[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one is better /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 20170906_230455.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170906_230455.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
>>
>>35093485
My dick
>>
File: 1468009391628.jpg (24KB, 540x417px)
1468009391628.jpg
24KB, 540x417px
>>35093498
>>
>>35093485
What is your intended purpose?
>>
File: IMG_4056.png (925KB, 1334x750px)
IMG_4056.png
925KB, 1334x750px
>>35093485
My dick
>>
>>35093517
SHTF probably
>>
>>35093485
for what?
>>
>>35093628
SHTF scenario
>>
>>35093485
people always argue about this and i just don't get it.

The bigger round is going to do a surer and better job when placed as well as the little one.

This is simply much easier said than done. If you aren't concerned with weight/capacity/recoil/cost or feel your needs outweigh those costs then go with the bigger round.

That all being said it's also true that the smaller round isn't typically incapable of doing what the bigger round does with proper bullet selection.
>>
>>35093701
Isn't stopping power really just a myth though?
I mean you'll be on the ground regardless what you were shot with, and 5.56 is a rifle round nevertheless.
>>
>>35093760
Not really
>>
>>35093485
Both are good for what they do.
>>
>>35093776
Elaborate?
>>
>>35093760
Stopping power isn't a myth, but isn't only based on force. Factors come into play such as where it hit and how much yawing and fragmentation occured.
>>
>>35093798
Just watch liveleak.
1 5.56 isn't an assurance of anything.
>>
>1 of each
Take the bigger round ofc.
>>
>>35093760
I dont see why you're bringing a buzzword like "stopping power" into this.

There are plenty of situations where that isn't a factor and a larger round will still do a better job. Intermediate barriers come to mind.

when you get down to the nitty gritty a larger round is typically the same as a smaller round just either more massive at the same velocity or the same/lesser mass at a higher velocity. More energy means it can do more things and more importantly can do a thing or two and still have plenty of energy to kill something afterwards.

Of course im taking "larger" to mean more powerful as opposed to just larger diameter. A smaller diameter round can have certain advantages when it comes to some things, particularly hard barrier penetration comes to mind, when given the same energy as a larger diameter round.

Oh and FYI while quantifiable stopping power is a myth, stopping power itself isn't one. Simply defined it's just the relative likelihood of a person stopping what they're doing after being shot. It's just more or less the same regardless of caliber assuming the round damages the same structures.
>>
>>35093660
If you're moving around, a few hundred rounds of 5.56 are way more comfortable to carry and worth it imo. But realistically you won't be carrying a few hundred rounds at all times and moving around a lot. In that case I'd pick the .308. I'm not saying that 5.56 isn't capable, especially the 77gr rounds more that prove it is, but why sacrifice stoppin powah when you don't need to? Also shtf will never happen so pick what you like.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.