[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gas Mask and Glasses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: GP-7Vmask.jpg (65KB, 547x590px) Image search: [Google]
GP-7Vmask.jpg
65KB, 547x590px
Oight lads, I bought meself a gas mask, but me eyes are shite. I literaly cant not wear them glasses. How to proceed?

I have a extra pair of glasses. Is there some protocol to jury rig them glasses to the inside of me gasmask? Someome ever tried it before?

Pic related. It's the same model as the mask I bought. Damn beauty she is.
>>
could try to go to eyebuydirect or something and get the largest circular pair of glasses you can find, with the hopes of popping them out and replacing or overlapping with the current glass
>>
>>35092415
I could try that. But I think you underestimate how fucking bad my eyesight is. I am unable to properly translate it to english but for comparison my lenses cost the equivalent of 300 dollars because of how extreme their correction was.
>>
>>35092494
>lenses cost the equivalent of 300 dollars
sooo....your a genetic mistake?

also just buy a mask that goes over the entire head and your glasses should fit. They also used to make glasses just for gas mask. I suppose you could take an old pair of glasses and solder them onto the limbs of a pair meant for gas mask.
>>
take the ear pieces off and use elastic like you would with goggles
>>
>>35092349
They do make some lens mounts for some masks, but not exactly for slav shit. You should have got an M40 or MCU-2, both work with glasses.
>>
>>35093062
They're called "temples," you mongoloid.
>>
>>35092349
I've had this exact issue with that exact mask while using for an improptue stalker get up.

The answer is, buy a better mask.
>>
>>35093007
I have an old pair of glasses that is doesn't work 100% percent anymore. Could I take the legs off and use them on the bridge of my nose no problem?

>>35093079
>>35093159
I got that mask because it was cheap and easy to find. It was 25 euro with the fabric bag to carry it on a flea market. I thought it was a cute.
>>
File: MCU2P.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
MCU2P.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>35092349
How are your lense held in? Frame around it, held by tight string, or screw into the glass itself? If held by tight string, you might be able to pop them out and insert them into these things. Probably not comfortable but hey whatevs. Personally I prefer those kinda glasses just because I can reinsert them if one of the lens falls out of their frame.
>>
>>35093468
Frame around them. Can't pop them out.

I will see if I can get my old glasses and have them made into one of those.
>>
>>35092349
my dad once used clear silicone caulk to glue an old pair of lenses to a dive mask for my mom. that'd probably work for you, thin bead on the outside edges of the lenses.
>>
>>35093100
not knowing optometrist jargon doesn't make him retarded.
>>
NEVER under any circumstances wear normal glasses under the seal of a gas mask. This interrupts the seal and effectively diminishes the protective quality of the mask.
Get a pair of optical inserts (only some masks are compatable with their own proprietary optical inserts) or specially-made gas mask compatable flames, like >>35093468
pictured.
>>
>>35094079
*frames
fuck me
>>
>>35094079
>>35094095

where can i get a frame that would fit with a gas mask
>>
>>35093569
Darn thats a bummer. Well good luck anyhow. I reckon you could get inserts for your gas mask, or make them yourself (a complete fucking bitch to do).
>>
File: 2017-09-06 21.16.46.jpg (290KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-06 21.16.46.jpg
290KB, 576x768px
New to gas masks guys, which one should I buy ? Which one is better?
>>
>>35092349
my instructor at basic had very good advice for when someone inevitably asked "what do I do about my glasses if I have to put on my mask?"

it went something like "throw your glasses on the ground and then get laser eye surgery"

>>35094194
get a normal industrial mask instead, they're just as good and the filters dont cost an arm and a leg
>>
>>35094194
M10 is cheaper, dunno about the M65. The more modern a gas mask is, the more likely it is to work properly.
>>
>>35092349
LASIK
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.