>35114511
>I live in suburban Southern CA with no undeveloped land for literally 10, if not more miles in any direction.
They could be hunting rats or cats or dogs or birds.
>Also it was 8 shots in rapid succession.
Theodore Roosevelt, weak-sighted as he was, was heard to say "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often.", which reflected in his choice of hunting weapons - He favored the Winchester brand Winchester in 1895 Winchester, and used it to stop a lion and kill a black rhino on his safari. 8 rounds is not unheard of in a good semi-automatic rifle.

You worry too much, Anon.
>>
>>35113818
Not handcannon enough for me.
>>
>>35114527
>hunting for rats
>in a city
>a city in commiefornia
>not murder

I worry about you guys sometimes.
>>
>>35114732
People have hunted for stranger things in far more hostile and/or nonpermissive environments.
In Africa, they hunt for albinos, believing them to have magical powers. Poachers hunt tigers and rhino and elephant, well knowing that to be caught by a warden or any other authority means summary execution, even on grounds as vague as suspicion of illegal activities. There's even a movie called Taken, where Liam Neeson plays a father chasing after his daughter who has been kidnapped by Albanian human traffickers while on a trip to Paris.
Enjoying the thrill of the hunt while clearing the neighborhood of varmint despite being in an "unfriendly" city environment (What are the effete metropolitans going to do?`Furrow their delicately plucked brows at worst, most like!) is absolutely tame in comparison.
If you want to be left alone, I suggest you holler out into the night "I've drunk all the Jägermeister, and I cannot mix a passable Pimm's to save my life!".
>>
>>35106766
I use one on my AR but I'm a lefty so it works pretty well for me.
>>
>>35112426
In my experience metal bb's do work, plastic ones tend to explode.
Not sure if they would seat too well in the rotary mag. They might just fall out.
>>
Living in an apartment and another resident got a pit bull. Normally wouldn't mind except it's violent.

What is the best hand gun should it try to attack my dog again?
>>
Good first gun for a smallish girl/woman? She's 5'1, small hands, good friend of mine going through a divorce right now with an abusive husband. She had me teach her how to shoot (among other things I taught her ...) and she's got one of mine right now, but I'd like to get her something for her birthday coming up next month. I was thinking an SCCY CPX2 or a LCP but think it might be too hard for her to rack the slide. Maybe a Taurus PT-22/25 or Beretta counterpart?

I thought about a revolver but she hated my .38 snub nose so maybe if I can find a .32 revolver. A .22 would be perfect but I don't like the idea of putting a .22 in her hands for self defense, as an inexperienced shooter and in the event dumbfuck decides to bust down her door because he's a big dude. She has me on speed dial but I'm about 30 minutes away, so she's going to have to hold down the fort if something happens.
>>
What's a good starter handgun to buy? I've looked up a ton of articles and they all say different shit

I'm leaning towards a Glock 17
>>
File: IMG_0637.jpg (113KB, 640x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0637.jpg
113KB, 640x445px
Is an FID card required to purchase barrel blanks in Massachusetts?
What about barrel liners?
>>
>>35117415
IMO the Glock 19 is more balanced when held and you can actually CC it if you ever chose to try that out.
>>
>>35111984
Does it have a claw extractor? (New Model 70s, 2016.5+ and Pre-64's have this).

Also
>300WSM
Why?
300 Win Mag is cheaper, more accurate, and has a lot of handloading options.
>>
What's the best laser/light combo for pistols at a reasonable price?
>>
Are Taurus guns shit?
>>
>>35119023
Yea.
>>
How many quarters will a .357 bullet go through? I'm talking a hot loaded 158gr JHP.
>>
>>35116126
My old grandma likes her Bersa Thunder
>>
File: meanwhileattaurus.png (228KB, 679x800px) Image search: [Google]
meanwhileattaurus.png
228KB, 679x800px
>>35119023
Do Indians poo in the street?
>>
>>35119457
Are Bersa guns shit?

>>35119078
>>35119482
Some faggot on youtube was just telling people to buy them and do QC on your own and send it back if it's bad.
>>
>>35116126
Do not give a woman a semi automatic pistol if she will not regularly train with it.

This is why people often recommend revolvers for women, because if buy a .38, load 5 random rounds in it, and leave it in a purse for a year, then chances are it will still fire if they actually need to use it.
>>
>>35119494
Ah yes, the "BOI IT AINT SO BAD ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS GET PAST THE 8,000 ROUND BREAK IN PERIOD, THEN REPLACE EVERY SINGLE PART ON IT BUT THEN ITLL RUN GREAT" retard.

you see anon when people buy expensive things and they turn out to be trash, people rather not admit that they were retarded enough to buy said piece of garbage in the first place, and it is you who is wrong about it, not them.

Also Bersas are low tier but theyll shoot. bout C-
>>
File: sten.jpg (141KB, 740x465px) Image search: [Google]
sten.jpg
141KB, 740x465px
Is there a name for these "barebones" style guns, or the names of any similar guns?
>>
>>35119579
Tubeshit for weapons made from tubes.
>>
>>35119560
>when people buy expensive things and they turn out to be trash
but the point of the video was that Taurii were cheap...

If Bersa is C- what is Taurus?
>>
>>35112993
'course mane
>>
>>35114177
who would bid on your browsing history? Nobody cares.
>>
W H I C H O N E
H
I
C
H
O
N
E
>>
I just got my first pistol a CZ75B Omega

Is it bad if there is a little bit of play in the decocker? like I can move it around a little bit without it actually doing anything

Also is it bad to play around with it too much when it's empty? Like sitting at your desk and playing with the mag release, letting the slide slam home on an empty chamber, etc

tl;dr how do I own and care for a pistol
>>
anyone have a link to this study? its the one that says 90% of gun owners support background checks.

Two years after Newtown—public opinion on gun policy revisited
>>
>>35114490
Mossberg 590?
>>
>>35114527
People don't tend to hunt stuff in the middle of suburbia
>>
>>35119990
>sort by lowest price
>top of the list

>>35120131
No it's not bad that there's wiggle in the decocker, and nope it's not bad to play with it when it's empty. You can't hurt the gun with your squishy meat hands, with the exception of letting the slide slam home on an empty chamber can eventually cause peening but a few dozen times over the life of the gun won't hurt anything. Just try not to make a habit of it.

Think about hitting an anvil with a hammer in the same spot over and over. One strike might not even leave a mark but over time It would create a dent in each object.
>>
>>35120348
Isnt that what happens every time you fire it?
or does the extractor scooping another round out of the mag soften the impact of the slide hitting home?

Also is there anything else I should/should not be doing that isn't obvious? I've owned a rifle for a couple years, are the basics the same?
>>
>>35120419
The slide is slowed down a bit when it tries to scoop a round out of the magazine so it's less violent than if the slide were unimpeded under full spring tension.

Nope, pretty much nothing you're going to do will damage the gun while you're playing with it. Nothing should pop out, the levers shouldn't damage anything under any circumstance, it should be safe to handle. Just try to be conscious of safety rules.

This won't damage the gun, but when I'm fiddling with them I take the magazine out, because the follower activates the slide stop for last round hold open, and when you're monkeying with it and playing with the trigger you probably don't want the slide to lock open.

Again, be safe. Treat every gun as if it's always loaded, even if it's not, it'll teach your brain not to point it without intent.
>>
>>35120504
>Treat every gun as if it's always loaded, even if it's not, it'll teach your brain not to point it without intent.

Of course.
Also I find myself swapping mags alot for some reason the mag release feels good to play with. But I'll stop letting the slide slam home on empty, I think I've only done it a few times anyway
>>
My grandfather gave me a very nice knife. He told me recently that I need to wax it with carauba wax. Looking into it, I see a few different kinds of carauba wax. What should I be buying to wax the knife with and how do I do it?
>>
>>35097310
^
Fucking faggot. I was born and raised in N.IL. Had to move South to get away from obnoxious fags like you, and you probably weren't born there. You live in one of those dumb Chicago burbs..palos..estate..hoffman..heights..woods..river..grove. just pick two. Are the niggers and spics encroaching on your crumbly street artic wastland? Illinois is bankrupted. Did you get a FOID card? Your state is full oc other anti-gun idiots. KYS, you dont need a gun, you need a lobotomy and a uhaul.
>>
File: IMG_20170909_182856.jpg (1MB, 1872x3328px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170909_182856.jpg
1MB, 1872x3328px
Is this safe to drink from? Ww2 canteen that I've tried to clean, any suggestions? (Already tried baking powder and water like above said)
>>
>>35103768
pull the trigger so slow that you are suprised when it fires. then hold the trigger back and only release it enough to reset for the next shot. This will help with flinching and slapping the trigger. Can you dry fire your weapon? if yes, do that every day.
>>
CX4 a good option for a first PCC?
Just looking for something to plink around with, nothing serious
>>
>>35120718
I don't see an issue. Give it a cap full of bleach in hot water and a thorough rinse if you want more feel goods about it.
>>
>>35120740
Ok thanks, I just don't want to end up like that anon who died from a canteen cup.
>>
I'm a in cali and have register my MP5 and submit pictures of it. I feel the collapsible stock might make them ask to prove that it is fixed. Will a cheap airsoft stock fit?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252877810213
>>
>>35119516

She hated my .38 though. Might try to find her a cheap .32 locally. Just not comfortable giving her a .22 but maybe a .22 magnum? Reason I said the Taurus or Beretta is with the tip-up barrel, there's no slide to rack and she'll be good to go (in theory).

>but when I'm not teaching that pussy how to squirt, I plan on teaching her how to shoot proficiency because her ex hubby is a big ole biker cocksucker. Thinks he's tough shit but he's not, but he scares her to death.
>>
>>35121456
>squirt
It's pee, my man. Nothing wrong with pee, but just so we're clear.
>>
Are Daewoo handguns any good? I see a few on GunBroker and they're almost always under 400. Thinking of picking one up for the novelty.
>>
File: 1482191354242.jpg (74KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
1482191354242.jpg
74KB, 500x650px
>>35121831
Awoo?
>>
the nigger filter isnt back is it
>>
>>35121831

The pistols I'm guessing and not a Daewoo rifle?

I own a Lionheart LH9 which is literally just a cerakoted Daewoo. It's pretty good. It's essentially a newer S&W59 with a better safety location. If that's what you're looking for, absolutely get one.

Those guns were last imported like 20 years ago though, and were pretty cheap back then so probably expect them to be abused.
>>
>>35101223
can't have a flash hider has to be replaced by a muzzle brake
stock can't be collapsible
no foregrips
no mags over 10 rounds
>>
>>35101253
get a rifle that fires 5.56 then you can fire both 5.56 and .223 and not worry about it.
>>
>>35095903
>: will it be a big problem if I shoot 12x70 ammo from 12x76 shotgun?

NO PROB
>>
>>35122071
Yup the pistols, specifically the DP51. For the price, it seems like a decent deal. Just want something to plink with in 9mm. Its either the Awooo or an Italian trade in 92S, but those are gonna be in even worse shape. Think I'll get it, thanks man!
>>
Revolver owners of /k/, have you ever had one jam on you? How often have they jammed, and in what way?
>>
I was in here about a week ago asking for tips on owning a CZ75B Omega and someone suggested getting some spare parts to keep around just in case, and I can't remember what they are. Is that person in here or does anyone know what they are talking about?
also what tools might I need?
>>
Anyone have experience building handguns? What kit do you recommend, and where should I buy the parts? Polymer PF940 looks cool.
>>
>>35122808
You shouldn't need any spare parts for a new gun, especially under warranty.

But some things that can break or become lost in descending order of frequency:
Small screws, detents or plugs
Small springs (firing pin safety, detent, extractor, etc like to fly across the room)
Extractors
Grip screws (easy to strip/wallow without correct drivers)
Magazine release latch
Large springs (hammer, recoil springs wear out eventually)

None of that should be relevant to a new gun under warranty.
>>
>>35123295
fair enough, I guess I'll worry about it when the time comes
>>
Is there a good pocket 9mm below $300?
>>
File: temp11873785.gif (3KB, 51x51px) Image search: [Google]
temp11873785.gif
3KB, 51x51px
Can I put a glock 17 locking block in a glock 19 frame and then use a 17 barrel with a 19 slide?
>>
>>35120301
Crushing boundaries, defying conventions and going against norms and pioneering and trailblazing are part of the way of the man. It has now been several hours since the original post ( >>35114490 ) expressed some concern, and he has made no sign of hurting or suffering, signifying that he's most likely alive and well, and that our hunter has taken his bag for the day and retired to his home to engage in some correspondence and a nightcap before turning in as to be ready for a new and productive day.
>>
>>35095903
Just found out the Obrez is in BF1.
Has there already been threads about this? I don't play the game but find it amazing the Obrez got added.
>>
>>35105875
>that girls face
i find her attractive, she could look disgustedly at me
>>
>>35123939
The game has a lever nugget since day 1. I guess no one would be very excited about a plain old nugget cut down to be a hand nugget.
>>
Anyone can explain Shotgun's sidelock and boxlock with layman terms ?
I'm reading the article from google but all of them fly over my head.
>>
>>35124525
Boxlock and sidelock refer to where the lockwork (The mechanisms to reset the action) are located.

Boxlock the mechanisms are located inside the stock/frame of the shotgun.

Sidelock the mechanisms are mostly located and attached to a side plates that can be removed as a contained piece.

Think of it as a pinned in trigger unit vs a drop in trigger unit.
>>
>>35122749
Only once, when my super sweet nickel plated heritage 22mag with faux mother of pearl grips broke.

And I've seen one jam when a bullet started working its way out of the brass (suppose from recoil) and bound up the cylinder.

Much more rare occurrence than with any semi auto in my experience.

That heritage was my first handgun, and it went through hell and back. Took many many rounds before it broke. Still have all the pieces, just never got around to fixing it.

Oh, and 22mag from a revolver just sucks. Extremely unpleasant report. Not just louder than you'd expect, but at a frequency that just pierces your skull.
>>
>>35123632
Raspberry ruger lc9 from buds for $296. That's about as good as you're gonna get at that price point unless you're buying used.
>>
>>35100885
Do you plan to use it in self defense and don't want to cry after a gun kept by police in a evidence locker forever? Get a HiPoint.
>>
>>35106565
Pretty much every AR pistol and several AK ones.
>>
>>35123632
Depending on your definition of good, dozens. Something like a DB9 can be found under 300 depending on your state.
>>
Is a Savage .32acp worth $250 used?
>>
First family gun is a M&P .22 compact (pls no bully) too poor to buy my own but saving for one. Dad went small to save on ammo even tho no one's even fired it yet besides me. Anything wrong with dryfiring though?? I'm sure it's not great but I'm just trying to get a feel for my new fun
>>
>>35124593
Thanks, I think I'm misunderstanding something here, please bear with me.
>mechanisms are mostly located and attached to a side plates
Does that mean there are 2 mechanism in both side plate ?
Or actually there's only 1 removable side plate in the gun ?
>>
Why does it seem barrel length matters a lot more on revolvers than it does semi-autos?
>>
>>35125805
It would be 2 one for each hammer.
>>
>>35095903
/k/iwi here. Is the Norinco M14 a good entry into battle rifles?
>>
>>35125933
Depends on how cheap they are there, its got piss poor accuracy wise, loads of fun but take a little work to get them running well.
>>
File: 5452.jpg (29KB, 475x352px) Image search: [Google]
5452.jpg
29KB, 475x352px
Why do people buy stupidly light revolvers? Novice shooters will find them unpleasant to shoot and probably won't practice enough as a result, while more experienced shooters would presumably understand that they can easily carry an extra ten ounces of gun.
>>
>>35106349
>No Walther PPQ M2 handguns
>Only M1

While I am extremely curious as to why, at least CT acknowledges that lever > button mag release
>>
I know absolutely nothing about reloading. I'm not looking to save money, I just want to reload (and in time I'll probably save some.)

I'd like to set myself up where all that is required of me is buying all the components in bulk and cranking the lever. I think this is called a progressive press? Every source says not to use one of these if you're new, why is this the case even though it's simpler?

Would it benefit me in the long run to use a multi stage? Can someone give me a quick rundown on what that entails?
>keep in mind that I learned that grain amount meant bullet weight like last week

Thanks and excuse the autism/newfaggotry.
>>
How bad of an idea is getting a cheapish .45 1911 and converting it to .460 Rowland?
>>
>>35096023
They shut down a couple months ago
>>
>>35126772
It's a meme, go 10mm if you want power, and .357 or .44 if you want even more power.
>>
>>35126794
Isn't .460 Rowland more powerful than 10mm?
>>
>>35126800
Yes, and it's also a pointless ripoff meme.
>>
>>35126817
I've seen more expensive ammo.
>>
>>35096521
Get Vz58, give bcg to a funsmith, have him cut the bolt handle off and put a new one on the left side by drilling and tapping then pin and welding it in place.
>>
>>35123632
No.
>>
>>35126111
I see new shooters buy light snub noses all the time becuase they are light and easy to carry. They don't care about my recommendations to check out something larger than they can still carry and hold comfortably, they just want the smallest they can get without going derringer. The vast majority of these guys are people who have never shot before and are too weak to rack a slide on a semi auto.

A few people do buy them as back up ankle guns, or guns for use in very specific circumstances.
>>
>>35106766
Apparently they cause some reliability issues on some rifles and work perfectly on others. I personally don't see much of a point in them though.
>>
>>35106779
CZ and Savage have really good ones
>>
>>35126950
So the answer is basically that people are ignorant retards?
>>
>>35106896
Kysex iwb with a clip
>>
>>35125815
Weight affects felt recoil. Semis reduce felt recoil due to the action cycling.
>>
>>35126950
Almost nobody besides small children is too weak to rack slides. They just haven't had it explained to them that it is a two handed pushing motion rather than a hold and pull motion.
>>
>>35109054
It should take standard AR muzzle devices. Check out CNC warrior.
>>
>>35125786
Most .22 rimfires strike the lip of the barrel when dry firing causing your firing pin to eventually crystallize and shatter. You'll have to replace it eventually even through normal usage but dry firing constantly ( like not just days done decock or a round had a FTF and the hammer struck home) can speed this up a lot. Effectively, don't dry fire .22's cause you want to get a feel for it. Buy dummy rounds and put them in it before doing that.
>>
>>35122749
Yes, an EAA windicator after putting it through 75 rounds it started to knock out brass just enough to bind the cylinder from turning. Opening and closing the cylinder fixed it and it only ever did this once in 400 rounds.
>>
File: 1489589180238.jpg (81KB, 567x461px) Image search: [Google]
1489589180238.jpg
81KB, 567x461px
>>35127135
>Dummy rounds

Didn't even know those exist. Thanks m8.
I literally can't take my hands off it. Watching football and cleaning it/repeatedly taking it apart and reassembling it.
>>
>>35125077
>>35125215

I just got a used ruger lc9 with 2 magazines from my lgs for $265.
>>
File: fugg.jpg (36KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
fugg.jpg
36KB, 663x579px
I want a mauser. Whats the most I should pay for a Vz24? What about a postwar Czech K98k? Should I just wait for a deal on an actual RC Nazi K98k? I don't want to spend more than $700.
>>
>>35127181
>400 rounds
This is not enough to indicate anything nearing acceptable reliability for a revolver especially.
>>
>>35128681
>Whats the most I should pay for a Vz24?

$300
>>
>>35128779
What about the postwar Czech K98k rifles with the "winter" trigger guards?
>>
File: zz6958a (1).jpg (396KB, 1212x1606px) Image search: [Google]
zz6958a (1).jpg
396KB, 1212x1606px
Anyone know where to find good magazine scans? I'm looking for pic

Guns & Ammo May 1993
>>35095903
>>
>>35128995
I (((might))) have that issue if you'd like me to take photos from it
>>
>>35129161
please god. i mainly want the USP parts. if it wouldn't be too much for you. shit you're great
>>
Should I make a glock 19 clone from a kit? I don't really like any of my poly pistols, but it seems like it'll end up being more expansive than a real glock. I also like my pistols to have a safety because I'm gay, and it looks like none of the kits come with one.
>>
>>35130243
>expansive
Expensive
>>
i'm really bored, so i'm going to try and write a program to CNC mill a muzzle brake for my GSG 1911.

since it's only .22LR, 6061 aluminum should be more than sufficient, yes?
>>
Will leaving a shotgun tube loaded deform the plastic shells over time?
>>
>>35130524
Depends how many years you're leaving it and how hot it's going to get. In theory, yes.
>>
>>35130544
Should i be worried if I cycle out the shells every other month?
>>
>>35130492
I've done it before they degrade rather quickly even with 22lr.
>>
Can any other CZ75B Omega owners tell me if I put that spring back in backwards? I tried and failed to swap the decocker for the safety

also I let my mother handle it with her mud-caked gardening gloves, and while I've cleaned all the mud from everywhere I can see, my trigger and hammer have some audible grit, am I fukt? It's my first pistol and haven't had this happen yet
>>
File: glock-special-19-roland-9.jpg (41KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
glock-special-19-roland-9.jpg
41KB, 1000x667px
Is it possible/logical/reasonable to do a roland special type setup onto a glock 20?
>>
>>35122749
Owned a tarus judge, didn't jam per se but after I shot five shots and opened to cylinder, it quite literally fell off the gun.
>>
>>35125625
If it works, why not?
>>
File: Attach20859_20170910_223900.jpg (412KB, 2000x1332px) Image search: [Google]
Attach20859_20170910_223900.jpg
412KB, 2000x1332px
Tell me, Kommandos, ia there an easy way to put a folding stock on a PAP M92 with a Sig Brace
>style arm brace? Looking to make something compact thats still technically a pistol so it can be transported loaded under my CCW permit.
>>
>>35131210
What shithole state do you live in that doesn't let you carry a concealed long gun?
>>
>>35131219
Not him, but there are a few states, like Colorado that allow a loaded handgun in a car, but not a loaded long gun.
>>
>>35131219
>What shithole state do you live in that doesn't let you carry a concealed long gun?

Ohio. Actually, pretty gun friendly, but long guns need to be in plain view with the action open while in a vehicle. So, like, in a window rack or something.

>Ohio statute O.R.C. 2923.16 allows for three ways for those not licensed to carry a concealed handgun to transport firearms in a motor vehicle. The firearm(s) must be unloaded and carried in one of the following ways:

>(1) In a closed package, box, or case;

>(2) In a compartment that can be reached only by leaving the vehicle;

>(3) In plain sight and secured in a rack or holder made for the purpose;

>(4) If the firearm is at least twenty-four inches in overall length as measured from the muzzle to the part of the stock furthest from the muzzle and if the barrel is at least eighteen inches in length, either in plain sight with the action open or the weapon stripped, or, if the firearm is of a type on which the action will not stay open or which cannot easily be stripped, in plain sight.
>>
>>35122411
Plus, dat tripple action
>>
>>35106766
Super fucking handy, will be on ll my future AR builds
>>
Are the new tomb raider games any fun?
>>
File: gaylo_shotgun.png (569KB, 1560x380px) Image search: [Google]
gaylo_shotgun.png
569KB, 1560x380px
this is probably gonna sound gay but what kinda furniture can I put on my Mossberg 500 to make it look similar to the shotgun from halo?
the stock forearm is shit so I might as well replace the entire furniture for it.
>>
>>35131408
seconded
>>
>>35131243
>Not him, but there are a few states, like Colorado that allow a loaded handgun in a car, but not a loaded long gun.
You're allowed to have a magazine inserted, just not to have a round chambered. You could conceal a SBS'd Saiga with a drum mag full of Dragon's Breath and an attached dragon dildo brand bayonet in your car and it would be 110% kosher as long as the firing pin would hit nothing but air if someone pulled the trigger.
>>
File: Deer Suplex.gif (2MB, 468x263px) Image search: [Google]
Deer Suplex.gif
2MB, 468x263px
If I were to encounter a wounded animal on the side of the road and used a handgun to end its suffering, is that considered an unlawful discharge?
>>
>>35131807
At best, and poaching at worst. Assuming that you didn't hit it, just call your local fish and game office and move along.
>>
>>35131408
Hogue makes forearm with a light built in, any generic heat shield and ar15 type butt stock. That's about as close as you're getting without major engineering to the tube above the barrel.
>>
>>35131117
Fucking kek, how is that even possible

>>35131871
It's only illegal if you get caught, I'd shoot the fucker if I was in the middle of nowhere
>>
What's a good price to pay for a factory new HK USP 9mm?
>>
>>35128752
I suppose I should've specified that was one range trip being 400 rounds, the amount that has been through it is about 1600 .357 and 2000 .38. It's only locked up in the beginning when I first got it. For a sub 300 revolver that's good enough for my ass.
>>
>>35132124
whatever the lowest price is that you can find
>>
Opinions on Rock Island 1911s?
>>
>>35132838
If you're not planning on shooting .460 rowland out of it or going to war with it, you should be fine. They make neat stuff
>>
>>35132124
Too much
>>
>>35132885
Well that's the thing, I was looking for a .460 Rowland conversion. Specifically the one with their 'Cobra' compensator which they say does not play nice with stainless steel barrels. And I haven't been able to find a lot of 1911 that don't have stainless steel barrels, or at least ones that I can confirm don't.
>>
>>35132895
1st read the fucking safety guidelines because they clearly list that as an unsafe brand because it's based in the Phillipines and uses low quality steel

2nd it's not the barrel that matters. You're replacing the barrel. The frame and slide are what the barrel is recoiling against and stainless steel isn't as likely to work out of the box. It has a different surface quality to other forms of steel.
>>
>>35096521
Bear creek arsenal make really nice side charging lefty ar recievers if you can suck up that faggoty hipster attitude
>>
>>35095903
Continued here: >>35132980
>>
>>35100118
>>35100144
>>35100205

5.56 nato is moderatly higher pressure than .223 remington, and has a larger chamber to accomadate. It is not recommended to shoot 5.56 in older .223 rifles, although newer guns shouldn't have any issues if they aren't trash.

.223 remington chambers have a tighter throat that is not designed for .556 pressures, but are generally considered more accurate and consistent because of it.

.223 wylde has a tight throat like .223 remington with reinforcements for higher pressure. It maintains the alledged accuarcy of .223 remington while still safely handling .556.

Tl dr: get .223 wylde if possible, it takes both .223 remington and 5.56 nato with an aledged accuracy bonus over 5.56
>>
>>35132932
Well I'm having trouble finding 1911s without a stainless steel slide and frame, too. Even under the brands that they recommend on the .460 Rowland site.
>>
>>35100885
Romainian tokarev: 9 round sigle stack is narrow for comfy iwb carry and ammo is cheap for training

If anyones mention the term "drop safe" just call the a pussy and say idi nahui
>>
>>35133050
Then don't get stainless steel. That's the problem with high power custom shit, it doesn't work with everything. I'm not doing your homework for you.
>>
>>35132102
>It's only illegal if you get caught
Just like literally every other crime.
>>
>>35133050
Dude, don't do the clark 460 rowland conversion. If you must, get one with a ramped barrel (i.e. para) and have a genuine smith do the fitting.

Or better yet, don't be a poorfag and just have Wilson build you one.

I had clark "fit" a ramped 460 rowland barrel in a 1911 before jr's death. They were a shit company with monkeys working in the shop. Completely messed up cutting the frame for the para/clark ramp. Cut nearly 0.1" too deep so that the link pin was the rear stop rather than the frame. The link pin looked more like a miniature crankshaft after only 10 rounds.

Then as a "fix", they put a porous blob of a weld on the back of the ramp and filed it down to kinda sorta fit, all while apparantly dragging the tig torch across the chamber.

Jr gave me the runaround until I finally got him to buy the fucked up pistol from me. I don't have any idea if they're better or worse now that coattail-riding jr is in another realm.
>>
>>35134515
I thought the conversion kits were self-installable. Or at least, gives you the parts so a smith can do it.
>>
>>35134550
The non-ramped barrel ones are.

My first 460 was with a non-ramped barrel. Shooting a 45 at pressures that make the brass look like guppied 40 glawk brass was not confidence inspiring. Fully-supported ramped barrels are the only way to go when looking at 460 in a 1911.

But to each their own. I'd highly recommend not shooting any reloaded brass in a non-ramped 1911 configuration, if that's the way you go.
>>
>>35134611
If you have any models of 1911 that you recommend for a .460ing, I'm all ears, because I've been trying to do my own homework and honestly have ended up more confused.
>>
>>35134550
If you're gonna do it, do it right.
https://www.wilsoncombat.com/hunter/
>>
>>35134623
At this rate I should order a Wildey.
>>
>>35134617
I DO NOT recommend using the non-ramped barrel in a 1911.

Fitting a ramped barrel will require proper machining or starting off with a frame already cut for a ramped barrel (beware, they can all vary significantly in how they're cut). It is really the only way to go if you plan on something more useful than a 200-round-max range toy.

I ended up using a Para single stack with a schuemann ramped/threaded barrel reamed to 460 Rowland with a pretty sizeable compensator.

Anything mid-grade or better should suffice for a starting point, if you don't want to spend the coin on a proper Wilson Hunter.

Remington R1 (cough, cough)
Ruger SR1911
Springfield (if you don't mind supporting those backstabbing faggots)
Colt, used (run of the mill model, obviously you don't want to modify something of real value)

I think I'd avoid the ATI and Armscor/RIA and lesser grades.

Stainless would be OK, but you'd have to deal with the potential for galling through the judicious use of proper lubes and/or accepting a shorter lifespan of the firearm.

If I was to build one again, I think I'd find an old Para double stack or even risk it with the new Remington double stack (since the douchebags bought and killed off the Para Ordnance name).

Hell, I still have my first non-ramped 460 barrel+comp from clark somewhere and would sell it dirt cheap. The only thing is it has a narrowed hood as I originally used it in a Colt Combat Target which has the narrower gold-cup style hood cutout.
>>
>>35134783
You know, on second thought, I'd forget about a double stack. Bullet setback is a real thing, and the more rounds that are fired while the ammo is waiting in the mag, the more chance of it rearing its ugly head.
>>
>>35134824
I don't really want a double-stack anyways. Half of the reason I'm looking at 1911s is because for me at least being thin is more important for CC than having a short barrel or a small grip.
>>
>>35134914
>cc a 460 rowland
Surely you jest.
>>
>>35134923
I need a 1911 to even do that first, so I'm more focusing on that aspect.
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.