[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

C96

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Mauser_C96_M1916_Red_9_3.jpg (398KB, 1600x866px) Image search: [Google]
Mauser_C96_M1916_Red_9_3.jpg
398KB, 1600x866px
With a bad performace
but the most beloved pistol in WW2 China?
How did Chinese fight Japanese with this bad thing?
>>
File: bukakkewarrior.jpg (388KB, 966x733px) Image search: [Google]
bukakkewarrior.jpg
388KB, 966x733px
>>35093972
Chinamen are craftier than you would think
>>
>>35093972

C96's and other wacky .32 pistol copies were mainly popular because of export restrictions into China during the interwar period.They couldn't get a lot of modern boltguns, but pistols were relatively unrestricted.

So, you got a lot of pistols into the country, particularly in stocked form.

The Chinese military standardized on the pattern, people made copies, and it became very common.

I would imagine they used a lot of them simply because they had them, and that we simply just don't hear accounts of them fucking up or being shitty (Them being beloved probably being a major factor in this). Plus, compared to just using one as a pistol, a stocked C96 is a very different animal.
>>
>>35093972
They liked the C96 because that was what was available. Germany was their biggest supplier of arms until outbreak of World War II.
>>
>>35093972
It's not a bad gun.
Weird today? For sure, but when well maintained they worked wonderfully
>>
Both the IRA and Churchill loved it. Nuff said.
>>
The 7.63 mm Mauser and its child, the 7.62 mm Tokarev, have amazing velocity for pistol rounds. A C96 Schnellfeuer with wooden stock gives you a decent proto-PDW for far cheaper than what a Mauser carbine would have cost at the time. Further, the Mauser and Tokarev pistol cartridges are much less punishing to shoot for the malnourished Chinese peasant shanghaied into the nearest warlord's army and can penetrate the thick coats and furs worn to keep out the howling winds of the North China Plain.

I would almost hazard to say that the Mauser C96 is to the Chinese historical imagination what the Single Action Army is to the Old West.
>>
>everyone talking about 7.63 mauser
Didn't the chink clones run .45 ACP?
>>
>>35095367
Yes, mostly. If I remember, it was for ammo commonality with the Thompsons they also had.
>>
>>35093972
>With a bad performace
>but the most beloved pistol in WW2 China?
>How did Chinese fight Japanese with this bad thing?

Time for another round of "guess the nationality".
>>
>>35095385

weeb
>>
>>35095378
>mostly
no
>>35093972
they were used with stock
>>
>>35095055
Churchill, IRA and russians.
>>
>>35095367
Shansei clones did, not all.
>>
China was one of the Allied countries during WW2. With American supplies of weapon, ammo and gear it made perfect sense for the Chinese to manufacture c96'es for .45. Especially considering the Americans barely could supply their own forces with weapons for the first year after Pearl Harbor. Say what you want about the c96 but it is a simple piece of machinery to manufacture.
>>
>>35095367
Only one specific kind. Most were made for regular mauser ammo.

The .45 Mausers look quite different.
>>
>>35093972
>bad performance
In what way?

The only bad things about the gun are related to weight and mechanical complexity, not function.
>>
File: Asia.png (128KB, 581x443px)
Asia.png
128KB, 581x443px
>>35096597
You're explaining this to Mr. Nip Noguns
Know when to give up.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.