[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would USA do if north korea reveals they have a typhoon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: Typhoon3.jpg (160KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Typhoon3.jpg
160KB, 1024x768px
What would USA do if north korea reveals they have a typhoon class sub with 20 7000km+ SLBMs?
>>
>>35089012
it would have an """""""""accident""""""""
>>
>>35089024
Would a nearby cargo ship suddenly turn around and sail straight into it with its location beacon turned off or somehow giving the wrong bearing?
>>
>>35089012
>tweet incoherent angry president noises at the ruskies
>shit pants
>lie about agressive fleet movements to the press
>in the end do nothing creative
>>
>>35089012
Send Alec Baldwin to steal it.
>>
>>35089012

Then the Pacific SOSUS, P3's, P8's and SSN's would find it and sink it before a cruise missile strike on nork bases.
>>
>>35089012
Pretty much this >>35089051
>>
>>35089062
Yeah finding a nuclear ballistic missile submarine is very quick and certain. You fucking idiot. Why are kids not banned from this board?
>>
Laugh because the Norks just paid good money to own a submarine they can barely afford to maintain just rusting at the pier much less keep on an operational schedule.

Also.

>bastion AO boomer sub
>operating out of a country with no bastion or dedicated assets to keep it safe

I hate /k/ because the armchair privates think weapon systems exist in a vacuum.
>>
>>35089163

It is when owned by the Russians.

Russia cant Navy much less submarine.
>>
>>35089163
You're posting in a fucking retarded summer thread. Get off your pedestal cocksucker.
>>
>>35089163
If you knew anything about how frequently USSR SSBN's were tracked you wouldn't be posting.

And they had a huge area to hide them in full of MPA's FFA'a and SSN's.

The Norks have nothing and only have hostile seas to operate.

You can count on one hand the number of USSR subs which made it through GIUK without being tracked.

So you can shove your poorly informed opinion down your japseye
>>
>>35089272
*Made it through GIUK after 1980
>>
>>35089272
Why would Soviet boomers go through GIUK? And where did you get reliable information on how many times were Soviet boomers tracked?
>>
>>35089012
Sink it.
>>
>>35089012
tragic boating accident
>>
>>35089012
You don't actually believe thag Reagan's Star Wars didn't go through, do you? Laser sattelites are waiting.
>>
>>35089315
I never said Soviet bombers were tracked through GIUK, i said subs. Typhoon was a loud bomber, like most twin screw subs.

And my understanding of how many were tracked comes from reading dozens of first-hand accounts from cold war submariners.
>>
>>35089272
How do we know how many made it through without being detected? From what you said it seems that the existence of the subs that actually made it are completely denied.
>>
>>35089572
Because the ones that made it took great satisfaction in surfacing off the east coast or in the gulf of Mexico to hysterical tabloid headlines.
>>
who needs a sub when you have a fleet of cargo ships that can take out USN destroyers all day long
>>
File: 1371916019804.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1371916019804.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>35090071
they should turn the typhoon into a cargo submarine so it would take care of american SSNs while cargo ship obliterate the surface ships
alternatively they could just use a reef
>>
>>35089421
If you knew anything about subs, you'd know that SSBNs are called boomers.

t. a submariner
>>
File: 1462723524426.png (615KB, 795x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462723524426.png
615KB, 795x720px
>>35090071
NK has a fleet of cargo ships?
>>
>>35089012
They already have a fleet of ballistic missile submarines, functional missiles, and underwater sub docks. The US does nothing. If they had a Typhoon, they would also do nothing.
>>
>>35090486
Not in the Royal Navy. and we've been calling them bomber since before you were calling them boomers.

Seems like some shithead visited Holy Loch and couldn't understand what the scots were saying to him.
>>
>>35089012
Reveal that Jap Gundams are real. Also anime is real.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.