[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun and Weapon safety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1504752862161.png (761KB, 1700x2200px) Image search: [Google]
1504752862161.png
761KB, 1700x2200px
So how do you personally handle weapon safety and what precautions do you take to be safe when using your firearm?

Have you taken any gun safety training or have you learned on your own?

Pic VERY related
>>
>>35093872
I like to think I'm not retarded (barring the water wings and helmet I wear for the aesthetics) so I can handle weapons.
>>
File: PJforegrip.jpg (1MB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
PJforegrip.jpg
1MB, 1920x1440px
I'm straight up autistic about clearing, usually 5-6 times
>inb4 bad 4 shooty shoot
>>
>>35093872
Not being a complete fucking retard goes a long way. Literally why would you go to "safety" training when you can get pretty much all information online.
I'm not dissing training, I was involved in 4H gun clubs for a long time and safety was integral, but basic firearm safety should not require a long drawn out class.
>>
>>35093872
Four
Rules
>>
File: 1504414471636.jpg (45KB, 711x669px) Image search: [Google]
1504414471636.jpg
45KB, 711x669px
Did he seriously use a bullet to try and hammer something?
>>
Never had a father to show me guns so I got into them myself and learned myself. Most of it is common sense, like TD. I knew about TD when I was a child who has never even shot a gun. I did learn to work a little harder at safety after an ND doing a dryfire drill in my room though.
>>
>>35093970
See >>35094525
>figure it out yourself
>NDs into bedroom wall
>>
>>35094555
any amount of classes wouldn't have changed it because I had dropped the mag out of my pistol about 5 mins earlier, but somehow put it back in and forgot, then went to rack the slide to make sure it was empty, without realizing the mag was in and chambered a round
>>
>>35093872
As far as cleaning and just general finger fuckery I triple check to make sure the weapon is safe. Rack the slide 1, 2, 3. Visually check the chamber to see her dirty parts don't have an explosive surprise. Finger her slutty breech and chamber to make sure she isn't holding out on me (and the dirty whore loves it).
>>
>>35094507
He was trying to dismount an M2 machine gun on an MRAP and used a .50 cartridge to push a pin out, which is apparently common practice. What is NOT common practice is hitting the cartridge with a rock when the pin is stuck.

Thanks OP, I've been looking for a good hi res copy of this. I didn't think to get a copy when they posted this in our TOC right after it happened. It didn't happen in my company, but another transportation company that we worked with.
>>
>>35093970
Not everyone is a fucking internet nerd
>>
>>35094507
Grunts are retarded. Like the dumbass who fiddled with the XM25 grenades and made it blow in the gun.
>>
>>35094507
America's finest, folks.
>>
>>35094634
>any amount of classes wouldn't have changed it
>racks slide with mag inserted and fires a round into his wall
You're right, safety classes can't fix retardation, it's just a disability you have to live with
>>
Just another case of a solider who is ether retarded or knows next to nothing about guns to understand you can't use a live round as a hammer.

The military in recent years has had the major problem of new recruits coming from increasingly less rugged backgrounds, or having any prior experience with weapons at all. It's severely effected training.
>>
>>35095405
Society is too coddled to experience a more rugged background these days.
>>
>>35093872

Never took formal classes, but I take safety seriously. Never had a ND, never had a "Oops, I thought this wasn't loaded" situation.

The biggest lapse in safety that I can recall was when I was teaching a buddy to shoot. I was giving him one round at a time to load into my 91/30, then at one point he looks up and says that the gun didn't fire despite him pulling the trigger.

So he put the gun down and without thinking I started to open the action, then immediately closed it because I realized it could have been a slow burning primer or something. Nevertheless, we both had on eye protection and the muzzle was pointed downrange the entire time. Still, we could have been injured because for a moment there I wasn't thinking.

Anyway, turns out the primer was a dud.
>>
>>35095462
Hey man, better safe than sorry, if anything that OP shows or general sense says, guns have and will always be a serious risk.

On the side, where do you practice and test your guns?
I usually go to the local shooting range, friends with the owner so i get a discount.
>>
File: DIXhb93XgAIcelB.png (85KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
DIXhb93XgAIcelB.png
85KB, 259x195px
>>35094824
>Like the dumbass who fiddled with the XM25 grenades and made it blow in the gun.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.